Stephanie so kindly made a gift for Kathy and me.....we each got a very nice datebook cover with a calendar inside. I wish the photo did justice to the workmanship, but it doesn't. It is very nicely done and I will enjoy using it and think of Steph each time I do. (Sorry I didn't get a photo of Kathy's...which was done different than mine.....but here is how mine looks....love the handy, cute little stickers included with it!!!)
After lunch we went to my favorite local quilt shop.....Serendipity in Dagsboro, Delaware. Steph and her family have a condo in Ocean City, MD, and she and her mom were very happy to discover this quilt shop. They bought some things there...as did Kathy and I. Here is a photo of the happy quilters while shopping!!! (Left to right: me, Steph, her mom, Kathy.)
Some of you told me to be sure to show photos of what I bought, so I will end this post with those photos. I exercised a pretty good amount of self-control.....LOLThese are fabrics to make a wallhanging using blocks from the Weekend Quilts book I got a few days back (authored by Judy Laquidara). The colors are NOt showing true on here.....the one on the left is beige with white dots....then we have brown...then a red...then a dark green...a medium green and a light green. Maybe the colors will show better on your monitor but on mine they are NOT looking right at all!
This is a "just because" piece of fabric....just because it's green and just because I like it!!!
This shows my 4 scrappy pineapple blocks on a piece of fabric that will be used as sashing. I think I am going to make several groups of 4 scrappy pineapple blocks and use sashing between each group (rather than around each block). I thought this color (which is actually shades of a mauve-y pink....but looks red on my monitor...*sigh*) would look nice surrounding the scrappy blocks.
I did buy a couple of other small things......for gifts and some of the recipients read my blog, so I'm not showing them. And a couple of the things I bought will be for a giveaway here sometime soon for my regular followers. You can see we had a great day and we plan to get together again the next time Steph is in the area! OH....Gene....Steph did give me a hug from you!!! Thanks!
28 comments:
Yippiee! Looks like a great day was had by all!
Nice checkbook cover & oh on your purchases!
You ladies look like you had a wonderful time! What a nice little gift that Stephanie gave you. How fun a day of food, shopping, and fun!
Love the datebook cover. Crafters are so clever. The pineapple blocks are very pretty with that border. Looks like everyone had a great day.
Sounds like you had such a wonderful day! I wish I had been there to hang with you gals.
The notebook cover is charming. Your friend is very creative.
The colors on your photos are certainly far from accurate. It isn't your monitor, as they are weird on mine as well. Must be something about the way the photos translate from your camera to Blogger. My latest photos seem ok as to color, but then scarlet (the amarillis) is pretty hard to miss!
I especially like your "just because" fabric!
Visiting with friends is always a spirit lifter.
Looks like you were a good girl while shopping. Of course I love the green fabric, too.
Looking forward to seeing how your group comes out on the Fractured Diamond.
Take care.
that would be so much fun, to visit with other quilters, have lunch and then hit a few quilt shops. glad you had a good time.
What fun!! Pineapple's looks great!
It sounds like you had a really great time with your friends. QSs make such fun shopping and your fabric choices will a beautiful project.
we did have a wonderful time!
I love the 'just because' fabric! Glad you had such a good day!
Sounds like you had a great day! Must be fun to meet fellow bloggers...
Great fabrics, but what is that white one on top. It looks like it has quilting lines already on it???
Nothing is more fun then having lunch with friends AND a quilt shop visit. Looks like a great time was had by all.
Oh what fun...meeting pals, lunch and quilt shop shopping!
like you fabrics too.
The setting for your pineapple blocks will look awesome too!
Lola
Oh, what fun! I can just hear you all talking a mile a minute. Wish I was sitting there with you.
Looks like a fun day!
How fun!!! Love what you brought....love your giftie.
Love those pineapples!
I can tell you had a fun day!! My friends and I often "hold up the waitress" when we meet for lunch as we always have so much to chat about. LOL! Love your fabrics although they don't show up true for me either. The beige looks mauvey. I really like the green "just because" fabric. Green is a color that I buy a lot of as I never seem to have the right shade/tone/whatever. Any excuse to buy fabric will do. LOL!
Pat, what could be better, friends, food, and shopping? It looks like you all had a great time. Gita
WE did have a great time. Great friends, great food and great fabric finds! I am finally home from the beach and near a lap top so now it's my time to blog about it! Glad you guys had as much fun as I did! PS: Thanks for showing me the quilt shop in Dagsboro because it is only a 30 min drive from my beach house. Thanks!
Fun day out and great fabrics! The colours look a little better/truer on my computer here at home than on the screen at work (where I shouldn't have been reading blogs anyway haha).
I love a day spent with fellow fiber lovers! It looks like a fun time and I agree with you that your displayed remarkable restraint in your purchases. Beautiful fabrics! I always have trouble photographing certain colors - red seems to always be one. Drives me crazy....
Love your pineapples Pat and I like the grouping sashed!
Fun gathering! I miss my quilty friends back home!!
I like the way you did the sashing with your pineapples!
I hate it when the colors don't show up on the screen the way they should! But they still look good :)
SheilaC
You guys sure look like you're having a lot of fun. How nice!
Post a Comment