
See the "flying saucer" to the right......where it says UFO challenge??? Well.......you can click on there and find out about the UFO challenge for which I signed up in 2010. The gal who organizes it (Nancy at Patchwork Penguin) has us select 10 UFO's and assign a number (from 1 to 10) to each of them. She then announces a number each month (Jan. - Oct.). We take the UFO with THAT number and work on it that month and aim to finish it before the month is over. Number 4 was chosen for January and that is my Christmas candle mat I'd wanted for this past Christmas. To the left is a photo of it before it was started. Now I hope to get it done in the next couple of weeks as part of this challenge. Anyone can still sign up for this UFO challenge, if they wish....just click on that flying saucer and it will take you to the right spot on Nancy's blog!
23 comments:
I like that candle mat...good luck on getting it completed.
What a cute idea! It has an element of surprise to it!
Fantastic idea!! Good luck on all of your UFO's!
you'll get that done in no time flat
I will be watching to see the finished candle mat!
That is a great idea for someone with lots of UFOs.
Oooo cute mat!! My UFO's will take all year...if not longer, but I'm in no hurry LOL.
Crispy
Great idea!!! Love the candle mat, can't wait to see your progress.
Wow what a great idea!!
The candle mat is adorable! Can't wait to see it finished!!!
Great idea Pat
Now you will be sure to have it for next year! :) Great idea.
The first year of my retirement was devoted to UFOs, and I really got a lot done. I was shocked when I wrote them down. Most (not all) of the UFOs I have now are the ones I work on regularly. I'll be watching your progress.
Can't wait to see this in the end...very cute...
Glad you will get your candle mat finished this year! You are really intent on getting alot done! Good for you.
I am thinking that is a damn good idea...might just have to join up - I have a group like that for knitting projects...but, I had nothing for quilting projects.
Such a cute candle mat, can't wait to see it as you progress. Great Idea for the UFO's... Hope you enjoy all of your completed projects this time next year ;-)
I may just have to steel that idea for myself. Number all my UFO's and projects so when I have time, just draw a number and that's what I'll work on. Happy 2010
Great idea! Good luck.
Cute candle mat, Pat! It will be fun to see what UFO's you have that you'll finish. :-)
Hmmmm... I'm a little scared to put that much pressure on myself, especially for January. Plus, I like to work on things that appeal to me in the moment. Maybe... I'll check it out. Thanks for the info.
The candle mat looks cute! Good luck with your finish!
It's a great way to finish your UFOs. You will finish them all off, I am sure!
Micki
That is a great idea to "force" you to get those UFO's done!!! Might have to look into it!!! LOL Love your project- can't wait to see the finished result!
You go girl! Sometimes a bit of pressure and commitment elsewhere is just what we need! 8-)
Post a Comment