Saturday, January 2, 2010

Additions to my Jim Shore collection....

I was happy that hubby added to my collection of Jim Shore figurines on Christmas morning. Here are photos of my two new pieces. Of course, you probably recognize this is the 3 little pigs. There are actual pieces of straw in the one pig's bag and the middle pig has actual twigs in the bag that is behind him. Aren't these 3 cute? (Click on them to seem them in greater detail.....sorry if my photography is a bit blurry!)

Next is a small, hinged box with a tiny sewing machine on top of it (with a teeny tiny spool of thread). The photo below that shows the box opened up with another spool of thread and teeny tiny scissors fastened to the inside of the lid. I am sure you will agree that this is just the perfect Jim Shore piece for a quilter!!!

35 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

They are just sooooo cute

Margi said...

they are both very adorable! I love Jim Shore figurines. My favorite is the Golden Retriever a friend gave me a couple of Christmas's ago. Of course, Goldens are my favorite so it only makes sense. LOL

Tangos Treasures said...

Those are cute! I love his stuff!

Kaye said...

Gary has good taste, they are adorable. I especially LOVE the sewing machine

luv2quilt2 said...

What a perfect gift. I absolutely love the box, and those little pigs have the sweetest faces!

Crispy said...

What a good hubby you have. His selections were wonderful!!

Hope you are feeling better!!

Crispy

ooglebloops said...

Love them - especially the box! I am going to have to look for that around here!!! Hope you are feeling better!!

Gene Black said...

I am not sure which I like better. The three pigs are so cute. They make me giggle.

Kathy said...

Those little pigs are sooo cute! And the sewing machine is perfect for someone like you, who loves to sew.

Hope you are well now and starting off the New Year with good health.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I'm not familiar with Jim Shore, but then, I don't frequent shops that feature figurines. They don't stock them in the Farmer's Co-op. Arararar. You should share more pictures of your collection. I really like the box and sewing machine.

Anonymous said...

The box is an adorable and appropriate collectible for you!

Betsy said...

Pat they are so cute. I see why you like them.

Jocelyn said...

Very cute! I love the sewing box. I've never seen one before. Hope you are feeling better.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I've never seen these before! I just LOVE the sewing machine!!! I love that that the piggies have real straw and twigs.

Anonymous said...

Just darling! (how are ya feelin?)

Terry said...

Those are both so cute! I LOVE the piggies! :0)

hetty said...

Those are so cute! I love those little piggies. Your Hubby is a great gift finder!

Kathleen said...

Soooo cute!! Love the box!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

The little sewing machine box is the cutest ever Pat!! Sweet gift!

The Other Barb said...

love the sewing box. I have one figurine of Jim Shore's.It's a snowman.Actually a snow-woman :)

andsewon said...

Cute!! I must say though I adore the sewing machine box!
Will have to add that to my list...;-)
When we got to Macy's and JC Penny's they had pretty much sold out of the JS things at 75% off!! ;-(

Barb said...

I collect the Jim Shore Tinkerbells ~ no surprise there! And I do have his flamingo which I absolutely love! He is amazing.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Cute cute cute!!!!

Rae Ann said...

I love Jim Shore things! I also bought the sewing machine box. In addition to that I bought the little fairy sitting on top of a spool of thread. It is another of my favorites!

Sara said...

The 3 Little Pigs are cute - but, the box is adorable...

Myra said...

What wonderful figurines Pat! Adorable! 8-)
Happy new year!

Barb said...

I love your figurines.....can you show them all?

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Love the little box with sewing machine atop. I would use it for keeping cash that I would spend on quilty stuff. It would probably be empty a lot as I would save it, then spend it! LOL!! I have a Jim Shore ornament that my friend, Jeanne gave me and a larger Snowman from friend, Sara, and a bunny from friends Sharon and Laura. I didn't know who Jim Shore was til I received that first one from Jeanne but I treasure each one because of the connection to my quilty friends. :-)

Pokey said...

Aren't they cute? I had not seen the sewing machine box, I LOVE it! I love little pokey boxes. I have two Jim Shore angels, bought new, but I found two taller snowmen at a thrift store(!) and scooped them up for $9 bucks each, perfect condition.
I'm happy for your Merry Christmas!

Millie said...

The pigs are so cute!
Happy New Year!
Millie

Gari in AL said...

I love your new Jim Shore. I have a box of his Christmas ornaments and a JS daschund. I would love more but I am trying to limit the number of things I have to dust.

Val said...

I love the piggies! But I adore that sewing machine! Happy New Year.

Mary Anne Drury said...

Happy New Year Pat !!! WOW !! Your hubby did good !! I LOVE those Jim Shore figurines .... specially that sewing machine !!!!!

Unknown said...

I do love that sewing box, how cute....

Royce said...

What a great collection. I'd not seen the little sewing machine box before. I have just started my collection and did get a new one for Christmas. They are just beautiful.