Today let us pause to give thanks for all who have served in the past and are serving now.....some of whom have sacrificed life and limb that we might be free. I hope all military people (past and present) know that we appreciate what they have done for us.Now for the happy news.........I am very pleased to tell you that the baby for whom we had been praying (who had serious trouble at her birth on Oct. 24) has made a miraculous turnaround. She quickly made enough progress to get out of the NICU....and then made even further quick progress and was able to go HOME on Monday!!! I am so thankful for that....and I appreciate those of you who joined me in praying for her and her family.
Okay....we move now from the serious to the more frivolous........here is a picture of a set of 8 fat quarters I got for a very good price...and they are very good-quality fabrics with a wonderful feel to them. I don't have any definite project in mind for them, but I loved how they looked together, so I got them. (I think you can get a better idea of how pretty they are if you click on the photo to enlarge it.) Yes...another purchase to carry in that bottomless Amish tote bag!!! LOL
20 comments:
Pat, that is wonderful news about the baby. Those are beautiful fat qtrs.
Good news..this morning...good start to the day!
Great news on an important day! Have fun deciding what to do with those lovely fat quarters. :)
Oh what wonderful news to start the day with!! I'm so happy for the baby and the family!!
Those fabrics are just beautiful!!
Crispy
Pat wonderful news to hear about the baby. Love the fat quarters. Thank you for the post about Veterans day.
Pat, I have a few military family members and also some friends. I appreciate your tribute.
Great news on baby girl.
I love the FQs those blue and "blue and yellow" ones make me want to do a blue and yellow quilt.
The miracle of life, Pat! So happy to hear the good news on the baby. Wishing you peace, love, and joy on this special day. x
Tahnking God for the great news about the baby. He is wonderous!
I love the fabrics together. That will make a gorgoeus project.
Yes, I thank our Veterans both past & present for keeping us free and our country safe.
Love your new fabrics!
We are celebrating Remembrance Day here in Canada to remember the veterans, both past and present, for our freedom. I am so pleased to hear the good news about the baby. And your fabrics look delicious! Gotta love that bottomless bag!
how big was this Amish tote that you stuffed all these goodies in? LOL
glad to hear the baby is doing better.
I am so glad for your good news!! As for the fabrics, mine have to age a little while to be usable. You know? These fabrics are gorgeous, so maybe they don't have to age! Happy Veteran's Day!!
That is good news.....
How big was this tote? You seem to be pulling out endless items...
Thank you very much - I am a Veteran...Served in the US Women's Army Corp (before they changed it just to the Army!)
Such wonderful news about the baby!!! There are miracles...
love the fabric...
So glad to hear the news that the baby is doing well.
Lovely fabrics...you really did some shopping.
Thanks for the special tribute to remind us of the reason we enjoy our great freedom.
So happy to her the good news about the baby!
Love the fabrics Pat!
Oh Praise to the Lord for keeping the baby safe in his arms! I got the goosebumps reading they came home!
Beautiful fabrics, I know you will put them to good use!
Love ya Tango
PS thanks for the mental hug this morning!
Very pretty, Pat. Those were basically my wedding colors!! Love them all. :-)
That shopping bag is never ending...
I need one of those..
I just can't believe how much fabric you got. I think it's more than I own all together. LUCKY YOU, can't wait to see what you do with it all. I love this set of fatquarters.
Post a Comment