Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our neighborhood quilt group.....


Yesterday, the Lakeside Ladies (our neighborhood quilting group) met at my house. We didn't do any sewing....just had a show and tell and also planned our next few get-togethers. I had my camera right there and only took one picture......what is up with THAT? It's the picture you see here of Linda (no blog) admiring the signature block swap quilt that Kaye (click here for her blog) is working on right now. There were other things shown by the gals, but I didn't take any other pictures. I need to be a bit more attentive to that, I guess! Next time (2 weeks) we will meet at Sherry's house and they want me to show them how to make that fractured diamond table runner (that I showed here a few posts back).

26 comments:

Betsy said...

Great quilt displayed Pat.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I love the sig block quilt. Who is it for?

Pat

Tangos Treasures said...

The quilt looks great!!
Yes pay attention!! Get more pictures!! tee hee I bet y'all were to busy talking!!

Anonymous said...

Great quilt, Pat... Are y'all drawing names for who gets the quilt?

hetty said...

You must have been having a great time if you forgot to take photos! The signature quilt looks great. It is nice to be able to view it with people in the shot in order to see the size of the blocks. I didn't realize they were so big.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I love the idea of a neighborhood quilt group! I don't know anyone in my neighborhood that quilts. That is something I miss out on with working. I look forward to hearing more about what your group is doing.

Gene Black said...

Yaay. Kaye's quilt is looking good. I finally started on my signature quilt last night.
You are so lucky to have a neighborhood quilt group

Unknown said...

The quilt is looking great!! Don't worry about the camera thing. That happens to me more often than not! Next Time!

Joanne Lendaro said...

DARN!! Love to see the pics! That is a cool signature quilt.

Crispy said...

LOL, I do that all the time when I'm with my sewing group. You just get so caught up in the chatter and laughter LOL.

Crispy

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing that quilters are getting together. :)

Kathleen said...

How wonderful to have quilting neighbors! Kaye's quilt looks like fun and I really like the sashing she chose.

quiltingnana said...

the quilt is looking good

Kaye said...

I didn't even see you with the camera!

Needled Mom said...

When events are at my house I seldom have time to snap photos. We'll just all have to use our imagination.

Nancy said...

I so envy your little neighborhood group.

Jocelyn said...

How fun to have a neighborhood group! It's a lovely quilt.

andsewon said...

I am so jealous of your neighborhood group. I too forget to do pics at gatherings! I make myself mad that way!
Kaye is coming along on her quilt.
I have added borders to my squares but more to do.
Thanks for sharing at least one pic!!;-)
Hugs,
Lola

Barb said...

Yes, what is up with that...got my eyes all geared up to see some wonderful show and tell...and only one...but I did love that one.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Pat, Just sent you a message. Please let me know if you get it. Something is amiss with my e-mail. I've sent you several e-mails lately, but I don't think you are getting them.
I checked out the fractured diamond table runner and, you are right, it would be fun and easy to do. :-) It's going on my list. :-)

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat.....show & tells are great fun.....BTW, your package is on its way!

Cora said...

Get togethers are always so much fun. I do the same thing "forget to take pictures" because I get wrapped up in conversation.

Carol Anne Strange said...

What an inspiring group, Pat. Creativity and friendship - what better? Bright wishes. x

Nanette Merrill said...

Lakeside Ladies is a wonderful name for the group. We are blessed to belong to an online and real life group of women.

Sara said...

That's a cool name for your group!

Unknown said...

I need to join some kind of group so I can meet some real live people!!! melinda