
Barb at Pinelands Patches is having an anniversary giveaway. Go check it out!!!
Now......do you want to see some of the items that were in my new Amish tote bag (from 3 1/2 days of solid shopping)??? If you didn't yet see my new Amish tote bag, check the posting I did last night when I got back from the retreat.
First, is some fabric to be used to make more blocks for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt. Up to this point, I'd been working with scraps from my stash, but I was starting to "need" some more fabrics for the blocks. SO....I think these 28 fabrics will do nicely...don't you agree? LOL Listen......when fabric shops in our area charge an average of $8 - $10 a yard and I was able to get fabric for $4 - $6 a yard on the retreat, I think it was a no-brainer to stock up on it!!! (People who live in that area are very lucky to have so many shops with such a great variety and such wonderful prices.....I envy them!!!)
15 comments:
Beautiful fabrics and fantastic prices.
wow Pat, that is definetly a deal. congrats.
Great bunch of fabrics you got there to add to your stash. I do love a bargain!
It is always fun to fondle new fabrics...lol...very pretty.
It sounds like you had fun, Pat. There is nothing better than a good "deal" on fabric. We have an Indian reservation that also has their fabrics really cheap. I guess it is something about the taxes.
I can't wait to see and hear more.
Wow, $4-6/per yard is great! Now I really want to go out there. From South Jersey it is extremely do-able! These are lovely fabrics, and you are right that 28 of them will do nicely. ;)
PS: Thanks for mentioning my giveaway -- another chance for you!
28 fabrics! I get all tingly thinking about what fun that must have been!
Oh yes those fabrics will be just lovely in you SBS quilt. We all understand the "need" LOL.
Crispy
Great deal! Beautiful fabrics, and I love the tote bag, too! Glad you had fun...
Great additions to your stash! If you shop at a quilt store here, you'll pay about $20 a metre for good fabric. At the general fabric stores, the price is about $10-$15 a metre (less if you have a 'membership' at the store). Quilting is expensive!!!
Good for you. Glad you had such a great time!
Great fabric selections, Pat. And the fun thing is that we'll get to see them twice.....today and then when they show up in your Sylvia's Bridal Blocks! It was in the mid 60's here today!! What a treat!
Love the fabric!! Makes my fingers itch to feel of it!
holy cow, now that's a stash of fabric
Pretty fabric Pat....
Sharon G
Post a Comment