We woke up to a snowfall that was pretty and not very problematic.......a nice day to bake....so I was happy to have that yucky chocolate and Terry's recipe at my disposal. This is how it looked out my kitchen window as I was preparing the brownies for baking.
Here is that yucky, bitter chocolate ready for the microwave
And now it's all melted with butter.....it's looking better already, don't you think?
Ahhhhh...now we have added other good things like sugar and vanilla and nuts....and I added raisins as we love raisins.......ready for the oven now!
Out of the oven now and nearly ready for a taste test (even though it's early in the morning!)
I decided to top off my brownie with a tiny bit (and you can see it IS a tiny bit) of egg nog flavored ice cream. I cannot begin to tell you how YUMMY the chocolate had become now!!!
And......I tried to be good by only letting a few of the brownies be eaten now....and the rest were put (two in a bag) into the freezer for eating at a "sensible" rate over the next several weeks!
28 comments:
Boy! They look yummy! Suddenly I'm in a baking mood! Hope I can be as sensible as you and store them in the freezer!
NO problem, just send brownies! They should stay frozen all the way here. LOL. They look great.
I admire your strength in freezing most of the brownies. We have a problem with leaving them in the pan and constantly straightening the edges... somehow they disappear very quickly.
Ha, those brownies would taste perfectly good straight out of the freezer. I would find myself visiting it often. Ooops.
Yummm brownies with ice cream!!!!
My neighbor's kids have brownie radar so I rarely have enough left to put in the freezer LOL.
Crispy
There is nothing better and more comforting than a warm pan of brownies.
WOW!! What a great way to save the chocolate!! And Gene is just rotten! lol! So, if you are going to send some to him, add my name to the list!
Stay safe in the weather....
The view from your kitchen window is beautiful. I would have had trouble tearing myself away. The brownies look yummy.
I love the view out your kitchen window. While mine's not nice and flat like yours, it's beautiful today with the fresh snow. The brownies look yummy!!
The view from your kitchen window is so pretty. Snow is wonderful, when we don't have to go out in it!
Brownies look soooo good! I can't eat chocolate these days, although I hope to be able to have it again soon. You may send my share of the brownies to Gene. LOL
I'm glad I could help out with the recipe! And I'm glad you were able to use up the chocolate! Love the view from your kitchen window! :0)
Yippie you were able to save the chocolate!!!
By adding raisins to your mix made me think of Chunky's? Haven't had one of those in years!
Snow looks pretty in your yard!!
We never got a flake!
Now a good brownie is my weakness ;-) You did a good thing to bag the rest up and put away for another day. I love to bring out a treat when no one is expecting it. It is FREEZING here today!! We've had rain over night and the temps will be dropping into the 20's. Can you believe it? I sure can't.
Pat lucky you to be able to enjoy that yummy chocolate treat. I have been desperatley trying to be a good girl after the holidays so I can fitinto a nice dress for my daughter wedding. It is so hard to lose weight after a certain age ya know.
But I keep at it.
I love how the now looks so nice and serene.
i love brownies too, but my diet don't....enjoy
I'll be right over for a brownie!
It's minus 8 degrees here and the cold outside just seems to seep through to the inside. I was just thinking that maybe I should bake something to warm up. Your brownies look really good and you had me til you mentioned raisins. I prefer mine just chocolate. I have never eaten brownies at a "sensible" rate. That part just cracked me up! LOL! I bake 'em, I eat 'em!
So happy you were able to recycle.....lol...the chocolate!
I am sure that you took all the yucky calories out too????
Oh Yum! Look at those brownies!
Oh Yuck! Look at all that snow!
Woman, send that recipe! I have a bar of that chocolate sitting here - one of the radio stations was giving them out at the local women's show I went to.
And, I know it was to expensive to throw out - but, I can't eat it the way it is!
Even though you can't send brownies to Gene, you can send them to me!?! Remember, I take what you don't like and make it good......huh?
Pat, that looks soooo good. Kevin made me brownies tonight and his special home made chili tonight and he is taking good care of me. I never thought of making the brownies with dark chocolate, it would be much better for us. Take care, Steph
Mmmmmm..... Looks yummy! Good you found a use for it in the end... 8-)
Love the snowfall and the brownies, Pat. Stay warm and inspired. x
Your snowy photos are awesome Pat and I'm so happy you rescued the chocolate from it's uneaten fate!
I want to bring my spoon and lick the bowl....yummmmmm
What a pretty view out your window. I like the view on the plate too!!
Post a Comment