Sunday, February 7, 2010

TODAY......

Today I will have to help hubby try to dig the two cars out of the driveway and get the driveway and walks cleared. Normally, we'd try to keep doing it while the storm was happening, but the winds were too severe yesterday and with the super-low temps, nobody could be out there. Now it is rock-hard, so we are all going to have a mess. Added to that is the fact that the developers' tractor plowed a single lane and dumped an entire BUCKET of snow directly behind hubby's van.....that was nearly as tall as his van. It has compacted a tiny bit and is like a mass of concrete now. They sent someone out who SAID they will be back to remove it, but...nothing yet. Needless to say, hubby is REALLY upset about this. There are tons of other spots that bucket of snow could have been dumped.......including 7 totally empty lots immediately adjacent to ours!!! Some people have mush for brains, it appears, as there is no reason the driver of that piece of equipment should have done that. It would be hard enough to dig out from this storm without that added mess behind the van.....and I don't think we can even remove it if they don't come and do it...and then that means we cannot get our cars out. *sigh* I appreciate all the kind, caring comments and prayers for everyone in the path of this monster storm. Hopefully, they are wrong that we will get more Tuesday night....UGH!!! As for the pineapple ruler, I will gather the info on that and post it here for those of you who wanted to know about it. I'll do that later today. Better go eat something so I can help outside a bit.

14 comments:

Crispy said...

Some people really are such idiots!! Be sure to do LOTS of screaming and yelling to get them to move that pile of snow. Don't over do it while shoveling!!

Crispy

Unknown said...

I was just about to ask if you knew of the storm coming Tuesday. We're so tired of it here as well. However, we didn't loose power. Thank goodness, cause we have no backup heat. After this winter we need to invest in something as back up heat.

Anonymous said...

Same story here in NJ. Getting the snow out of the way after it's frozen is near impossible. I think we should all just hope for rising temps to go with the brilliant sunshine we have today. Barring someone with heavy equipment, it's probably the only thing that will help. Time will make things all better.

Barb said...

Oh my word...what on earth was that person thinking ~ oh yeah "DUH", obviously it was not at his house! We had a similar situation with road work during the summer...came home from the office and found our lawn near the road (about 30 feet in from the road) all torn up (it had been raining)...workers turned the equip. around in our yard so they could leave the job because of the rain...OK phone call made..."ME" point blank saying..."tell me you would want your lawn to look like mine"...the guy on the other end said "we will be out to have a look"...'follow-up statement after the look'...."hmmmmmmmm"...a few more phone calls from me and it was partially corrected...not happy here! Thankful that "*our car was not blocked in*...keep on calling until you get that pile of frozen hard snow/ice removed! WHAT IN THE WORLD, where is their common sense (?)!!

Yes I heard that rumor from the weatherman...more snow on Wed., we need to shovel fast ;>)!! Have a great day...enjoy the Super Bowl!

bubbygigi said...

Pat, we have the same snow problems in South Jersey. We went out and used the snow blower and shoveled but didn't even get half of the snow cleared away because we got too cold and wet to stay out any longer. Today we'll try again to clear some more snow but I'm sure it'll be hard to do today. Hopefully the someone will come out and clear the pile for you today. I loved your pineapple blocks. Gita

Yvette said...

Bright side: Great exercise! LOL!

Sorry about what you are going through. I hope you get some valuable sewing time in there somewhere.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Just be CAREFUL will ya?!?!? That is a lot of snow!!

andsewon said...

Oh my word..the nerve! I would raise cane!!!Thankfully what we had was nada compared to upper VA. Just icy now but melting. I am so OVER this! Not that I am ready for Spring but just NO MORE ICE SNOW!! Even no rain for a little while would be nice!
Do not over do the shoveling!!
Hugs,
Lola

Unknown said...

G'morn, Pat ~ Isn't it awesome ... twice in one winter! SPectacular!

If you haven't read about our gathering of bloggy ladies in April, please go to these places to do so. Hope you live within the arena, to join us.

Feb 7th ~
feedsackfantsty.blogspot.com
countrywingsinphoenix.blogspot.com

Jan 31st ~
blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Happy Valentine's ~
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~Marydon

Barb said...

You two be careful out there....

Kim Walus said...

Wow. What a mess. I hope they'll come back and clear out the snow they left in your driveway. No one should have to shovel the pile they left. Take care of your backs as you shovel and try not to over do it.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I fell for ya! In our previous home we had some issues with city plowing and got nowhere in convincing them that it could be plowed differently. We are to get a good ten inches of snow over the next 36 hours. Oh, boy, I am looking forward to green grass. :-)

Rae Ann said...

Pat...this is a living nightmare! Sorry that someone was so thoughtless. Be very careful...you and your husband ...not to over do!

fabricartist21 said...

Yes sometimes the snow can be a nightmare but I forget about that as I have lived in the south for 35 years but do visit Alaska once in a while. Visit my blog and you will see just how much I love it. sorry about the pile of snow on your husbands van.