Yesterday our neighborhood Lakeside Ladies met for a quilting day. I showed them how to do the fractured diamond pattern that I showed here a few posts back as a table runner. The weather was horrible, so we had to walk very carefully into Sherry's house. This first photo will be better to see if you click and enlarge it. (I didn't do such a great job with the lighting.) Kaye was holding onto her hubby's waist from behind and shuffling along very slowly as he carried her bag of sewing supplies and helped her up the driveway and up the steps into Sherry's house. If you look closely, you can see Kaye laughing because we were teasing her that they looked like a little train chugging along!!!

Next we have Kaye tracing her template onto her fabric as Linda is looking on and chatting. Linda didn't do any sewing today. (Linda is the least "sewingest"...is there such a word....of us in the group but we love her anyway...and when she DOES sew, she does a very nice job!)

Then....Sherry is here tracing her template onto her fabric....

And...Joann tracing hers....

The only show and tell yesterday was by Sherry....who showed us the items she made for the baby shower this upcoming weekend for her nephew's wife........and the remaining photos are what Sherry showed us today. (THANKS to Rhonda for sending me the templates for these gals....they were tickled to use them for their runners...and hopefully, I'll have runner photos to show soon.) Here is one of the two reversible bibs Sherry made and showed us....

And a cute changing pad....

And a cute quilt (showing the front here and the back in the last picture)......I'm sure the mommy-to-be will be very happy with the things Sherry made.


Since we were all getting "cabin fever" AND we have another storm expected to start today and add several more inches to the mess we already have on the ground, it was good to get together yesterday! I hope this new storm doesn't cause any power outages as some are still without power from the weekend storm.
20 comments:
great projects Pat.It is nice to have some friends to sew with amist all the snow.
LOL @ Kaye!! So glad you girls had a great day of sewing!!! More snow? ekkkkkkkkkk
They canceled school here today before it even started because of the snow! We're to get 8-10 inches by tomorrow afternoon. Hope you guys get missed this time!
We have another day of rain here. I am still glad it isn't snow like you have. (Although if we were out of work I could get a lot of sewing done!)
You ladies always have such fun together. And it shows!
You gals are living proof that nothing stops a quilter!
I wish I knew of some ladies in my building who quilt. In the meantime, I'll just sew with my stepdaughters and try to teach my niece.
It is always so nice to get together and sew with friends.
Looks like you all had fun, isn't so much fun to tease our friends LOL. Linda must be a very serene person to be able to sit and not sew too :0)
Crispy
I can tell you had a fun day and that alone will help you all get through the next storm. Hope the power stays on. What a lucky baby that will get all those gifts!
As always you have a lovely group.
Love all the projects and meeting your friends. You be careful on that snow...you were brave to go out in it...
It looks like you all had a wonderful time!
Snow days have their advantages.
Micki
Sherry's baby shower gifts look great, I love how she made a different to normal shape change mat, that's a great idea. Linda looks like she'd keep you all entertained conversation-wise so that's not such a bad thing. Can't wait to see the tablerunners. Hugs Naomi
Glad sewing fun was had by all...well except Linda but then watching others sewing can be fun too...;-)
So what did you get done????
Raining lard cans here I mean really!!
Suppose to be just wet nasty mess tomorrow with snow, rain, sleet.
At least snow is pretty!!
Okay sorry..maybe not when it is almost to the roof!!
Stay snug!
Lola
Woohoo another quilt day gathering!
Fun stuff, and wonderful sew & tell Pat! Thanks for sharing once again...
Happy stitches and stay warm! 8-)
looks like a good time had by all!
Great get-together with sewing friends is always a good thing.
I can't believe you all went out in that weather!!!
But, it does look like you all had fun!
It looks like you ladies had a fun time...even if there was alot of snow. There's not too many things that can keep a true group of quilters apart!
I think it was very nice seeing all of the projects with the ladies, and everyone all having fun. Such joy. That's what quilting is all about.
Post a Comment