Tomorrow is a special day. Tomorrow it will be one year since I began this blog. Tomorrow will also be 400 posts for me on this blog. When I began, I challenged myself to try to blog every day....and I have actually exceeded that goal (because once in awhile, there was more than one post a day). I didn't know if anyone would be interested in what I had to say, but you were....and I thank all of you for sticking with me on this journey so far. My posts were not always about quilting.....but you were supportive of me at all times...sharing in my happy moments and caring about me when I was upset or sick or worried about something. I treasure the friends I have made here. I am not certain I will continue to post EVERY day once I reach my goal tomorrow, but I will post frequently....I am sure of that....because I have enjoyed posting and reading all of your blogs, too.
For the past two weeks, I have been keeping very close tabs on the comments on my blog.....and each of you who have commented have been given entries in my anniversary giveaway. (The more you commented, the more entries you got.) I will explain it all in greater detail tomorrow and reveal the prize and the winner before the weekend is over.
For now, I leave you with this photo of a very primitive-looking, folksy turkey wall-hanging using homespun fabric for the background (so it would look rustic). I am not sure if I showed this last year.....but if I did, I'm hoping anyone who remembers won't mind seeing it again. It's not a fancy, complicated piece, but I like the way it looks hanging in my kitchen at this time of year.
39 comments:
Pat the prmitive turkey is adorable.
Love the turkey! Congrats on 400 posts and your on year blog anniversary! :0)
I love the turkey. So many people forget Thanksgiving, but we pay special attention to it in our house. Congratulations on the 400 posts. Your blog is one of my favorites. And support goes two ways, you give a lot.
Cute turkey!!
Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations on 400 posts!
And Congratulations on meeting & exceding your goal!
Love the little turkey wall hanging, I've always loved the look of homespuns.
Congrats on the first year of 400 postings, I'm impressed!!
Crispy
I don't usually decorate for one-day holidays like Halloween, St. Patrick's Day, etc., but we've started a new alternate-year tradition for Thanksgiving dinner with my son's family. Our home is my first year hosting turkey day, and I surely could use something like this in my kitchen! I'll have to get more serious about one-day holidays.
Congratulations to you, Pat -- my hometown growing-up years buddy!
I'll miss you if you don't post everyday! LOL I always read and at times have left comments....I think we both know how we feel about giveaways and those who visit. I like the way your doing this one and just hope I'm so lucky as to be your winner. :-) Enjoy your weekend ahead! We've got a busy one...what else is new this time of year right?
Pat, you have become a real part of my life. I am so thankful for distant friends that I have gained because of the internet. Yes, I love reading what you say each day.
I think the simple way you have that turkey hanging is terrific. What are the silver hanger thingys?
I forgot to say "Wow, has it only been a single year?"
Congratulations on your anniversary and posting 400 blocks my friend! Also know how much I appreciate your helping me get started on the blogs, as I wouldn't have met all these wonderful people. You all have become a daily part of my life.
Congratulations on your 1 yr blogiversary! I love the turkey wall hanging. Did you use pinking shears on the edge? I like that look. That turkey looks like it was a lot of work.
Holy Blogger! 400 posts...dang girl friend I would have thought you had been blogging for the longest time. Congrats and thank you for being my friend!
Turkey looks good enough to eat. teehee
Pat
Pat I am a primitive junkie so it looks wonderful to me...thanks for sharing.
Sharon G
Pat I am a primitive junkie so it looks wonderful to me...thanks for sharing.
Sharon G
Congratulations, Pat. I hope you continue to post everyday. I look forward to reading it.
Happy Anniversary~~
Cute turkey wall hanging. I don't do any decorating for Thanksgiving other than setting the table..LOL
Congrats on your year Pat! I love visiting your blog :) it makes me happy to see your work!!!
P.S. I hope everything is back to normal now :)
Congrats on your blogging that is quite a milestone!
Pat, I can't believe it's only been a year! You feel like an old, dear friend to me. My blog is also my personal journal, since my life is a bit full and unusual with my crazy lifestyle. Don't feel you have to blog about quilts. Take a picture of your breakfast and sit down to write to your friends. I'll miss you if you aren't here every day.
Very cute turkey! It's nice to have a fall hanging like that for this time of the year.
400 posts is amazing for one year. Congratulations.
Don't you just love displaying our favorite items for the different Holidays of the year? I have a few that are many years old, and don't care.....I love 'em!
I think Tom looks pretty proud there!
Congratulations Pat, both on blogging for a year and on reaching post 400! Hope you will continue to blog as often as possible because I love reading your posts!
Oops! I forgot to say the your turkey wall hanging looks very cute!
That is a great looking Turkey...Congrats on the year and 400 posts.. May you have many more years and many more posts.
That is such an amazing accomplishment. I wish I could get myself into blogging as much. but it seems I get lost in peoples like yours and almost forget mine.
Thanks for the past year and all the cute and creative projects you have showed..
The turkey is adorable!
The turkey is great - I don't have many Thanksgiving decorations. I should make something, maybe next year.
Congratulations on 400 posts - all in a year. It took me more than 2 years to post that much.
I enjoy reading your blog and keeping up with what you are doing.
What a great turkey. I had a turkey block that I could (should) have made into a hanging but I appliqued it to a tote for groceries. I love it and get lots of comments on it - so it is being seen.
OH - forgot - I was going to say - it is unbelievable that you have posted every day. I'm lucky if I post every week.
Pat, I love reading and following your blog each day. I am so impressed that you have 400 post in a year. Congtratulaions! Your blog is definitely one of my favorites! The turkey wall hanging is so adorable!
I don't remember seeing that adorable turkey before - it is really cute...
Has it been a year already! Darn time flies when you are having fun.
I always challenge myself to post everyday - but somedays it is just too much...But, each year I start that way.
I love your turkey...and Congrats on all your post for the year!!! That is a wonderful accomplishment.
What a very cute turkey! And congrats on your one year and 400 posts!! You did good, girl!
Cute turkey!!
Happy Anniversary Pat..
and Congratulations on 400 posts!
Look forward to the next year of your lovely posts...
Julia ♥
Well done Pat on achieving your goals. I know how hard it is when you start a Blog, you think you are talking to yourself all the time...Well I did, probably still am.
Good Blog anyway me dear, look forward to another year and another 400+ from you.
I am not expecting to be put into your draw as I am not a regular contributor, but good luck to all the others who are.
Jan
That's a darling wall hanging for this time of year. congrats on your reaching 400 plus! Lots of time and work involved.
I love the turkey in your wallhanging. It's pretty good looking compared to the dark colored wild turkeys in the woods behind our house. I have always been amazed that you blog every day but find it inspiring!!! You always have so many projects and things to share. Love it! And I am so glad to call you friend. Now, thanks to you, I was the winner of the blueberry muffin towel and potholder on Barb's blog! I can't believe I won. I love real blueberry muffins so will treasure her gift. Keep up the great blogging, Pat!!
Blogging is lots of fun Pat and I agree with you about coming to think of the people one blogs with as friends. I feel like I have made friends across the globe who share a passion for this thing called quilting. Congratulations on reaching 400 posts- that is a real accomplishment. Perhaps some day I will get to that number but not for a long while.
The turkey is a handsome fellow- You must be looking forward to Thanksgiving- We have had our Thanksgiving here in Canada. Hope you have a fabulous Thanksgiving and enjoy some good family times.
Warmest regards,
Anna
I can tell you are someone who sticks to their commitments Pat.
Very cute turkey too!.
Congrats on your year of blogging Pat!!! 400 in one year!?! Wow!!!
Love your turkey wall-hanging! 8-)
Post a Comment