Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Anniversary to my blog!!!

It's here...the one-year mark for my blog. I thank all of you who made such very nice comments to me yesterday about this. It is hard for me to imagine my life without so many of you in it.......blogging has given me so many new friends and that, to me, has been the best part of my blogging experience. There were times I was sad, and you lifted me up with your prayers and your comments and emails. There were times when I was happy and you shared in my joy. Through you, I was once again reminded of the old proverb that says: "Shared joy is a double joy; and shared sorrow is half a sorrow." I have non-blogging friends who don't understand how this is possible....that people you haven't met in person can become so close to your heart. BUT.....I can't fault them, because if someone had told me (one year and one day ago) that I would gain several very close friends just because of my blog, I'd not have thought that to be possible, either. It has happened, though, and I am grateful for all of you who have reached out to me...some from nearby who I will, hopefully, be able to meet...and some from across many miles, with whom I will, regrettably, probably never have direct contact. Blogging has made the very large world of quilters and crafters become a smaller world to me.....a tight-knit community, and I look forward to many more shared experiences with you, my friends.At the end of today, I will be tallying up the entries for my annniversary giveaway. Those of you who have gotten to know me quite well know that I had a bad experience early in my blogging days of giving away two prizes to people who only surfed around looking for giveaways. One never let me know if the prize arrived to her....and neither of them has ever visited my blog again. (And I can assure you it is NOT because I gave them lousy prizes.....they were really NICE prizes!!!) Since that time, I have had my giveaways just for people who visit my blog on their own...without being sent here to enter a giveaway. This giveaway is the same.....and I am going to give entries as follows: I am counting back since Nov. 7....2 weeks prior to this anniversary date. I have logged all the comments. For those who commented once, you will get 1 entry. Those who commented between 2 and 5 times, will get double that, which means they will each get 2 entries. Keeping up with that doubling policy, folks who commented between 6 and 10 times, will get 4 entries. And those who commented more than 11 times (and there were several, I'm happy to say), will get 8 entries. If there are any who commented EVERY day in that time period, I will send you a small token in the mail as a thank-you for being "here" with me so very often. Tomorrow I will announce the winner of the drawing...and the prize, too. Again...thanks from the bottom of my heart for all you have done for me....and all you have been to me over the past 365 days. Here's to Year # 2........and lots more shared projects and fun!!!

43 comments:

Doug said...

Hi Pat. I see you had 38 comments on Friday. Wow! I envy you!!! The most I had was 13 and at least 2 or 3 of those were me replying.
Take care over there and have a good Thanksgiving and of course, congratulations on your first anniversary. Keep it up!

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippiee!!!HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Margi said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I love the way you are doing your give away! Too kewl and makes total sense. Until I found Google Reader I had a heck of a time keeping up with all the blogs I love to follow, now I get my daily dose right off the bat cuz Reader tells me there have been updates! WOO HOO! Hope you have a great bloggy day!

hetty said...

I read your post with interest this morning because I too understand the bond between bloggers. I would never have believed it could happen either. It is such a nice feeling when you receive a caring comment from a like-minded blogging friend. I think the way that you are doing your giveaway is perfect! Here's to many more great years of posting and reading and staying in touch!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Happy Blogiversary sweet Pat!

Blogland has surprised me from day one. I never expected to form bonds of friendship with other bloggers. It's been the biggest gift!

Gene Black said...

Pat, I am so Happy to have become your Friend with this blog thing.

A year of blogging now has past,
Twas just the first it went so fast.
Wonderful friends that you have made,
remembered as year one to rest is laid.
Another year starts and we will be here,
To share your joy and bring you cheer.

Here's to many more years of friendship!

And don't be so sure that we won't meet in person one day!

Tudy said...

I have not had time to do much commenting lately but I do read all your posts on my google reader.
I do not remember if I commented lately or not. But I would love to have 1 entry in your giveaway.

Michelle said...

I can't believe it's been a year already! Happy Blogoversary!! :)

luv2quilt2 said...

Happy aniversary!! Tonya originally sent me to your blog so that you would have a visitor from my state. Fortunately by that time I knew how to become a follower and I've been able to enjoy your blog since then. Happy blogiversary to one of my new friends.

Betsy said...

congratulations Pat. YOu are my 1st read every morning

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on the anniversary of your blog. It is especially great to read how special this blog is to you! I can tell just by reading it.

Sherry said...

I think you have a great idea.

LyndaG said...

Pat - congratulations on your blog-aversary!!! I am still in Lancaster and finally visited one fabric store -- will have to post about it when I get home.

Anonymous said...

I may have to "steal" what you wrote the next time I have a giveaway! Couldn't have said it better myself.
If there has always been one thing to count on each morning...is your new post of the day. Glad we've met through blogging!!

Carol Anne Strange said...

Happy blog anniversary, Pat! Sending you best wishes from the UK. xx

Crispy said...

