Friday, November 27, 2009

The new fridge......

Be sure to read what is at the very end of this post as I will be linking you to a Thanksgiving post from yesterday that I found to be exceptionally nice. So...here we go.....inquiring minds have asked to see photos of my new kitchen fridge (and the small one in the family room), so......here they are. The kitchen fridge is 26 cubic feet....old one was just under 22 cubic feet, so this gives us a lot more room. (If a larger one would have fit, I'd have gone larger, but this is as big as we can get here.) First photo shows the fridge with the doors closed. We didn't go with the fridge that has the water and ice dispenser in the door as I like to have as much shelf space as possible on the doors inside the fridge...so we just got the icemaker in the freezer compartment.Now we see the top half (the fridge part) with the doors open. How much easier Thanksgiving dinner preparations were with a large fridge like this! See the wide drawer under the two veggie crispers? That is as deep as the fridge and has a separate temp control and is great for deli items, cheeses, etc. They call it a pantry drawer and I am already loving that feature!
And here is the compact fridge/freezer that is in our family room. It is good for holding cans of soda and extra food and desserts on special occasions and for parties. It's tucked away in a corner next to my computer armoire....the most out-of-the-way corner in that room, actually. (Gotta get hubby to neaten up that nest of wires and that surge protector!!!)
Now...as I mentioned, I read a post on a blog yesterday that was very nice.....took a LONG time with all the photos she put there......but I found it very touching. Her hubby had some serious heart issues over the summer and I know she is very thankful for his recovery, but she really let us share in her happiness about her whole family...complete with photos. Pop over there (by clicking HERE) to see that post.

19 comments:

ooglebloops said...

Love your new fridge!! We had looked at that model -but it was too large for the space we had. I would have loved the bottom freezer.Yours looks VERY spacious when you open the doors!!!

Margi said...

That fridge is AWESOME!

Tangos Treasures said...

Nice!!
I should have just gone with the ice maker. The water thingy is a pain to clean with our hard water!

Gene Black said...

Wow Pat, that is a serious fridge. I love the fact that you can open either OR both doors. (I would always open the wrong one first though for the first year or so.)

luv2quilt2 said...

Love the new fridge. When we mvoed into this house in 2000, we bought a new fridge. 5 years later, just 2 months before the warranty was to expire, it died. The company replaced it for us, and I wanted the type you have, but we had to take what we had originally bought - a side by side.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That looks like one wonderful refrigerator. I would love to have one like that Pat, but I don't think I have room.

Kathy said...

Your new fridge is really great! I'll be it was really full before Thanksgiving. Today, perhaps it is full of leftovers, as mine is. However, I did notice that you don't have nearly enough magnets on the doors. I could send you some of mine, as I have plenty!! LOL.

Thanks for the reference to that
blog with all the photos of things to be thankful for. It was fun and inspiring to read it and look at the family photos. I don't think I will try to do the same. As you remarked, it takes too long and too much frustration to post that many photos.

Anonymous said...

Now, *that* is a fridge and a half! Glad you like it so much. My fridge is going on 24 yrs. of age, so I know I need to be ready when it gives up for good. We don't have time to shop around when we are without a fridge.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Nice fridge,I have one similar and I love it. Where is the Turkey?
Hope your Thanksgiving was terrific.
Pat

Nancy said...

Oh that is the type of fridge I want to get..... but it will take some reconstruction of the kitchen. And the wood in the cabinets cannot just be 'replaced'.... it was off of his grandfather's mountain ground 50 years ago. Know any good carpenters???

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!

The Other Barb said...

nice fridge! I like that you already made it your own by putting things on the front :) Looks like a lots of shelf space for sure! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I know why you got such a big fridge...........to store penguins? lmao

Barb said...

How fun!!! Enjoy!!

Sara said...

Oh, I like your new frig!

Trying to relax and get a few things done today...

Crispy said...

Ooooo love the fridge. I want one with filtered water in the door so I don't have to keep filling the Britta pitcher LOL. Jo really did a wonderful Thanksgiving post.

Crispy

Julia said...

Now that's a great fridge Pat...
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving..
Julia ♥

Anonymous said...

Mine will be delivered Thursday. Nearly changed the style after I saw a FANTASTIC price today on another...very similiar to yours but had ice maker in door too. It was a steal and the deal runs through tomorrow. In the end...I decided to stay with the original one I got...hope I won't be sorry.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Thanks for the nice words about our thanksgiving. We had the best time.

What a grand refrigerator. When we lived in the desert we had two full size fridges - everyone did - in the summer during harvest season the second one was always full of fresh vegetables and melons.

hetty said...

That is one heck of a serious fridge! Love the size! It looks good inside and out!