Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A variety of photos from the retreat....

Yup....I'm still showing retreat photos.......a variety of them today (they might enlarge by clicking on them if you wish to seem them in greater detail...here's a pretty display outside an Amish furniture store....
And one outside a quilt shop.....there were beautiful displays like this in many places.Kathy's Sunbonnet Sue she showed us....made all from scraps. Sherry showed an adorable fish quilt for her nephew's expected baby girl....but I somehow didn't get a photo of that....DARN!Three girls who did NOT go into the Bird-in-Hand Bakery shop....and two girls who DID....And how could quilters not be charmed by seeing these on clotheslines????The man who was buying these has about 20 quilts already in his collection. He doesn't make quilts...he just collects them!This was made by a mother and daughter team of quilters in the area.....stunning!And this was lovely (hanging outside a quilt shop)....the quilting on it was exquisite but it probably won't show up well in this photo....but notice that tree in the background on the left...It really caught our attention.......And so did this steeple....on a church in Lititz across from the Sturgis Pretzel Factory...I would be happy to visit this area just for a picture-taking trip......there were good photo opportunities everywhere I looked, but I only got a few of them this trip.

24 comments:

Betsy said...

Those were great pic Pat

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow pretty pictures!!

hetty said...

Lovely photos! I was able to enlarge the hanging quilt and see the quilting on it, Absolutely stunning!

Gene Black said...

Oh my, those are some lovely pictures. The quilt hanging outside has wonderful quilting on it. Did you find out if it was done by machine or by hand?

Kaye said...

Great pictures Pat, takes me back LOL, I am already waiting for the next one!!

JustCindy said...

I love the pictures! I feel like I got to go on retreat with all of you.

Crispy said...

Wonderful pictures Pat. I would have been with the two that did LOL.

Crispy

Anonymous said...

Lovely pictures of everything, and I can see why that tree caught your attention. It's an artistic sculpture of nature and very interesting. Have to say, though, it looks pretty dead. It also looks very close to the house. Uh oh...

quiltingnana said...

thanks Pat ..you are a great photographer

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful pictures, Pat.

andsewon said...

Oh my Pat! Love these pics too! All the quilts ...like a show!
Yes another trip just for the photo ops!
I have loved every post about your trip and no where near tired of them.
You all had a blast and I am just so jealous I was not there too...;-)
Lola

Unknown said...

great pictures, would love to visit this area

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great photos Pat!

Amy R said...

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us. BTW, how are you feeling? How is your incision healing?

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great photos - I especially liked the SunBonnet Sue - and the bare tree. Thanks for sharing.

Rae Ann said...

Thanks for taking us along on your retreat through your photos. I love the shop you were in with the quilt made by the mother/daughter team. The Sunbonnet Sue quilt of Kathy's is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

What does the man do with the quilts in buys? I've been enjoying your photos.

Myra said...

Great photos Pat! Awesome quilts/quilting!!! What a great weekend it was for you all! 8-)

Barb said...

All those quilts are amazing...thanks for showing them. You all had a wonerful time.....like you said,,,,just like school girls.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Awesome pictures, Pat. That tree is so unique!! I could see the quilting detail on that quilt and it's beautiful! You are right as this would make a great picture-taking trip!

Sara said...

Beautiful photos...I really enjoy seeing places I haven't been to.

Nanette Merrill said...

Love the sunbonnet sue.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

These photos you took are simply wonderful. THAT tree is amazing! What a great trip.

Pat

Jocelyn said...

Lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing them.