Monday, November 2, 2009

A no-picture post.....SORRY!!!

No pictures today...sorry about that! Anyway...today will be a busy day. Tomorrow I leave with 5 other gals (quilters from our neighborhood, mostly) for a 3-night stay in the town of Bird-in-Hand in the Lancaster area of Pennsylvania. We chipped in and rented a house and expect to have a terrific time. There are lots of quilt shops in that area and we'll see as many as possible...also some charming gift shops and lots of other nice things to see there as well as some very good restaurants. (We decided we are NOT cooking!) The countryside is beautiful and very peaceful. It will be nice to get away for a few days. I am not taking my sewing machine....just some hand sewing (haven't decided on which projects yet to take....better do that SOON).

This morning is quilt guild. We will reveal who our Secret Sisters have been over the past year. I really have a lot to do and would probably not even go today, but I don't want the gal who had me as her Secret Sister to be disappointed....so I'll go. I've gotten some nice gifts from her and do want to thank her in person today.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy does it look like your in for some serious fun! I'll be back to hear all about it!

Gene Black said...

Busy, but fun. Have a great trip! Slow down and ENJOY it all.

Jocelyn said...

Have a very fun time on your mini get away. I have a friend who lives in the Lancaster area, but I've never been there. Hope it is pretty.

JustCindy said...

Don't forget your camera, you know we will want to see everything.

LyndaG said...

Pat - have a wonderful time...there's a great lunch place in Wrightsville, just off of Route 30 toward York called John Wright's with an interesting store attached. And so glad you can go knowing that your granddaughter is on the mend.

luv2quilt2 said...

Sounds like a wonderful getaway. Enjoy yourself.

andsewon said...

That sounds so wonderful Pat!!
I am sure you will have a good time and be back with some super pics to share!!!
Wishing you safe travels!
Lola

Crispy said...

Oh how fun Pat!! I'm green with envy!! Have a wonderful time, I look forward to see all the things you will buy :0)

Crispy

Angela said...

Have a lovely time!

Judy Laquidara said...

Have fun and don't shop too much!!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Have a great time, Pat!!! Keep track of any wooly shop finds so that you can let our Wooly Buddies know. I think you gals are going to have "SEW MUCH FUN!!!"

Shabby Cottage Shoppe said...

Hope you all have a wonderful time! Take care and enjoy!
Gail

Carol Anne Strange said...

Sounds like a fun trip, Pat. Have a fabulous time! x

Barb said...

I want to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still whinning...

Unknown said...

I want to do something like this someday!! Have a great time.....

Sara said...

Oh, you are going to have so much fun!!!

hetty said...

Have a great trip, Pat! I was in Bird-in-Hand a few years ago and loved the coutryside and the many quilt shops! You deserve a break!

Rachel said...

How lovely! Have a wonderful time... and we WILL be looking for pictures when you get back ☺

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat! You've got first pick over at Ravelly1.......congrats!

Myra said...

Sounds like a fun time away you will have! 8-)