Thursday, January 21, 2010

PENGUINS.....


Did you know yesterday was National Penguin Awareness Day? I didn't, but Tonya was kind enough to inform me. (She knows...as do some of the rest of you....that I am a penguin "nut"!!!) Even though I have many penguins in the house I could have put here, I found this online and thought it was too cute not to share. So.......even though I'm a day late, I hope I did my part to make you more aware of penguins!! LOL

26 comments:

Betsy said...

happy penguins day Pat.

Joanne Lendaro said...

they are adorable little critters aren't they? Happy penguins day!

Unknown said...

You should have saw those baby penguins they had on the Today show, so cute, I just love the way they waddle.

Gene Black said...

Ha ha... I saw a little girl in a penguin shirt yesterday. I thought of you!

Unknown said...

No I didn't know that! I so love them too. Someday, I hope to see them in Antarctica. I know big dreams, but I would love it!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Penguin day :-)

ooglebloops said...

Definitely too cute to eat!! I KNOW you will mark your calendar for next year, so you don't miss out on that date!!!!

Crispy said...

Goodness of all people I would have thought you knew this special day LOL. Someone is very talented with icing!!

Crispy

The Other Barb said...

too cute. I'm not a big penguin fan but I do like the cartoon...Penguins of Madagasgar :)

Nancy said...

Ah Penquins....they are always so formal....LOL

Kaye said...

Some cupcake! I'd not want to eat it, its so cute. In the elementary school in NY a lady made a cake and made penguins from olives and they were all over the icing, was really clever

Rachel said...

Happy belated Penguin Day!

That is the cutest thing... did you also find directions to make that cupcake?

andsewon said...

Happy 'belated' Penguin Day my Penguin loving friend!!
Hugs,
Lola

Needled Mom said...

Who knew?????? Amazing that they have a day just for penguins.

Debi said...

So cute Pat, did not know there was a Penguins day.

Rhonda said...

What a cute little Penguin!

antique quilter said...

oh no I didn't know that I will have to tell my DD
I bet she knew!
Kathie

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for telling me this!! I don't think my oldest (the one in law school, the penguin nut) knows that this day exists.

Tangos Treasures said...

See that you learn something new everyday!! Thanks for the heads up!
That cupcake is adorable!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

That cupcake is too cute and at the same time it "looks good enough to eat!" :-)

Patty said...

I didn't know penquins had their own day....I have a son who loves penquins and will have to tell him this!

Julia said...

I didn't know either..they are so cute, happy penguins day Pat.
Julia ♥

Cora said...

Oh Pat, That little penguin is too cute!! Happy "P" day! That must be why you got so many gifts.

hetty said...

Didn't know there was such a thing as Penguin Day, but there seems to be a day for everything else, so why not. Happy Belated Penguin Day, Pat!

Danielle said...

Penguin day! Who knew?!?!? How could you not love them, they are so cute!

julieQ said...

My daughter in law just loves penguins! So cute!