Saturday, January 16, 2010

Short post.....

Wrist and shoulder still bothering me but JoAnn's suggestions are good ones (in her comment yesterday here)...thanks, JoAnn!

Look at these photos.....fabric that jumped into my arms when going to buy the extra yardage of the dotted fabric I needed for the siggy block quilt. How DOES it happen that fabric just jumps out at us and insists on coming home with us?

These fabrics will be used in a "healthy" food quilt I hope to make...already have lots of other food prints to use in it (modeled after Peggy's "junk food" quilt...but healthy since I need to start eating healthier!!!)I say these fabrics are "just because fabrics" (just because I liked them!)

25 comments:

Margi said...

Love the "just because I liked them"! Krissy always says, what did you have in mind for those, are they going in a quilt, then why did you by them; standard response "just because I liked them and just because I can!" WOOT WOOT!

luv2quilt2 said...

The new fabrics are really pretty. Glad to hear you've had a suggestion for your wrist that's helping. I sleep with a splint every night which eases the pain and numbness.

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty fabric!!
Hope you get some relife from the pain!

LyndaG said...

Pat - every artist needs inspirational tools! Great selection of fabrics - and glad your feeling a bit better.

Carol Anne Strange said...

Hope your wrist and shoulder are better soon, Pat. All good wishes to you. x

Crispy said...

That darn fabric it's always doing that to me too. At least the pretty ones are the ones that jumped into your arms.

Glad you are getting a little relief.

Crispy

Unknown said...

Such a common problem, fabric jumping into our arms. It is like a magnet sometimes.

Jocelyn said...

Oh my goodness Pat, do you have that problem too? Yes they just jump out and before you know it, they are on their way to my house :-)

andsewon said...

Yes ma'am ..just because...;-)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Love them!! Take Care!!

Kathy said...

Glad to see that you are still able to blog! Now, don't over do it.

It's weird about fabric just jumping into one's arms, isn't it? I have the same problem and not only with fabric, but also with books! I try to stay out of dangerous stores.

Gari in AL said...

I love the idea of a "healthy eating" quilt. If I can find the fabrics I might do one also to take to my WW groups. AND, no one has to post everyday on their blog. I try to post twice a week, sometimes even three times but if it is only once I feel I have communicated. i do keep an ongoing "blog" of ideas in Word so I have a jump start on what I want to share. But I know you lead such an exciting life that you have a lot more to share than some of the rest of us. ;-)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Ohhh those fabrics are pretty - always fun to see new fabrics. Enjoy - remember -shoulders down. LOL

Rae Ann said...

I have to tell you Pat! I not only have the problem where the fabric attaches itself to me at the stores, but it happens to me as well when I go online to a fabric site. It takes one look at me and ends up in my mail box. I just have to stay away from those places!
Love your fabric pieces!

Danielle said...

I have the same problem! The fabric follows me home, and stalks me from my laptop, too! Just because IS right!

Rosa said...

Glad you can blog again.Love our fabrics.
Take care!!

Barb said...

I can see why they just jumped in your arms....wonderful fabrics!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I see fabrics and they call my name...."Sandi, you must buy some of me.....please take me home to join your stash family"....hee hee! I am trying hard not to buy any fabric this year, sort of a new year's resolution. I'm managing to restrain myself but going shopping with two friends next Saturday and I think I'll hear "resolution, what resolution to not buy fabric?!!" :-) Love that yellow and pink roses fabric!!!

Rachel said...

Beautiful fabrics! And what do you plan to do with them...?

I must be lacking inspiration lately. I've been to two fabric shops in two days to buy for the green block swap and I couldn't find anything that sang to me. Sigh. It HAS to sing to me in order for me to buy it. I'll try #3 this weekend.

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Healthy food? BAH!!! :)
I love those fabrics....maybe a nice pieced kitchen runner or tablecloth is in your future with them???
I'm sure once you decide what to do you'll post a picture...
Peggy

Pat's Place said...

Please send your physical address. I found something in my cleaning out that I got at the Houston Quilt Show several years ago and will probably not make--thought you might like to have it and will mail it to you.

Sara said...

I have tons of fabric that I bought "just because I liked it" - actually all of my fabric is like that! You are funny!

I like the food fabric except for the peas...i hate peas!

hetty said...

Love your 'just because' fabrics. I think I can understand why fabric just jumps into your arms! It's because you are such a sweet lady and you will make beautiful things with them!

Myra said...

Wonderful fabrics Pat! Love the peppers fabric! 8-)

What pattern is that that Peggy used? Do you know?

Betsy said...

I love the food fabrics Pat!