
Several months back, I signed up for a cottage block swap with 11 others. (We didn't start at the beginning of the year.) We now have several blocks that have been made and sent to us and I've shown them as they arrived. I was signed up to make the cottage for February. I have 4 of them made so far. They all have the same "roof" fabric, "window" fabric, "sky" fabric and "door" fabric, but then I varied each of them a bit for the walls, chimneys and wonky borders. All the fabrics reminded me of Valentine's Day and that is why I chose them for my cottages. I am going to send each gal in the swap a red heart-shaped button for a "doorknob". (Figure it's best for them to be put in place after the quilting is done.) I think the cottages are so cute so far.....what do YOU think? I'll be excited to send them on to their new owners at the end of the month!
43 comments:
Those blocks look really nice. The people who receive them will be pleased! Nice work.
These are adorable! The finished quilt will be wonderful :)
Those are very cute!!
Love your houses. So Cool.
They are just adorable Pat.
i've seen these on other blogs too, and i've always liked them...you did a great job as usual
What cute blocks! I can't wait to see them in the final project.
They're really cute. I like how the are similar but not the same and the button for the doorknob will be adorable!
LOVE the house blocks!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
The cottages are very cute. I think the doorknob heart buttons will make a lovely embellishment.
Pat, they are just perfect! Every month when the cottage arrives I get more excited to finish this quilt.
They are wonderful and I like the fact they are a bit wonky! Definitely adds appeal.
OOOOOOOH can't wait to get this one in the mail Pat...great job!
I do love me some wonky houses.. and these are just "to die for." Anyone would be lucky to have them.
I've done some wonky houses and I now I may just have to make a valentines day one! oh, maybe a house for each month of the year.
Pat - love the hearts in the windows and the button door knob ... little details make such a difference.
These are really cute, and the word "wonky" came to mind before I even read your post. The doorknob idea is great!
I love the way they are set on an angle!!!Sending doorknobs along is a great idea!!!
can't wait to get mine!
can't wait to get mine!
The cottages are wonderful Pat, they will LOVE them!!
Crispy
These are so darling. I love them. I am hoping to join in some swaps this year since I have the wedding behind me. I am excited about doing this. Your Annie swap that I joined a while back resulted in 3 great things! I learned to make an Annie doll, I made a new friend, Sherry (that I love to death) and my Granddaughter (14 years old) has made 2 of these dolls! Thank you so much.
Wow!! These are adorable!!!
I am so excited to get mine.
Your houses are adorable...lucky recipients!
Those are darling! I love the hearts in the windows.
Just as cute as can be. I'll look forward to seeing the finished quilt.
great blocks!! What a wonderful swap idea!
Such cute cottages! Love the red and white.
Oh! I love them! So very cute!
perfect theme for February. as I have said on past posts, I just love these houses. I found the pattern for them yesterday. Printed it out & will put it on my "to do" list for this year :)
Those blocks look really cute.
Happy 2010!!
They are cute!!
They're so cute. I've always wanted to make a 'house' quilt; I have so far made ONE whole block, just to try out the pattern.
I love the red fabrics you chose - perfect for V-day. I think the heart button is a sweet idea for a doorknob. Can't wait to see this finished!
How cute! Sounds like a fun swap.
Wonderful blocks Pat! They will make an adorable quilt! 8-)
Those are really cute!!!
Oh Pat, I can't wait to get mine!!! They are soooooooo cute!
Too cute! You the colors.
Those are very cute...I was in one of these swaps last year..great fun!
Julia ♥
Cute!Such sweet cottages.
Great fab choice for Feb too!!
The cottages are so cute Pat and perfect for Valentine's Day!
Darling blocks, Pat!! The swappers in your group will be really pleased with these!!
What darling blocks! That will be such a cute quilt when finished!
.....those r so stinkin' cute!
Post a Comment