Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Another "no picture" day here.....
Today is the 2nd day of my Lancaster quilt retreat with the neighborhood gals. You can be sure I am going to shop and buy lots of GREAT fabrics!!! While I am gone, HERE is a post from awhile back on Bonnie Hunter's blog that I've bookmarked. I thought I'd try one of these "crumb" quilts someday. Have any of you made them? (I think this is something Gene Black would like.) Bonnie shows the tips from this gal named Barb and a tutorial of how she makes these crumb blocks. It looks very easy and it sure would help cut back on my scraps. I need to do that soon OR throw them away....UGH....and I really hate to throw away fabric...even scraps....but the scraps are threatening to over-run my house. (Sorry for the 2nd post this week with no photo....very unusual for me!!!) I'll be coming up to my 1st annivesary of blogging soon...need to start thinking about a giveaway, too. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Fabric is so expensive and you can do so much with scraps that I just can't throw them away. They're a lot of work to cut and keep organized though! Can't wait to see what you do with yours!
Oh sounds like your having fun at the retreat!
I'm going to check out the crumbs link! Thanks!
This reminds me of crazy quilting, something I've tried only one time; but I do love the results. Pat, you (and Gene!) can do this!
Uh...yes it does. Do you remember my Quilt Festival quilt? http://artbygene.blogspot.com/2009/10/quilt-festival.html
There are some crumb blocks in it. I got the idea by reading Quiltville.com .
You paid good money even for those scraps! Use em up! Enjoy your time with the friends!! I think your so lucky to get away like this.
I took a crumb workshop from Bonnie when she is here in Atlanta. So much fun..great scrappy look. But it is not a stash buster because you are using so many tiny bits of fabric. Bonnie even says herself that you paid $9.00 + for those scraps so don't throw them away..use them.
Pat
I've never made a crumb quilt but I do often use scraps for orphan blocks so I'm not overly buried in them. Don't toss those scraps!! If you won't use them, stuff them in a ziplock baggie and have a give away :o)
Crispy
This looks like crazy quilting to me! When you said "crumb quilts" all I could think of was cookies. LOL!
This is a technique I have known as Crazy Quilting. I did a retreat a few years ago with Kaye England and she taught us this technique. i have a great bright quilt in sthis style but did not sash between my blocks.
It is a lot of fun.
I've tried, I really did, but I'm not enough of a random person to do this. Plus, it isn't as easy as one might think.
Post a Comment