Thursday, November 26, 2009
Happy Thanksgiving......
To all my fellow bloggers who are in countries where Thanksgiving is celebrated today, I wish you and your family a day filled with love and good food and gratitude for your blessings! I also ask that we all take some time today to remember those in the armed forces who are away from family and friends this holiday season. I was looking for just the "right" photo to put here today.....there were so many nice ones like a lot of you have chosen and already posted.... and I was not able to decide on just one. Then, I decided to go for a "fun" one instead. So...here it is. I hope this isn't YOU and your turkey (or your mom or aunt or whoever is cooking your turkey) when dinnertime is near today!!! I guess this gal will be taking the family out to dinner or else making them some peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too!
Happy Thanksgiving to You and Yours. Just look at those curlers!
Now Pat, all that needs done to that Turkey is having the burny burny parts trimmed off. Then she can pre-carve it and go right on and serve it.
At least she didn't have the pressure cooker blow up and have peas all over the kitchen ceiling to clean. Yes that really happened to Mom -and since I was there me too - one lovely Thanksgiving. We opened some canned peas and went right on (after cleaning the ceiling and the rest of the mess it made in the kitchen.)
A truly happy and blessed Thanksgiving to you, my dear friend. I count you as one of my blessings.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Pat! And prayers to all those soldiers near and far.
Great photo! Thanks for the giggle. Now to wrestle with my bird! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Happy Turkey Day...hope for a great turkey and not a burned one.
Smiles,
Millie
LOL, I kinda look like that right now, just got the turkey in the oven so it's not burned....yet. A Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Pat.
Crispy
Happy Turkey Day, Pat! Hope yours is more relaxed than that woman's in the photo.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Yup, that's me right now and probably during dinner too - we stay in our jammies for dinner!
Laurie
I hope that won't be me today. I know I have felt like that before! How funny!!! LOL! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day, Pat.
Nope, not me today. I never burned a turkey in all the years that I was the turkey baker. However, my husband always wanted these giant turkeys and finally, one year I told him that if he wanted to pull one of those giant turkeys in and out of the oven then he should do the cooking. That was about ten years ago and I haven't a cooked a turkey since then. The only problem is that he thinks it shouldn't have to cook as long as the directions say and I told him no one wants to eat a turkey that is not cooked well. I prefer to shop the day after Thanksgiving and not end up in the hospital emergency room. That actually happened to my uncle one year when my aunt didn't cook a turkey long enough. Have a blessed day!
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving with your loved ones.
Hugs, Kim
Hope your day is a blessed one!
Jocelyn
Funny Pat...have a wonderful day!!
I would like to know just how you got my picture...I specifically told everyone that one was NOT for publication!
That was not me in the picture. I haven't worn curlers in 40+ years and my turkey turned out PERFECT. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, and to all who read your blog.
Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours
Love Tango
Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours
Hope your turkey turns out perfect..that is so funny!
Julia ♥
Happy Thanksgiving Pat! It's not our Thanksgiving holiday, but I'm thankful that you were one of my very first bloggy friends and for all your good advice and inspiration. I hope you're having a fantastic day with your family! xo
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had so much to be grateful for. Wish we could have fed every family less fortunate and brought our military home to be with their own families.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Pat! 8-)
Happy Thanksgiving, love the picture! Looks like my Mother in Law with her rollers in and bleach blond hair! LOL*
Post a Comment