Monday, February 15, 2010

A nice Valentine's Day.....

I hope all of you had a nice Valentine's Day. We had a nice Valentine's visit with our daughter and granddaughter (but we were tired.....it was nearly a 3-hour ride up and then back late yesterday afternoon/early evening). I will go through the few photos I took and get the better ones on the blog in the next day or two. In the meantime, I realize I forgot to show some packages I've gotten recently.....so here are a few photos of those.....

An adorable penguin lotion / soap dispenser Karen from Sew Many Ways bought and sent to me since she knows I am a penguin "nut"......if you have never visited her Tool Time Tuesday feature on her blog, you are really missing something GREAT!
Really pretty green rose fabric from Barb of Bejeweled Quilts by Barb...it looks grainy because of my photography, but it is really nice, soft cotton and I love it a lot!A random prize drawing I won from Pat at Quilting Can be Fun....
Handy tools.......a nice coaster and a beautiful fat quarter....Yummy white wool, a nice cookbook and a great handmade note from Sandi at
A Legacy of Stitches (which I won in her recent Wooly Buddies virtual retreat)A pretty fabric tablecloth from a good friend, Ev, who has no blog (and doesn't quilt....tells me she can barely thread a needle....LOL) She said if I don't like the tablecloth or it doesn't fit my table, I can cut it up and use the fabric. I need to get my table cleared of clutter to see if it fits, because I DO like the tablecloth a lot.With gifts like this in the mail, I didn't even mind seeing a few bills amongst them. LOL I hope you visit the blogs I highlighted above if you are not familiar with them, as they are really fun blogs to read!

22 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh what fun prizes!!!
Congratulations!!!

Joanne Lendaro said...

WOW!! What fun stuff you get in the mail! Congrats!!

Unknown said...

you get great mail....let me know if you ever need help opening all that. haha

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

So many cute things...don't you love the postman!!
Take care,
~Karen~

luv2quilt2 said...

What a nice welcome home, even if the mailman did bring bills along with them.

Unknown said...

Wow, what you did get in the mail is just way better than bills!

Gene Black said...

I think I need to have your mail diverted to my house! Ha ha. Great mail day!

Crispy said...

Wow lots of lovely mail you have recieved!! You are one Lucky Lady :o)

Crispy

bubbygigi said...

Pat, thank you for your compliment. I usually make size two or size three gifts but this time my daughter suggested I make a small size so the baby can wear it sooner. I always felt that if I made a larger size, the gift would have a chance to be worn more than once.

Anonymous said...

That's a very pretty and unusual fabric with green roses.

JustCindy said...

Lots of wonderful goodies.

Rhonda said...

What a great package you received!!! I love that green floral fabric, especially....LOL....green's my favorite!
Take care.

hetty said...

That's a lot of fun stuff! I love the green rose fabric. Thanks for the links to some interesting blogs.

Barb said...

You sure got some fun stuff!!! Glad you had a good time at your daughters!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Pat Oh Pat--you do get around!! LOL You are a lucky lady. BTW--I think I have all my links up and working for my Tree Time BOM. Thanks for being patient with me.

Sara said...

Your mailbox really fills up...you did good!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I hope you have much enjoyment out of your winnings Pat - they are wonderful!

Jean said...

Well aren't you lucky! You are always getting something yummy in the mail...I'm jealous!

Pat said...

I can't get over all of the snow you guys have had. Your photos are great. Love the fabrics, etc. I really enjoy your blog a lot, because you have a nice variety of things.

Nanette Merrill said...

Couldn't happen to a better gal Pat. Fun stuff, all of it.

Mel said...

VERY fun stuff!! You'll be busy for a while!

Unknown said...

Lucky you!!!!