You might recall I am moderating a "no-sew-block-swap" using green/neutral fabrics. So far, I have the fabrics from 6 of the participants and 2 more are on their way. (There are 12 of us in this swap.) I decided yesterday to reach into the bin where I'm keeping all of this and randomly pull out one of the baggies so I could make one of the blocks. (This is one of the advantages of being the moderator....I get the fabrics for the swap before everyone else!!! LOL) The one I pulled out happened to be Kathy's and she had chosen the Churn Dash, so I used the fabric she provided and had already cut to make this block. I like the fabrics she provided and I also am pleased with how the block turned out.....you can click on it to enlarge it, if you wish.

Here is a photo of that same block alongside the block that I made with the fabrics I chose (and cut up for the other participants). This block is called "Austin" (on the Quilters' Cache website). I'm excited about working on a green quilt as green seems to be my favorite color of fabric!

Today I will be off to the post office to mail my February wonky cottages (that I showed here a few days back) to the other gals in that swap. The gals are scattered all around ....FL......the midwest......the northwest....up and down the east coast...and in Canada. One of the gals lives quite near to me, though, so I delivered hers in person yesterday!
26 comments:
they look really good together!
This will be a great quilt. Keep showing photos.
Oh nice!! It's going to look great!
What's the "no sew" part of the swap? The blocks look wonderful!
Ah the joy of being the moderator of a group. Your blocks look so nice.
Oh yea, I love green, too. I have to stop myself from buying it all the time....lol
The blocks look great. One of my favorites is Churn Dash.....so many possibilities with fabric placement. The Austin block looks 3D...cool!
Can't wait to see all these green blocks together...
Will they be large enough to make a quilt?
Now that is an Irish block if ever there was one ... how lovely.
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~ Marydon
Y'all are going to have fun! I can't wait until the pink and green stuff (from another no-sew swap) is in my hands...
Very lovely. This would make a great Irish quilt :-)
OOOO, it's gonna look nice!!! :>)
It will be lovely. I can't wait to see the wonky houses.
Loverly blocks Pat :0)
I am liking it...them...;-)
Sadie and I will be off to PO as soon as this horrid rain lets up...3 inches in my rain gauge!!
Lola
What a fun swap. I am in a somewhat similar project - each month one member of our group picks a block pattern and then we all make it - in colors of our choosing - and I'm doing mine in greens. Each person can pick their own colors and at the end of a year we will all put our quilts together however we want and then we'll have an online quilt show.
I just finished the churn dash block that someone picked - and it is quite similar to the one that you made.
This quilt is going to be wonderful, I am really excited!!
so pretty...I'm excited for this.
I am washing my fabric as we speak - so I can iron, cut, and mail on Wednesday...
Even though green is not one of my favorite colors - I am looking forward to this little quilt!
So pretty, and fun as it comes together in a somewhat unpredictable way. :)
I think this green and white quilt is going to be very pretty. You are one of the most productive bloggers I know!!!
Very nice. I'm getting excited about this! I'll be heading to the PO to mail my baggies RIGHT after work (no opportunity to sneak out during the day even though it was slow here).
Green... Green with envy... 8-)
Sounds like a great swap Pat!
Looking forward to it all coming together...
Happy stitchings!
they really look great...can't wait to get them all
Your blocks look great! This will be a wonderful quilt! I love greens too!
The block swap sure sounds like a lot of fun. Love the blocks, and I enjoy your blog.
The blocks are great Pat. Oh I am looking forward to seeing the cottage.
Post a Comment