Happy Blog Aniversary!!!! I am so very happy that I found you through Barb's blog. There aren't any better people in cyberland than Quilting Bloggers and you my friend are one of my favorites :0)

Crispy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Being your blogging friend is gift enough my dear. Happy Anniversary.
Pat

Anonymous said...

Awwww...misty eyes here!

The Other Barb said...

Very nice sentiments on your Blogging anniversary Pat.Happy Anniversary from one me to you.
p.s. love your heart block :)

Gari in AL said...

I want you to know that I got up especially early this morning just to wish you a happy anniversary. I can't imagine posting daily, or more, but you are very interesting and have such adventures as well as great quilting. Keep it up, you have become a part of my daily life.

Needled Mom said...

Congratulations, Pat. Blog anniversaries are less painful then birthdays!!!!! You are right, though, in how much fun it is to meet all these wonderful and creative souls. Blog friends inspire me beyond words and are always there to hold you up.

Kaye said...

You are one special Lady and special friend to a lot of people. Don't enter me. as I have won a lot, let others have a chance. I vote for every day too!

Nancy said...

I LOVE my internet friends... I am so glad to have found your blog...

Happy Blog-aversary....

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Happy, Happy, Happy to you and me!!
My non blogger friends laugh at me when I talk about my blogging experiences. They just don't know, do they? We are a lucky bunch. I'd like to copy your giveaway method.

Rita said...

Congratulations Pat! Happy Blog Anniversary!

ooglebloops said...

Happy blogiversary to you AND your blog!!! LOL This is a great way to do a giveaway!!!! I love all the friends I have made thru blogging - I would have never thought it either, until I stuck my toe, so to speak, into the waters of cyberspace!!!! Makes it a much smaller world...........

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hooray for Pat! Happy Anniversary! I'm looking forward to reading the next 365 days of posts too :^)

Myra said...

Party!!! Party!!!! Happy anniversary Pat! 8-)
I look forward to our continued exchanges...
God bless!

Rae Ann said...

Happy blog-iversary, Pat! I think you already know that you are one of my favorite blog-friends. I love reading your post each day, and feel a special connection with you because you open your heart up to us, your readers. By doing that, I believe, hearts knit together and friendships are born! What a great milestone!

Paula in OH said...

Happy Anniverssry Pat! You are tops on my list of reads. I have been a follower ever since I entered an earlier giveaway you had, it was the 1st giveaway i had ever tried & I won a lovely prize! Thanks so much for sharing your life with us.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Congratulations, Pat!! I agree wholeheartedly with what you wrote! I can hardly believe how something so simple as blogging has enriched my life. I read in Newsweek sometime ago that some therapists recommended blogging to help patients. I agree with that. I am soooooo glad that I finally took the leap and have enjoyed so making so many new friends and learning so much. If I had some champagne handy, I would offer up a toast! Here's to Year #2 and many more!

arlette said...

Congratulations and happy 2th anniversary!!!, I haven't met you from the beggining, I'm a newbie, but I like to read your posts, I'm not always comment, it isn't fair for me, jk!, it's a good idea, you see who you can count, you have a friend on me across the distance! -hugs- and happy a nice weekend!

Barb said...

Happy Bloggaversary.....!!!

You are an awesome friend...even tho we never met.

Joyful Quilter said...

Happy Blog Anniversary! I'm a newbee to your blog but have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sara said...

Pat, you know I am most thankful for your friendship! We share so many things in common!!!

antique quilter said...

happy blog anny
and I have to say
good for you! I hate opening up a blog just for that to say theres a giveaway at so and so's blog go check it out
waste of my time in mho
Kathie

Marlene said...

Happy Anniversary from Down Under. I agree the blogging world is an amazing place and even though you have not met your blogging friends it feels like you are as close as those you see in the flesh.
I think the way you are doing your giveaway is great.
Look forward to the next year and getting to know you better.

Julie said...

Happy anniversary. I agree with all of that post, I think I could have written it myself. I was sceptical about things too before I started.

quiltmom anna said...

Happy anniversary Pat,
It really is an amazing accomplishment to post faithfully every day and more- Wow- I love that you share your life and your love of quilting.
May you enjoy many more years of happy blogging.
Warmest regards,
Anna

andsewon said...

Hey gal pal...had to come on and wish you a Happy Bloggy Anniversary!!!
I look forward to another year of Fun Pat Posts!!!
Hugs,
Lola

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - congrats on the anniversary. You are very sweet to do this give-away - the winners will be very lucky. I'm going to bake a pumpkin pie in honor of your anniversary -want to come over for a piece? :-)

sewfunquilts said...

Congrats! on you 1st yr. anniversary. This is such a clever idea of yours for celebration. Good Idea and thanks for being part of my blogging life too!

Mandy said...

Yay! Congrats on the big #1!!!!!

Here's to another great year!