Saturday, March 21, 2009
Artful Bras for a Cause....
This has been making the rounds and, in all likelihood, some of you have probably seen it already. A quilting group in South Carolina decided to do their part to raise awareness of breast cancer. Their exhibit consists of 50 bras that they embellished and decorated (and which all have clever names). Click HERE to get to a webpage with more information and to see several of their works of art. Below is one of them (called New Life and made by Ann Addy), but there are several more on their webpage. It was a unique idea and I'm sure it raises some eyebrows...but nobody can dispute it being for a good cause!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hello Pat
That's adorable. I love the idea.
Best wishes.
Interesting.
That's one beautiful bra! You'd have to walk around with no shirt on to showcase it!
You should see the bra top I wear for belly dancing - covered in coins and beads. Va va voom.
No eyes raised here....I think it is a great idea...
Oh my mother needs to see this, she is a breast cancer survivor and would definitely appreciate this art work. I love it!
I sent this to several family members and asked if this was the direction my quilting should go. Got back some interesting replies. LOL
Post a Comment