Well..I was going to spend a good part of yesterday sewing and also some time using our new Wii Fitness Plus unit. Neither one happened, because I got bit by the "closet-cleaning bug" and started on the closet that is in the sewing room/grandkids' bedroom. Now...maybe some of you are better about those chores than I am....but with ME, I need to tackle closets when I'm in the mood, otherwise they will never get done! So....I sorted through toys the grandkids no longer play with and boxed them up for the thrift shop. Then I tried to reorganize the closet to hold more of my sewing stuff (since there were fewer toys in there). I still want to change a few things around, but I did make some changes that make me happy. The photo here is of the fabric I WOULD have used if I'd sewn yesterday. I am doing a no-sew green/neutral swap with some blogging friends. I am going to do a block called Austin (on Quilter's Cache). The paper you see by the fabrics is that block. Hopefully, I will get one sewn today and will be able to show it here tomorrow.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
The best-laid plans......
Well..I was going to spend a good part of yesterday sewing and also some time using our new Wii Fitness Plus unit. Neither one happened, because I got bit by the "closet-cleaning bug" and started on the closet that is in the sewing room/grandkids' bedroom. Now...maybe some of you are better about those chores than I am....but with ME, I need to tackle closets when I'm in the mood, otherwise they will never get done! So....I sorted through toys the grandkids no longer play with and boxed them up for the thrift shop. Then I tried to reorganize the closet to hold more of my sewing stuff (since there were fewer toys in there). I still want to change a few things around, but I did make some changes that make me happy. The photo here is of the fabric I WOULD have used if I'd sewn yesterday. I am doing a no-sew green/neutral swap with some blogging friends. I am going to do a block called Austin (on Quilter's Cache). The paper you see by the fabrics is that block. Hopefully, I will get one sewn today and will be able to show it here tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
24 comments:
Great fabric choice Pat. I know exactly what you mean about the closets.
I have to go with the flow when the cleaning bug hits me too. That's why I spent so much of my vacation cleaning things out...I knew the bug does not come frequently and I needed to capitalize on it!
When I get that cleaning bug it bites really hard and I just have to give in and clean. I bet you felt good when it was done. Love the green fabrics that you will be using in your block.
LOL I get like that too!!
Love your color choice for that block!
I know what you mean about closets! I have to catch the same bug. I love the colours you chose for the no sew swap project and "Austin" is a nice simple, but effective block!
I think this cleaning thing hits most of us after the holidays. I got an email from my friend Stampin' Quilter Barb saying she was doing the same things yesterday. It must have been something in the South Jersey/Delaware air!
Very pretty fabrics...
Pat - I definitely agree about spontaneous closet cleaning - it takes twice as long as needed since I discover so many lost treasures!
I too, got to do it when it strikes, or it won't get done. Pretty greens, btw.
It is always so good to work on closets when the mood hits. I know for me, it usually ends up being an all day project.
I was doing the same thing yesterday! I went upstairs to the linen closet for something. Next thing I know I was in a closet sorting,throwing & reminiscing(sp?) . Stopped abt 2 pm & met my daughter at Starbucks :)
oh no...I hope I didn't give you the cleaning bug!! LOL
It feels good though to have closets cleaned and tidy.. After showing the rock star his cleaned and organized linen closet, he asked "just how long do we have to keep clean"....LOL
I was cleaning along with you yesterday -- all day!!!
Wii Fit? You will have to let me know how you like it.
Is today sewing day?
Great fabrics......as so cleaning closets....I don't like to but it is a necessity and I wind up finding little goodies like FQs that I've hidden from myself....go figure.....Take care.
I love the fabrics! I have the Wi Plus, and you will love it. I also use DanceX, and that one is a hard workout, but fun!
Micki
Same here Pat on the cleaning...still have 3 closets to do though and I bought space bags...;-)
Love the fabrics for the blocks.
I have mine pulled from my stash.
Hugs,
Lola
Good for you Pat! I am the same way! I can't plan for those kind of chores! They happen when the mood hits me! 8-)
Great fabrics for that block!
Happy stitchings!
Wow! I love those green fabrics.....especially that lighter green one on top!! Can't wait to see the block as it will be pretty, I'm sure. I, too, have to be "in the mood" to clean and sort. That's why it's been difficult lately doing cleaning and sorting in the basement. I wasn't really "in the mood" but my husband was!! LOL!!
Love your fabric....
Now you can come and clean my closets....we are going to have someone stay with us for a while and so I need to tackle the extra bedroom with the boys stuff in it...okay...my stuff tooooo...where to put it all??
I know what you mean about the cleaning bug....I looked at my closet today but just wasn't motivated
Oh, I like the fabric... And, I go nuts when the cleaning bug hits me - it's like everything stops until I get whatever done...
Gorgeous fabrics..
Oh, i wish the closet cleaning bug would give me a little bite...I've been meaning to do mine for ages..
Good feeling when it's all done, just need the motivation right now!
Julia ♥
Those fabrics are going to make a beautiful block!
SheilaC
I totally understand what you are talking about. My Mom got in the cleaning cabinets mood the other day and it rubbed off on me. I was glad after I got the job done.
Oh yes, closet cleaning does require the right frame of mind, but is so rewarding in the end.
Crispy
Post a Comment