You can take your pick.......you can have this....

OR....you can get yourself the wonderful, new Pineapple ruler from quilt designer/teacher Gyleen Fitzgerald and make some of these pineapple blocks.... (click to enlarge)

I got my ruler in the mail yesterday and had such FUN making these 4 pineapple blocks....TOTALLY scrappy, as you can see. (But I may make something with fabrics in a more planned color-scheme using this ruler soon.) These are a joy to make. If any of you want further information, let me know and I'll give you the link for the ruler. Please keep us in this area in your thoughts and prayers. We are in the midst of what is probably going to be the worst winter storm ever recorded in this area. A state of emergency is declared and only emergency vehicles and vehicles of essential workers (hospital staff, police, etc.) are permitted on the roads anywhere in the state until further notice. We have sufficient food and our medications and as long as we don't lose power, we should be fine....but with high winds and blizzard conditions, it's kind of scary.
32 comments:
I've seen a couple of people mention these rulers, and the results are beautiful. We were in NYC yesterday, and all the news was about the coming storm. Believe me, we wanted out of there! I hope it doesn't get as bad for you as the weather channel said. So stay in, and keep your sewing machine busy.
Very pretty Pat!!
Please stay safe!!
The blocks look fun to make and they look great!
I hope the storm is not as bad as anticipated and that you stay warm and cozy inside. No loss of electricity allowed!
Oh pretty blocks (I like the scrappy look)...stay safe, stay warm, hope your power stays on! I am in Central PA and we are getting the snow right now, have had it thru the night, but I don't think it will be the amount you are getting! Yes please I would like to know more about the *pineapple ruler*, thank you! Happy Saturday, I am heading to my sewing room!
I'm glad you don't need to go anyplace and that the authorities have told everyone to stay off the roads, some drivers think they can drive in anything. You will have plenty of quilty things to play with while you are homebound :0)
Crispy
There is lots of snow here, too. Streets are not plowed, so no one could get out if they wanted to. Photos on my blog. Stay warm and enjoy the enforced leisure.
Glad you are prepared....will be thinking of all of you out that way.
Hmmmm...using a special ruler must mean these are not paper-pieced, although they have that appearance. I love the scrappy look, they would make a beautiful finished project!
Same weather story here in NJ. It's surely a nuisance, but it's absolutely beautiful out there -- a real winter wonderland.
Pat I saw the snow in the news. That is just unbelievable. I hope you guys get thru this. Winter needs to be over.
You can send me details about the ruler.
Love the pineapple blocks! We're in the midst of the same storm here. We have about a foot of snow and you can't even find the roads. Stay safe!
Oh Pat, I will be thinking of you today. I hope that you will all be safe and the power will NOT go out. Keep us informed.
I *adore* those scrappy pineapple blocks!!!!!! LOVE EM!
Stay warm and safe, my friend.
Oh My Goodness! I had no idea the weather was going to be so bad there. I pray that you keep power and are safe on thru it.
Now about those pineapples, I think I want the first one AND the second one. Ha ha. I may "fake" those since I don't have the ruler.
We didn't near as much snow as was predicted here. Only a dusting..
I hope you fair ok... do you have a fireplace?
I'll take the first pineapple and use paper piecing for the fabric kind!! I LOVE fresh pineapple...
I love the pineapple squares. Please send me the link. Although, I don't see why you can't make these paper peiced?
I didn't leave the farm for three entire weeks last winter, so I know what you are facing. I just pray you keep your power. We rarely lose ours because this area is accustomed to this weather, and being in town, if we do lose it, we are the first to get it back!!! Stay warm and cozy. Take pictures!!!
I LOVE your blocks Pat...can you send me info on the ruler? I've made pineapple blocks in the past using paper piecing method and they come out nice so it would be nice to see what the difference would be with the ruler.
We have a ton of snow. Hubby thinks at least 13-14 inches so far and it's only10am....I did blog about my deck :)
mmmmmm.....I love pineapple.
Love your pineapple blocks! We heard about that storm, but it will not reach up north into our area. We are still without a significant amount of snow. It's a crazy winter. Stay safe and warm!
Cute pineapple Pat. Hope you continue to stay safe and warm!
beautiful blocks Pat! I'd love the info on the ruler too Please! Sorry you're getting pounded with such a harsh winter this year!! No snow for us today, just super cold and windy!
Those blocks are wonderful. I did sign up but that is as far as I got....sorry.
I will take both as I adore fresh pineapple and love your scrappy ones!!
I have a rule here some where that can be used for these.
Got a Baltimore report 27 inches so far!!
Also the 18 in DC area is now 20 with last text message.
You just stay in warm safe and keep sewing!!!
Hugs,
Lola
I like those pineapple blocks. So cheery! yes, please send me the link.
I've been outside shoveling a path to our dog(born & raised as an outside dog).Clearing off our porch but it's snowing hard again & blowing .Still though, I love the snow.
I've been watching birds fight over the bird food in the feeder outside my kitchen window.
That is so pretty! I just talked to my brother that lives at Rehobah Beach? I know that is not spelled right. But he said it is beautiful and crazy,LOL!
Love the block. Just the thing to use up all those scraps!
What terrible weather - stay safe.
Hope the package arrives soon. Hugs :)
Very pretty Pat....we'll be watching the news..!!
Take care and Please stay safe!!
Julia ♥
Hmmm, we must be on a mental vive or something today, I just bought a pineapple quilt pattern this morning before seeing your post. I like the scappyness of yours. Hope you are staying warm and dry.
These are beautiful, Pat!! I might have to check into this project, too. Oh, no, my "want to do" list is getting so long!! You've been on my mind all day. Hope you aren't one of those without power but I suspect you might be. My niece lives in Annapolis and she is enjoying the reminder of winters at home in Iowa. :-)
Pat, those pineapple blocks are just beautiful.
You'll me in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the storm passes quickly.
Love your pineapple blocks and the color of scraps that you used. It all came together so well!
Definitely the blocks for me....really don't like the real thing.
Very pretty blocks! I have an older ruler and I can't say it is fun making this block with it. Maybe I should invest in the new ruler.
Post a Comment