
Yesterday I tried to make myself stop being a SLUG. I have not been in a sewing mood the past several days. So...I dragged out an easy (but fun) project.....the watercolor heart kit I got myself at the quilt show last month. I got the same kit for the person who won my 100th post giveaway, too. I was thinking of making this into a pillow but I have a small quilt hanger on the wall in my living room and have decided I'll hand quilt this and hang it there. It was fun to do and I'm liking the way it is turning out. I'll probably do the binding in the same green as the border and I might add some stitchery of some type along the border or in the corners......something like vines....maybe.
13 comments:
Vines will look so lovely on this little wallhanging. I have 4 pizza boxes of squares for a watercolor quilt...never made one and probably won't either LOL.
Crispy
I admired that kit when you showed it after the quilt show. It is really lovely. Good job!
Pat it turned out beautiful.
Wow, Pat, you did a realy good job on that. It is lovely. I can see why you want to hang it on the wall!
I have always wanted to try some watercolor quilt-making. This small kit inspires me. It's lovely!
cute!!!
i think vines would really add to it.
really nice job you did. I am sorry I didn't see that booth and get myself one of those. Next time!!!
That's a beautiful little quilt. You definitely need to put it up where you can admire it often.
It's darling, and your idea of vines stitched on the boarder would finish it off quite nicely! 8-)
This is really lovely and like your idea for the vines. I'm ashamed at how long it has been since I've sewn anything. But this morning I made a label for Ethan's quilt and sewed it on. Now to get the binding hand sewn and I can move forward on something new!
This is very cute ! I did a watercolor quilt years ago.It was lots of fun to play with all the samll little pieces of fabric and make them work.
Pat, I've been in those moods at times and I think you've done a marvelous job of pulling yourself out. The little quilt turned out great, and hand quilting a project this size is a win win. I look forward to seeing it when you are done with it!
I do think vines would look good...did it get you out of your funk? I hope so...maybe when your new machine comes in you will feel more like sewing????
Post a Comment