Monday, March 23, 2009

Mostly a fun weekend...

Our daughter and granddaughter came for the weekend. 99% of it was fun! I'll put some pictures below to show you some of that. They were both going to attend church today with us and hear me play in the handbell choir. (They've not heard that before.) The NOT fun part of the weekend was....my daughter has a serious case of TMJ and is undergoing treatment (and will be splinted for it this week). She woke up this a.m. with a serious headache from it and had to stay back from church. I knew my husband wouldn't be able to handle the 4-year-old alone in church...and she'd be too shy to go to the nursery there since she's not been there before. SO...he stayed home and watched the little one here and our daughter took medicine and slept until the headache was bearable enough for her to make the 2 1/2 hour drive back home.

While they were here, we went with them to visit some friends. We also went to see my husband's 2nd cousin who is stationed in the Air Force at Dover (not far from us). We went on base with her for a bit and got to show the little one around a cargo plane....she was a bit overwhelmed! Then we went out for a fun dinner at Applebee's.While they are here, I have to pack up my sewing room as it is also the sleeping room for the little one. I'll get back to some sewing tomorrow.

Here are some photos I took over the weekend. They should all be clickable so you can see them enlarged. First is granddaughter, Jessi, with Pepi, our "senior citizen" dog. Jessi starting to do some outdoor decorating. She also did a lot of decorating for me indoors....didn't realize I had so many Easter things until she helped me explore the plastic bin!
Jessi made orange cupcakes and had a good time. Here she is icing them with Grampy and then she put pastel-colored jelly beans on them. (I had her take most of them home.......didn't need them to stay here for me to eat them....that's for sure.)
This is Jessi with our young relative who is serving in the Air Force and will go to Afghanistan before 2009 is over. We worry about her safety, as do all families with loved ones in the military.

14 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sounds like a great weekend with the exception of the TMJ flare up. Your strip blocks in a few posts below look great!

Nancy said...

What a nice weekend you had... I am packing and getting ready to leave to go "babysit" mine for 3 days... Wish me luck!! LOL

Crispy said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend...even if you didn't get to do any sewing. Your grandgirl is such a cutie!! What a good Grampy to cook with the little one LOL.

Crispy

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Jessi is precious, as is your dog! What cuties! Sounds like a fun time. Sewing can wait for grandchildren.

Betsy said...

Lovely family Pat.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Your granddaughter is so pretty!! Love the pic of her and Grampy icing the cupcakes. Always keep those who are serving overseas in my prayers. What a gift they give to the rest of us by giving their service to the military.

Kathy said...

What a precious little girl. Sounds like ya'll had a great time. Those cupcakes look yummy!

andsewon said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with your gals TMJ stuff aside. Hope she does well.
Jessi is a cutie doll for sure!!!!
Loved all the pics!
Always remember to be grateful to our armed service folks!!

Barb said...

What a cutie your granddaughter is. I am glad that you had a good time with them. sorry for your daughters TMJ, hope she gets over it quickly...don't know about the splints. I will pray for your military niece as well.

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a blast. I love spending time with my family more than anything. Me and the hubs spent the weekend in the hospital. I think we're on the mend now. Great pics.

Sara said...

Sounds like a good time - Jessi sure had a good time and got to make cupcakes, too.

Sorry Tara had a flare up - darn.

I know you were happy to see them...

Gari in AL said...

My prayers will also be with your AF family member. I am envious of your great weekend with DD and DGD: mine are down with the flu and have not been seen for a while.

Michelle said...

Cute, cute pictures of your adorable granddaughter! I hope your daughter feels better soon and the treatment helps! God Bless your military cousin! :)

Val said...

Jessi is such a little doll! Too bad that Tara had a TMJ flareup and didn't get to see/hear you doing the bells at church. Hope she is doing better and made it home okay. I'm thinking Jessi has her grandpa pretty wound around her little finger, kinda like our Jaiden, LOL.