Monday, November 16, 2009

Fun and games at our retreat......

By now you know we did a LOT of shoppping....and not so much sewing. We did play Mexican train dominoes and also that game where you "steal" the gift. We learned to cut out some really pretty paper snowflakes (without them falling apart)....even how to make them be in shapes of snowmen, reindeer, trees, etc. We were giggly and silly, had some wine, and acted much like I guess we did in our younger days of teen-age slumber parties. Below is an assortment of photos of our fun times there.....hope you have fun looking at them! (Click to see them in more detail.)

What do you mean this milkshake isn't part of my diet??? The doctor said "get more calcium".Now, listen....MOST of this chocolate is for gifts.....yup...it really is!!!Mexican Train Dominoes....I won!!!What kind of snowflake is THAT?Kaye was brave and tried some of what Sherry was drinking, but can you tell she didn't like it? (Be sure you click on this one...Kaye's expression is priceless!)Now...these two hadn't even been drinking yet.......just wanted to take a funny photo to show their pals back at work.Sherry's "Madonna" bra.....Queen Sherry.....wearing her paper snowflake crown on her head.....Can you tell there were times we laughed until tears ran down our faces??? Actually, as a group, we do make some very nice quilted items and I'll show some photos of our things at a later date.....so you don't think we are ALL fun and games!!! LOL Gotta love our Lakeside Ladies!!!

27 comments:

Michelle said...

I have been enjoying the photos of your retreat. I told my quilting girls about your retreat just this weekend.

Have a great week!
Michelle

Betsy said...

definetly a lot of fun going on there.

Crispy said...

Oh Pat, you had me laughing out loud this morning. I love the pictures of you crazy ladies!!!

Crispy

Tangos Treasures said...

tee hee Love it!!

Gene Black said...

I Hope I am on Kaye's Christmas list. I love chocolate! hehehee

Was Sherry drinking Jagermeister? No wonder Kaye had that expression!

Love the "Madonna" photo! LOL. Thanks for a fun post.

Kaye said...

Thanks for showing my "Johanna" face

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Looks like fun was had by all..and I love that madonna bra. She is a scream.

Pat

Nancy said...

Oh, your retreat looks like so much fun....can I come next year???

JustCindy said...

What fun! No wonder ya'll didn't have time to sew, you were too busy laughing.

Anonymous said...

Words fail -- just LOL!!!!!

luv2quilt2 said...

What a fun way to have a retreat!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I could go for one of those "diet" milkshakes! And I'm with Gene, Kaye must be trying Jaegermeister! What a hoot. Madonna bra. You are lucky to have such a wonderful group.

Needled Mom said...

It does look like you all enjoyed yourselves....how much fun was that?????????

hetty said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I couldn't help smiling at your photos. I love getting together with my girl (women) friends and laughing until we are rolling on the ground. It does feel like a good old-fashioned PJ party. Times like that add years to your life.

Sherry said...

Hi I have been reading about your retreat and I only wish I had a froup of friends that would do something like that. My friends do no crafting so when we go away its nothing like your group. One day now that I'm quilting and meeting new people maybe I can hook up with a group like yours. Thanks for sharing

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

You all must have had a really grand time! The photos just make me laugh and I wasn't even there! Yep, I don't think Kaye liked that drink. :-)

Nancy said...

Oh my!! I wish I could have been there... you all look like my kind of group..... not afraid to let yourself have fun!!!

Glad you had a good time!

Nancy

Barb said...

I couldn't help but smile through your whole post.....lots of fun....

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

All fun and games and no sewing is okay at a retreat too!! Just do what you want to do!

Sara said...

Looks like there was a good time had by all...

Rita said...

Pat, I recognize several of the sites you've shown, as I only live about an hour and a half from Lancaster. What a great idea to rent a house! Our guild has a retreat in Lancaster every March, and we tend to shop more than sew, too!

Julia said...

What fun Pat, I really enjoyed this post!
That milkshake looks so good!!
Julia ♥

quiltmom anna said...

What fun you all had- isn't having quilty friends the absolute best- Friends who love to explore and create with fabric are soul sisters- better yet , they are usually the people we love to laugh and cry with and the ones we count on when we need support. We also provide those same friends with support and friendship when they need us.
Your pictures say it all..
Be well,
Regards,
Anna

quiltmom anna said...

Pat,
I meant to add that I love Mexican dominoes- we use to play them regularly. I learned from a friend who learned from her aunties. It is lots of fun.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Myra said...

LOL! Looks like that was a great evening!!! Jagermeister too yet! How were your heads feeling in the morning? LOL! Good times! 8-)

Dianne said...

I go with "calcium" milkshake. I can empathise with the chocolate lover who got the goodies for Christmas, honest. I love the pictures of the retreat. Can I come in someone's pocket nextime? I'll quietly munch on chocolate.

Mary said...

golly, that looks like it was fun. You girls know how to party.

I now have PA children and cannot wait to travel across the state from them to Lancaster. She has a new sister in law there, so we might have to go visit.

LOL