Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Whew...saved by my friend, Kathy.....
Remember yesterday I mentioned the fish quilt Sherry showed us on retreat that she made for her nephew's soon-to-be-born baby daughter? (And I'd not gotten a photo of it??) Well......I now have Kathy's photo of it to show you. (Thanks, Kathy.) I love how it looks like sand at the bottom of the ocean...and them various colors of greens and blues for the vegetation and water.....and that one fish who is swimming toward the surface is cute! When Sherry made this, she didn't know if the baby was going to be a boy or girl, but the mom and dad both love to fish (and do so often), so this is a perfect quilt for the new little gal.
And this is one of Kaye's blocks she showed us. She is doing a butterfly quilt....done as a BOM at one of our local quilt shops. Isn't this pretty? The quilt will be very eye-catching when it is completed.
And....I will leave you with one last photo of the retreat. It is a very silly photo...taken of me. My "friends" decided to dress me up and give me a BIG wine bottle to hold....and this is the result! (My daughter wanted a picture to prove to her I had fun there.....and my "friends" figured this would do it!!!) I think, now, I am done overwhelming you with retreat photos!!! (Warning: Do NOT tell me I saved the best photo for last!!!!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
27 comments:
great quilts. you did good taking those pictures after having all that wine. I only wish I could stand that long. :)
How did I miss that one?
Love the fish quilt! Bright, happy, and not one you see everywhere.
Sure you just didn't crawl out of bed after a fun night looking like that?!
love the fish quilt, ditto to what someone else said, I wish I could still stand after drinking all that wine. no wonder you guys walked, there's no way you were going to drive. haha
Okay, I won't tell you -cause you know it already.
I have loved seeing all these pictures. You obviously had a good time. I wish I were as good a photojournalist as you are.
I hope Kaye shows the butterfly quilt when it is finished.
Such a lush!! LOL
I'm glad you snagged the fish quilt photo too...it is wonderful.
Tee hee your funny!!
Love the fish quilt!! Glad you got to snag it!
Yes the butterfly quilt is going to be awesome!
What a cute baby quilt! My goodness I would love to be doing the butterfly BOM with Kaye. Does she have a blog? Pat, that is a big bottle you have. ;)
Adorable fish quilt, and the butterfly block is lovely!
Second comment about the last photo since it doesn't fit with the first two -- LOL!!!!!!!!!!
The fish quilt is really special. Any baby (and parents) would love it!
The butterfly quilt will be spectacular when it is finished. I hope we'll get to see a photo of it.
About your photo: Was it taken before or after you finished the bottle of wine? LOL
Love the fish quilt & Kaye's block too.
Beautiful little quilt. Love your silly picture. They're always part of a good time.
me thinks there is an empty wine bottle somewhere?? LOL
Funny photo....
The fish quilt is lovely! Glad you were able to get a photo of it. The butterfly block is amazing - so colourful! That will make a great quilt. Does your friend have a blog? Or perhaps you could take a finished shot and show it on your blog. Okay... I won't say it, but it is a very funny photo and it is last....
Great fish quilt! The butterfly BOM is lovely too.
It does look as though you guys had fun there.
Now that looks like you had fun - just love the "hair". The quilts are great too!!!
Love the fish quilt....
Funny picture of you....
The fish quilt is lovely. And, the butterfly quilt will be beautiful when it is finished.
I think that photo of you is funny!
AND a fun time was had by all!
Thanks for sharing with us.
I love that fish quilt! So creative and cute.
And are you quite sure you didn't get the bottle of wine BEFORE they dressed you up...? That bottle looks to be empty. haha
What fun you had Pat- we all need to let loose and have fun together- I love the fish quilt and agree that the butterfly quilt will be a stunner.
Thanks for sharing.
Warmest regards,
Anna
Did they have to prop you up to take that picture? I'm definitely inviting you to my next party...
OH, that picture of you is too cute. I'm so glad you shared it! Kaye's butterfly block is really cool!
Oh Pat, you had to know what they would do to you ROFL!! Thanks for the morning belly laugh.
Crispy
the question is "is the wine bottle empty?" what a great picture and I love the quilt and the butterfly block too....someday I am going to go to a retreat!!!!!!
Wonderful fishy quilt and butterfly block!!! You've got some wonderful stitchers there! 8-)
Girls away from home will be silly! You know that photo can be used against you sometime hey? lol!
Great you had a good time! 8-)
Post a Comment