Yesterday I spent a lot of time getting a few projects "ready"..........no pictures but here is a listing of what I accomplished:
I cut the new fabrics I showed you yesterday into pieces to make a wall-hanging using a pattern in the Weekend Quilts book (by Judy Laquidara) and put them into a baggie...all ready for me to sit down at my machine and make the 9 blocks for the wall-hanging.
I cut about 1/2 of the strips I'll need for a black / white/ red pineapple quilt that will be themed for next year's Valentines Day. I put them in a baggie and labeled it so I won't accidentally use the fabric for something else (or forget why I cut them). I won't start that for awhile yet.
I sandwiched and pin-basted the "spider web" table topper I showed a week or two back. I'm going to hand-quilt it in an echo pattern as so many of you suggested. I'll work on that a bit this weekend while watching TV.
I cut the binding strips for the quilt top I picked up on Thursday from the long-armer......hope to get that binding onto the quilt over the weekend. (I still do the back of the binding by hand....and actually find it relaxing!)
I prepped that darned Texas Rose block that gave me trouble on my green, no-sew block swap and think I can get it done right now that Kathy helped me with it. (We discovered that my printer did not print the templates the correct size....so I was trying to get 4 too-small pieces (made with the templates) to fit together with several other pieces that were the correct size....didn't quite work in spite of me trying it 5 times and ripping it apart each time! (Edited to add: I must have a mental block with this one....can't get it....have to switch to a different pattern and use it with the fabric that was sent for this one....sorry, Barb!)
I cut some sashing strips for the blocks I made from the green, no-sew-block swap....and also some cornerstones for it. I can start to join the blocks together soon.
I got the green pineapple block I showed here recently ready to sew it's sashing and corner setting triangles onto it so I can turn it into a little wall-hanging for my living room.
The doctor for whom I do medical typing since my retirement from teaching is on vacation for the next two weeks, so I should be able to do more sewing AND, hopefully, get my sewing room back in shape as it is a MESS right now. *sigh* I like to have several projects in a "ready" stage so I can pick them up when I have little blocks of time. Also, I like to have a variety of projects going at once as I get bored doing just one......someone told me that is typical of people who are Gemini (which I am). LOL I'm really happy to have so many projects at a "readiness" stage for me to work on them easily now.
16 comments:
Wow you have got a lot ready!!!
Have fun sewing!!
You were very busy and very productive. Much better than being busy and not accomplishing anything - happens to me all the time!
sounds great Pat. now all you have to do is sew
Yaay for a vacation from the typing job. It amazes me that some of you are so organized with your projects. I guess since I usually only work on one at at time it isn't such an issue for me.
I too bounce around from project to project. And I really like to hand sew binding on the back. Especially since I've just learned it and it looks better with each quilt.
Wow Pat you sure sound like a busy bee. Enjoy your creative outlet for the next two weeks.
You had a really busy day! Now to get down to the fun of sewing!
Wow...just sewing time sounds wonderful now!
Oh, it must feel good to have all the drudgery part finished. If you run out of kits, I have a shelf full of UFO's you can work on! LOL
Please come organize my projects.
You're so organized! Now you can pick up any project you feel like doing.
busy, busy Pat. So organized. Come on down and organize my "stuff" LOL
Gosh, Pat, thanks to the someone who told you that it is typical of Geminis to have a variety of projects going. Now I know why I have so many projects "in stages". LOL!!
Wow, You are so inspiring. You will have alot to show us in the coming months.
I like to prep several things so that I can bounce back and forth. You will be having such a good time.
We should see lots of things since you are getting a break from your job...and I see that green quilt that "I" am waiting is still in the works...I'm behind in blogging and trying to catch up.. :/
Post a Comment