Thursday, February 11, 2010

More fun with the pineapple ruler....


A few days back, I showed 4 scrappy blocks I made with the new pineapple ruler I got. Yesterday I made one that was all planned in my favorite color....this green one shown here...and used some of the green floral fabric my blogging buddy, Barb, sent me from American Samoa. I want to make a small wall-hanging with this one block... set on point... and put it on a small quilt hanger in my living room. If my stash had a fabric that looked really good for the setting triangles, I'd have worked on finishing the project.....but I'm not sure I like the one fabric that MIGHT work...just might need to go to the quilt shop for more fabric if the roads ever get cleared and the shop can reopen. *sigh* Blizzard again yesterday (second one in 4 days) and several roofs collapsed in our area.....very scary (luckily nobody hurt in any of the collapses as some of the buildings were unoccupied as they were closed for bad weather....and the others heard the noise of the roof caving in and got out on time)....and I hope this is the end of it. Winter can end now as far as I am concerned!!!

30 comments:

Terry said...

Love the pineapple block! It's on my list of things to try someday! I agree about the snow! Enough is enough!!

Betsy said...

Pat great block. I do agree that winter needs to end NOW

Barb said...

What a wonderful block....the greens go so nicely, will make a wonderful wall hanging.

Wow, didn't know buildings were collasping...

Crispy said...

Oooo pretty block!! I agree winter can quit anytime soon. It's so scary when roofs start collapsing.

Crispy

Jackie's Stitches said...

Very pretty block. The fabrics that Barb sent are wonderful.

I'd never thought of roofs collapsing from the weight of the snow. I agree - very scary.

Gene Black said...

Oh my, roofs caving in are very scary! My carport caved in from the Alabama blizzard of 1993 - but it had a flat roof.

I really like the green pineapple block. I think I need some green and sun about now. I am tired of brown and grey.

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh it's pretty!!
Glad you could wrap your brain around "getting" the ruler!

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty block!

luv2quilt2 said...

The pretty block is really an inspiration to get that ruler and try some for myself. I hope the snow is done for you so that you can get back to normal activities.

Kathy said...

What a pretty block. I'll have to check out this ruler you are talking about.

Kathy said...

Nice block. I'm glad to see you are dong something constructive while snow bound!

Today (Thursday) is such a beautiful day, with blue skies and sunshine and everything snow-covered. Unfortunately, no snow plows on the horizon. Maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

Stay warm.

quiltingnana said...

your last few entries have been great....finally getting around to posting a comment

LINDA BYLSMA said...

The block is stunning!
I hope spring comes soon for you.

Needled Mom said...

I really do like it in the greens, Pat. What about white in your setting blocks? It would make it bright and cheery as well as allow you to do some fancy quilting.

JustCindy said...

I love the pineapple block. Do you think it would be rude if we gave winter a going away party? I don't care for the cold.

Rosa said...

The block is really awesone and I have to get that ruler.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Very pretty block, Pat! I really like the color/pattern choices. I'm ready for winter to end, too!

Rhonda said...

I can't imagine that much snow....rain, yes but snow....oh dear.

The Other Barb said...

you are going to town with the pineapple ruler blocks. So pretty.

Sara said...

I really like that block!!! It is lovely - and I know it's green!

Glad you are safe and no problems with snow at your place...(other than it being a pain in the butt)

Joyful Quilter said...

Love the block and the fabrics you chose, I can see why you want to make it into it's own wall hanging.

Mary Anne Drury said...

VERY pretty !!! You'll be ready for springtime (if it EVER gets here) and St Patrick's Day!

julieQ said...

First of all, love your block and I have ruler envy! Gosh, that sounds scary about the roofs caving in. We have about 6 inch of snow right now, and that is a lot for here, but nothing from where you are. Stay safe.

Alice Grace said...

Beautiful block! And I love your choice of colors!

Rachel said...

Ooohh nice. You need fabric for the setting triangles? Ha! Any excuse to go to the quilt shop, eh?

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great block Pat!

Rae Ann said...

I love your block Pat! Hope you are doing well in all that snow!

Pat said...

Like the way your coming with the pineapple blocks, Pat. That ruler seems like a good thing for those pineapple blocks.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love this. It is better than a traditional pineapple. Really.

Barb said...

Love the pineapple block and the greens--green is my favorite color! I am catching up with your blog--I have missed a few of your posts! Love your blog!