A few times, I've mentioned a cottage block swap I'm in....a year-long project involving 12 of us. We each chose a month and made 12 cottages for that month (using fabric appropriate for that month) and sent them to the others. We began in May. My month was February and yesterday I finished my 12 February cottages. Here is a picture of them:

And here is a picture of a few of them close-up.......the door, sky, roof, and window on each is from the same fabric, but otherwise, I did vary them a bit. Each person will get a tiny red heart-shaped button to use as a doorknob (to be attached after their project has been quilted). They should go in the mail on Monday. They were fun to make!

These are the 10 cottages I have so far......January is the top left one...then February....still need to get March and April....and then the rest continue in order....shell fabric for May...roses in June...patriotic in July.....beachy fabric for August, etc. Pretty cute, huh? It will be fun to turn them into a quilt...I'm thinking a lap/throw-sized quilt will be nice to have.

AND......Stephanie from "
A Ditchin' Time Quilts" nominated me for the Lemonade Stand blog award.......

Thanks, Steph!!! I am honored that you think my blog is good enough for that award. I am to pick 10 others, but....since I keep up with more than 150 blogs now, I cannot possibly choose the 10 "best".......so if you are reading this and IF I am a regular reader/commenter of YOUR blog, considered yourself nominated, okay....because, you know I only read GREAT blogs!!!! :)
32 comments:
I love the cottages Pat. SO appropriate for February.
I love the little houses and absolutely love what you did with February! February is my birthday month, so it is very special! Thanks for sharing--love your blog; you deserve the award!
They are really cute and the button is a nice touch!
Your February houses are adorable.
I love those houses, so cute.
Those blocks are awesome!!
I am already nominated. Darn you were gonna be on my list too!
Pat, I just love that whole idea of the cottage block swap. Especially that each block is geared towards the month that you were given. How fun and it will make a wonderful quilt!!
OK Pat, "Pucker Up"
I love the little hearts in the windows of your cottages, very cute!
That is going to be such a cute quilt when you get all the blocks.
Crispy
I love your February blocks! So cute. That is going to be a grea quilt!
i love those cottage blocks! They will make a fabulous quilt. Yours for February are very clever and certainly appropriate to the month.
so cute! love the hearts in the window. the door knob hearts will be cute too :)
Sweet cottages Pat...you have indeed been busy!
Those cottages are adorable! They may be my favorite!
Adorable!!!
I just have to do these one day!!
Lola
The silted cottages are really cute. That must have been fun choosing fabrics to enhance each cottage.
Love your cottages... that is going to be a fab quilt!
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the cottages!! Can't wait to see it done! I just finished the binding on my Freddie quilt, after being quilted for almost a year!
What fun your pink heart cottages must have been to work on!
I agree with everyone, the cottages are wonderful.....
Oh, how cute! Love your whimsical cottages. How they twist to and fro...and I think you are a great one that the Lemonade award! Congratulations!
I think that is a really cute idea! And, the cottages you have received are really cute!
I know someone who is really good at turning swap blocks into terrific quilts: hint, hint.
Those Valentine houses are cute as can be! Cute & wonky.
Can't wait to get my Valentine cottage Pat = they are so cute! We are going to have the best cottage quilts ever!
Cute cottages, Pat. This is going to be a great quilt. Have you ever counted how many quilts you've made?
i love house blocks!
gill
I can't wait to get it Pat...your cottages are adorable!
These cottage blocks are SO cute ! I love your Feb ones. I am just not in the right place at the right time to get in on these swaps ! I need to find one to do sometime !
Beth
I love ♥ these little houses. Your twelve red/pink ones would look good as a quilt on their own, but I love the different colours too! Oh, I so want to make a little house quilt. I made one block once and it's hanging on my bulletin board as inspiration.
So so so CUTE!!
I cant wait to see it all put together...your blocks are my favorite...all that pink!
Post a Comment