A blogger friend, Rhonda (click HERE for her blog), showed a fractured diamond wall-hanging she made and put the tutorial on her blog several days back. I decided I wanted to make a runner using that technique. I have the main part of it done....and that is what you see in this photo. (You might be able to click on it to see it a bit larger.) I am going to see if I have enough strips to make full diamonds on the left side and the right side. If not, I'll just have to put a border there. I will also put some borders on the long sides......still puzzling over in my mind what color would look best for border(s). I am not totally pleased with my colors so far....although I love the main print (which is strawberries with bees buzzing among the plants). I am liking this technique, though, and will probably use it again for something else someday. Thanks to Rhonda for the good "lesson". If you go to her blog, look back to see her completed wall-hanging...it's really great!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
A summer runner in progress........
A blogger friend, Rhonda (click HERE for her blog), showed a fractured diamond wall-hanging she made and put the tutorial on her blog several days back. I decided I wanted to make a runner using that technique. I have the main part of it done....and that is what you see in this photo. (You might be able to click on it to see it a bit larger.) I am going to see if I have enough strips to make full diamonds on the left side and the right side. If not, I'll just have to put a border there. I will also put some borders on the long sides......still puzzling over in my mind what color would look best for border(s). I am not totally pleased with my colors so far....although I love the main print (which is strawberries with bees buzzing among the plants). I am liking this technique, though, and will probably use it again for something else someday. Thanks to Rhonda for the good "lesson". If you go to her blog, look back to see her completed wall-hanging...it's really great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
29 comments:
wow that is really amazing! i'm off to see rhonda and hve a look at her tutorial - thanks
gill
that's really cool! I'm going to have to try this... adding to my want-do list!
It looks great! I always love to try new techniques.
This is wonderful! It looks so hard, but I bet her tutorial makes it easy. I'll check it out. About finishing the side diamonds, I think the way it is now is perfect since it matches the design all the way around. Borders will be nice, you will know when you lay it out to see how they look, but I really like it as is. It gives the feeling of spring (which can't come too soon!) with the plants and bees fabric!
How pretty!! You know, I have only ever made ONE table runner...
and I have too much to do and I'm NOT checking out that tutorial and I have too much to do and I'm NOT checking out that tutotrial and I have too much to do and I'm NOT checking out that tutorial and I have too much to do and I'm NOT checking out that tutotrial
well, maybe later..
Do you have enough of the yellow fabric to do a border? It would really set it off.
I think it's bright and cheery.
Oh I like it!!!
Thanks Pat, you inspired me to look at Rhonda's tutorial again. I had a great idea that I am going to try. This looks like a perfect project for a "Fun and Done" quilt (which I still haven't tried yet) The only thing is that with the fun and done there will be a border thru the center of the diamonds (forming a cross in each diamond) Still I think it will be a great way for me to learn BOTH techniques at one time.
Pat that runner is amazing and those colors zing. I love it.
Wow Pat this is pretty amazing! Very lovely color combination.
Oh, how I love the colors & the print & the design.
Have a beautiful weekend.
TTFN ~ Marydon
What a happy colorful runner!!! You have lots of colors to pick a border from!You know May strawberries will be here sooner then we think!!
Lola
Hi Pat.....the runner looks great...if you do add the diamonds to the ends even if you use a different foundation...that would look really cool....remember to think outside your comfort level....hey, that gives me ideas...using another foundation for the bordered diamonds....LOL
Very pretty... looks like Spring has begun in your sewing room!
A nice little summery project Pat. A fabric that makes the diamonds pop would be good...I'm thinking the darker pink.
Crispy
Lookin' good!! Love the colors, isn't Rhonda just the best!!
How pretty! Thanks for the link to Rhonda blog and tutorial. I have a bunch of coordinating fat quarters that would be perfect for this pattern
it's gorgeous Pat...I love the diamonds.
Julia ♥
This is really pretty and summery. I look out the window and see a world of white, but your little runner brings some sunshine and warmth into my room!
It's going to take me awhile to catch up with you. I think I am going to have to pick one blog at a time to read back on. The runner is lovely.
I love this, it looks like a hard block to follow. I'll have to check out the tut.
I think the colors are great for summer, Pat! I'm going to have to check out Rhonda's tutorial. I hope I can refrain from starting yet another project.......
Very nice! I love the colours you used. Thanks for the link.
Very cute Pat and I think the fabrics are great for summer! Thanks for the link too.
That table runner is very pretty, Pat.
I said your table runner was pretty. Must be it didn't show who I was LOL
Again it didn't show the above. LOL Here goes again.
One more try then I quit.
Wow! That pattern makes a great summer runner Pat! Love it! 8-)
Post a Comment