Monday, November 23, 2009

Recent mailbox goodies.....

Recently I got two fun things in the mail. One was a giveaway from Rhonda. She does wonderful pieces on her embroidery machine and gives one a month away to her followers. She had said the winner could choose which one they wanted this time......and I was unable to decide, so I told her to surprise me. This is the one she sent. Doesn't she do terrific work? I am thinking about what to make from it....have considered putting it on the front of a tote...using it to make a cover for a throw pillow.....using it as the center for a wall-hanging. I'd welcome other ideas, too. THANKS, Rhonda, for a terrific piece of your embroidery!The other goody that came in the mail was a nice card and note from Sandi. She sent me a card to tell me she was thinking of me after my recent skin cancer surgery on my forehead. She included a nice pattern (as you can see in the photo below). I loved what she said in her note (which you can probably read if you click on it to enlarge it). I guess she was very amused by my recent posts about the bottomless Amish shopping bag and the HUGE head of cabbage I bought in the Amish area of PA. Thanks, Sandi. You are a real sweetheart!

21 comments:

Margi said...

both are awesome Pat, the detail in that embroidery is amazing!

Betsy said...

Pat those are sweet gifts. I do not know if you have an IKEA store nearby but they sell these wooden frames that yoy can cover in fabric and then display. This would look good on it.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Goodies are always fun! I really like the pattern.

Gene Black said...

Pat, another idea for your prize from Rhonda is to simply put it in an embroidery hoop and hang/display it until you decide what you really want to do with it.
Rhonda always does some cool stuff.

I think we were all amused by that shopping bag and the head of cabbage.
I know you will do a muted purse - cause that is more your style. But I love the top one that is bright and a bit wild. (my style - lol)

But then, carrying a purse is definitely NOT my style!

JustCindy said...

Great goodies and a very nice note.

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Pat I am glad you are feeling better soon, what a scare! Hugs, Mary

Anonymous said...

How sweet of your blog friends...see...RAK!!

Anonymous said...

This embroidery is so unique! With some native American heritage, I especially appreciate it. I like Gene's hoop suggestion, perhaps even permanently. The pattern is a cute one, be sure to post the result!

Crispy said...

Wow that embroidery is impressive!! That Sandi, she's such a sweet and thoughtful person.

Crispy

The Other Barb said...

The embroidery work is beautiful!
I have the "Amanda's Purse" pattern and haven't made it yet. Let me know when you do it. the instructions look simple, yet hard in some spots to me.

Needled Mom said...

Wow...that is amazing embroidery work! I'll be excited to see what you do with it.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Such a wonderful embroidery Pat! I can't wait to see what you decide to do with it.

hetty said...

Nice goodies!

Patty said...

Wow that embroidery work is amazing. I think I'd frame it or incorporate into a wall hanging. It will be fun to see what you end up doing with it.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

What a lovely gift. And that bag pattern, perfect name for you - now let's see some bags. :-)

Barb said...

What fun goodies.....and couldn't come to a better person either!!

Marlene said...

What great gifts. An amazing embroidery-do show when you decide what to do with it. Hope your forehead is healing well.

Sara said...

As always, nice gifts from good people...

Myra said...

Awesome mailbox goodies Pat! 8-)

Rachel said...

Wow - I can't believe that embroidery was done on a machine. That's amazing.

Love the purse pattern, too. You should have a lot of fun making that (and finding another huge head of cabbage to fill it - I still get a chuckle out of that).

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Fun to read the comments and see that I wasn't the only one who got a good laugh out of the cabbage story!! :-) And in the "duh" department.........I never made the connection that Sherri's pattern line is "This and That" which, of course, fits you to a "T". That embroidery is amazing. I would add some border fabric to sort of "mat" the piece and then frame it. It's awesome!