Sometimes you need a quick project...but it has to be something cute.....that gives you instant gratification. Well....my good blogging buddy, Rachel (click
HERE for her blog) showed a tea wallet on her blog recently. I asked her if she could link me to a tutorial and she did. I looked at it last night and....within 45 minutes (including fabric selection time and total cutting and sewing time), I came up with this.

I really like it and will carry it in my purse frequently. It is just the right size for 4 teabags (as you can see below) or, perhaps, 2 teabags and 2 packages of sweetener if you have a special one that you like to use. I think it's really cute...and would make a sweet little gift, too. If you wish to make one,
HERE is the tutorial I used.
30 comments:
I love those!! But I don't drink tea :(
Love those projects! Very pretty...
how cute, I saw this on Rachel's blog. this would work for several things.
Cute idea, would be handy for those times that a restaurant doesn't have my favorite Earl Grey tea.
Crispy
I am such a big tea drinker, this would be perfect for that little stocking stuffer at Christmas time!
Hi Pat, I have a tea wallet that another Pat (ooglebloops) sent to me in a prize package when I won her apple pincushion.
HOWEVER, I can see using this tutorial and adapting it to make the soft case for my iPod that I have been thinking about. I want something with room for the iPod, the sync cable AND earphones. I do think I can adapt this to work.
I have one of these. They are great, especially for someone like me who only drinks herbal teas.
really cute Pat. Thanks for the link.I could use it to hold my quillt shop punch cards.
Sweet Pat! I like instant gratification for sure!
That is adorable!!!!!
The tea wallet I sent Gene is much simpler than this (thanks for the mention :>) ) I will have to check out this tutorial- I will put it on my list!!!
Yours turned out so cute!!!!
What a cute little project. Went to the tutorial & bookmarked it for later reference. Like your choice of teas too :)
Not only is this cute, the fabric is darling. Great job!
Say Pat, I really like that idea of the tea bags. going to have to make myself one for sure. Thanks for the tip, dear. Love your blog.
How cute!! Of course this is another project that I don't need to do and will distract me from working on my paper pieced Civil War Quilt....
You are killing me here....
Very cute...I agree...it is fun to make a little project that goes together quickly.
Quick (and cute!) is not only good, sometimes it's necessary. Very, very nice!
Very cute and nice job!!!
Your little wallet turned out great. I love the fabrics you chose.
See - it was fast AND easy! A perfect in-between project!
Turned out really cute.
Nifty- and I never have anything to carry my tea in, it gets raggedy in my purse.
I saw that on her blog, I am not a tea drinker but those sure are cute....I was trying to think of what I could use it for???
Alright that is too clever....I love hot tea but most places look at me like I'm crazy if I order hot...this is a great solution.....I'll have to make one..........now surely they'll have hot water....LOL
I like the one you made too. Rachel did a good job and so did you.
I enjoy some herbal teas and I think I need to make one of those before I go away on my knitting retreat - so I have something I like to drink...
Say girl. IZt's kinda' hard to get a hold of you lol. Just wanted to let you know that you won a prize on my blog for the Valentine's random drawing giveaway, Sun. 24th. Please give me your home mailing address so I can send you the prize. My e-mail address is: pg57r20@att.net
Congradulations my dear, and good luck in the future drawings. Love your blog.
wow that ism cute and what a great gift it would make...I may have to make one!
Great Tea Wallet Pat! Love the fabrics! 8-)
Very cute Pat! I need to get busy and make one for my Mom!
Genius. What a lovely little gift.
Pat, I love the blocks and the tea bag holder is adorable. I'm a tea drinker but only carry a small pocketbook. It would be great for me though when I take a bag with me. I'm glad that you liked my doll idea. I worked on her outfit some more today.
Post a Comment