Saturday, November 14, 2009

The retreat....a LITTLE BIT of sewing......

While on our retreat last week, we mostly shopped (as you have seen from my previous posts). BUT....we did do one tiny sewing project together... a cute drawstring bag like the one I received from my blogging friend, Cora. We did it sort of assembly-line fashion....some doing the measuring and cutting....some doing the ironing...one doing the sewing, etc. Below are a few photos of that, followed by a project I did finish while there. Hard at work here.....Guess this was "break time"......left to right we have: Linda, Kaye, Kathy, Sherry and Prue. (Kaye and Kathy are the only two of them who have blogs.)The finished bags but without their drawstrings in them (because we didn't HAVE drawstrings for them yet). These are easy and quick to make and would make great gift bags!And this is what I finished while there. I had it all put together except for the hand-quilting andI did the hand-quilting while we were on retreat. Nobody else finished anything but Kathy did do some hand stitching on a wall-hanging that she finished when she got home. I know...I know...not much sewing, but we expected this would be more of a shopping retreat than a sewing one. Next year we will do more sewing. Still to come...some posts that show some of the laughs we had..........AND....I must close this post by saying thanks to all who were concerned about my skin cancer surgery yesterday. It went fairly well...except two cuttings were needed as the first one didn't get it all, so that was a bit stressful for me (as I wanted it over with more quickly than that). There was still some bleeding when I did the dressing change last night but I hope that has resolved when I change it today. The discomfort is minimal....just feels like a bad bruise that someone is pressing on....so that is tolerable. Hopefully, it heals with no complications and the stitches can come out, as planned, next Friday. I appreciate all your good wishes and kind thoughts for "nervous Nellie" me!!!

26 comments:

Crispy said...

I'm glad things when well with your surgery and I hope you heal up quickly.

Love your little apple wallhanging!!

Crispy

ooglebloops said...

Thinking and worrying about it beforehand - is almost worse than the actual procedure,(always worse for me!LOL) when it's all said and done!!! Glad you're back home!!!

luv2quilt2 said...

The retreat sounds like such fun. I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm glad to hear that everything went well. It's always worse when they have to go back for more but it's often necessary. When I grew up, it was all about being at the beach and sun protection products weren't that available. I would do over my sun worshiping days if I knew then what I know now.

Gene Black said...

That retreat must have been a blast. Working together on something like that is a lot of fun.

glad to hear the surgery went well.

Jean said...

Glad your surgery went well...looks like the retreat was fun for all!

Tangos Treasures said...

yippiee glad the surgery went well!! Those bags are too cute!!

Betsy said...

looks like yoy had fun and finished a feww things. That is always good Pat. I love the apple wall hanging.

Karen said...

The apple wall hanging would go well in my kitchen. The chairs in the kitchen are red and have an apple cut out in the back.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects and the fun just keeps coming. :) Hope your recovery is quick and uneventful.

Needled Mom said...

Glad to read that all went well yesterday. Did you have that Mohs proceedure so they knew if they got the borders right away? Much better than awaiting test results for a week or so, isn't it?

It is sounding more like it was a shopping retreat with quilty friends. LOL. It does sound like you all had a great time together.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Your apple wall hanging is so cute Pat!

JustCindy said...

I'm so glad to hear everything went well. Nothing wrong with being nervous. What cute little bags ya'll made. Laughing is good, isn't it?

quiltingnana said...

glad to hear all went well....

Amy R said...

So very, very glad to hear all went well! From one nervous nelly to another. . . amy

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Morning, Pat. Soooo glad to hear that everything went well yesterday. Sometimes the worry beforehand is worse than the actual event, isn't it? This is what my mother is dealing with so I will be glad for her when her surgery is over. The apple quilt is really, really cute. Nice job! And sure looks like you all had a fun time at the retreat. Food, friends, quilting fun - what could be better?

hetty said...

Glad to hear that things went well yesterday. Looks like your retreat was a blast! Friends, fabric, creating together, laughing! And the way I figure it, you can sew anywhere, but you have to get out to do some shopping. Glad you got lots of that in. You're wall hanging looks great!

Barb said...

Glad you surgery went well and you are healling up nicely. I hope it doesn't scar.

Love the bags and wall hanging....

sewfunquilts said...

The bags are cute, and sometimes it is more about the socializing than sewing!

Glad your little surgery went ok.

The Other Barb said...

praying that you heal quickly.
those little bags are so cute!

Unknown said...

Love the apples Pat..this would go wonderful in my kitchen...lol

Sharon G

Myra said...

Looks like big time fun there! Cute bags! Love your Apple wall-quilt! Would you believe I've been contemplating something very similar!?! lol! Too funny! 8-)

Glad to hear you surgery went well. Hope you heal up quickly now...

Unknown said...

love the apple hanging.

Unknown said...

my mom could always make me feel better with a kiss on my "boo-boo", and I do that for E now. so here's a "KISS" for your forehead. smmmmoooooccccchhhhh! hope it feels better soon. HUGS

Nancy said...

The last two years I have been the "Unofficial" project teacher at our guild sewing retreat... This year we made quick tote bags from a pattern I designed and donated them to a local abuse shelter. I think we ended up making almost 50 of them...

Dianne said...

I'm glad that your surgery's over. I will have my fingers' crossed for quick healing. Your wallhanging's really cute and it looks like you and your friends had fun at your retreat. I love what you bought.