My good blogging friend,
Sandi, is a real sweetheart. She and I hit it off as soon as we "met" online. She asked me to be a moderator of one of her Yahoo groups (although I feel that I don't really do much to help her.....but she knows I'm there if she needs me and I guess that's what counts). Anyway.....she told me she was going to send some Christmas charm squares. One day, recently, I received a card and package and I opened it to find this:

I was really happy and said to myself, "Wow....Sandi didn't send me charm squares....she sent me YARDAGE of a very nice Christmas fabric!!!" (and one I don't have yet, I might add). So I happily started to open up that piece of fabric, thinking about what I might make with it, and I found this:

YUP...yardage of a SECOND Christmas fabric that was also one I don't have!!! How happy was I? VERY happy, I can assure you. I then unfolded that green fabric and......look at this....

LOTS of charm squares of Christmas fabric and, amazingly, I don't have ANY of those fabrics in my present stash of Christmas fabrics. (Funny how different fabrics can be found in different areas!) You can certainly understand my surprise and happiness with this great package! Thanks, Sandi.....you are a really kind and generous person!
27 comments:
don't we all love fabric.....how nice of Sandi
Wow what a great gift!! Your so lucky!!!
Wow, a mini-stash in the mail. Now that is some good mail!
Surprise fabric packages are the best aren't they??
I love surprises, especially ones that include fabric!
That Sandi is one sweeeettt lady!!
Crispy
And no lime green and pink fabric! They all look like good traditional colors that will always work. What a generous gift.
What wonderful fabric! Sandi is a special person.
Very nice! It's always fun to get a surprise!
WOW Pat these are fabulous. What a great gift, and what a sweet friend :-)
Very clever packaging. It reminds me of the little Matryoshka dolls, one inside another.
Aren't quilting friends the best? Have fun with your new goodies...
Lucky You, such nice fabric
NICE!!!!!
Great fabrics! That's the kind of mail I like!
What a sweet friend to say thank you is such a thoughtful way. Enjoy!
That is one sweet friend! How fun to find all of those beautiful fabrics in one package. I don't think I have even seen those before.
WOW! Now that is a charming charm pack...;-)
What a thoughtful way to say thank you!!
Love Christmas fabbies too.
How fun!!
Lola
So nice of Sandi...love all the fabrics....
I'm a little slow getting moving today what with more snow and cold blowing around outside......but it warmed my heart when I just read your post. You are right that we "hit it off" when we first "met". "Sew happy" to call you FRIEND!!! I am glad you liked the charm squares and fabric. I sent you some extras cause you are such a sweetheart. I have gained lots of readers of my blog because they came over from your blog and Nanette's. :-)
what a great collection of Christmas fabric! I'm sure you will make good use of it & make something very pretty for next Christmas..and it looks like you can make something for a few extra Christmases.
how wonderful
how wonderful
It looks like you're on your way to a Christmas quilt! What a nice surprise from a friend.
Wow. I bet you loved it. I sure would. It is really something how we meet such nice people on the quilting blogs. I feel like I have so many friends and you are among them. Thank you.
Great Christmas fabrics Pat! Very nice! Lucky you! 8-)
Sandi is so sweet! Enjoy all of those lovely Christmas fabrics Pat!
Post a Comment