Sunday, January 17, 2010

Just practicing.....


I bet you expected to see me practicing something.....like free-motion quilting or needle turn applique. Well....you're wrong. It's not me. See this towel? It's "practicing" being on my oven handle for when it makes its debut in the fall. Isn't it a GREAT towel? Barb made it for me and sent it in her package with the green/white block swap baggies. Thanks, Barb!! I love it. Now....Miss Towel, much as I love you, it's time to fold yourself back up and get in the drawer.....and you can't come back out yet for awhile!! I want you to be a surprise for my guests when they see you in October!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, and so appropriate especially this year. We seem to have a bumper crop of acorns around our yard.

Tangos Treasures said...

Pretty!!

Jocelyn said...

Love the towel! It's so fun to have decorated towels. It just adds charm to the kitchen.

hetty said...

Very cute little towel!

Jackie's Stitches said...

I DID immediately think you were practicing applique! You know I'm convinced one day you'll like it.

bubbygigi said...

What a nice surprise gift. The colors are so pretty. Gita

Danielle said...

Very pretty!

Myra said...

Your towel practices very well Pat! What a wonderful Fall time towel! A lovely little gift! 8-)

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Good job little towel!! See you in the fall.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Isn't it nice to know you'll have a special towel to get out come fall? and you'll think of Barb each time you see it. I know I do each time I see her blueberry muffin towel that I won. :-)

Joanne Lendaro said...

Got me....like you said, I was expecting more than a towel practicing! lol!! It is a very pretty towel...

Barb said...

Well...you can actually thank Betsy, she is the one that got me hooked on making those towels. Glad you like it!!

Rhonda said...

Great towel....gives me ideas....take care.

quiltingnana said...

great little towel...it will look so good in your kitchen next fall

Rachel said...

Oh it's so pretty! Well done, Barb!

I'd leave it out anyway, because I LOVE Fall.

Betsy said...

Barb did a great job on that Pat.

Pat said...

Yes, that towel is just so cute. Really like it.Enjoy your blog.httP://quiltingcanbefun.blogspot.com