Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ten on Tuesday....

There is a webpage called Ten on Tuesday (click here for it). The premise is....you list 10 things that fit the topic they have for that week. I have looked many times and enjoyed the topics listed there. I've often said I was going to do that here occasionally on Tuesdays...but I rarely remember until it's Wednesday or Thursday. THIS week I remembered!!! I'm not doing the current one, though. I'm doing one from a couple of weeks ago. Why? Because I like that one and it fits the mood I'm in right now. SO.....the list I will do is 10 Things I Won't Miss About Winter.....
1. Wearing a winter coat (gloves, scarf, the whole bit).
2. SNOW
3. Frost and/or snow on cars
4. Bare trees
5. Black ice on roads
6. Keeping windows closed all the time
7. Too cold temperatures (so cold that I can't ride a bike which I like to do once in awhile)
8. No color outside because the lawns are brown and the flowers are all "sleeping"
9. The furnace running a LOT
10. .....gosh...can't think of a #10!!! This is NOT easy! Anyone have an additional idea? (I know at least one of you who reads my blog did this list a couple of weeks ago on YOUR blog, so HELP me!!!) I'll let you off easy and only ask for one.......What is the ONE thing you most won't miss about winter?

16 comments:

Betsy said...

The early darkness. I hate that it is dark right after I get off work.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sunshine! Real sunshine. I really don't care for gray days all winter here in Michigan. I love your blog, by the way!
Regina

Gene Black said...

ooh good answers so far.

I won't miss not being able to go for long walks outside.

Kaye said...

I won't miss the high gas bills!

Kathy said...

Having to wrap up in a blanket while I read because I keep my thermostat turned down to save electricity. (It didn't help much. My bill was still way too high!)

Crispy said...

Moving the darn snow...mostly by shovel.

Oh wait, I get to do that later today or tomorrow as we are getting another foot of the stuff today.....stupid snow

Crispy

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Having to warm my hands in my pants because they hurt from the cold. Yes, I really do this, and my poor tush gets cold, but it doesn't hurt like my hands.

andsewon said...

Dark gray days on end! Plus all you said and every one else!!

Kathy said...

We don't have much of a winter here in Texas, but I won't miss the early darkness in the evenings.

Rachel said...

How about #10 - having to "listen" to Rachel whine about it for 6 months. haha.

Anonymous said...

I'm in for the darkness! I LOVE the light and miss it during the winter! Sorry I haven't been on the computer much lately but am trying to get caught up. LOVE your Easter mat!

Sara said...

Would that be me, Pat???

The thing I won't miss about winter is the Dark Dreary Gray Skies!

Barb said...

I am in American Samoa, I don't have winters...so I would like one day of winter....just to have the fresh smell of the outdoors on a cold day. The brisk air on your face, the crunch of the snow...just for one day mind you...I hate to be cold....

Val said...

Pat, I won't miss the dreariness that comes from the gray skies and bare landscapes!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I won't miss shoveling! You already listed cold and I never miss the cold once winter is gone. I don't mind the snow so much if my husband is home to shovel/snow blow it. But it seems we get a snowstorm when he's out of town on business so I must shovel and that takes time from sewing. I will not miss the shoveling at all. I can already tell you what I won't miss when summer ends........the bugs. Spring is lovely because it's bug-free. This past weekend was great with doors open and lovely breeze. By the end of summer, I am tired of flies, mosquitos and gnats!! I love everything about fall, though, as it's my favorite season!!

Gari in AL said...

I won't miss taking an early morning shower before the furnace comes on: really cold when you step out!