
Yesterday I got this in the mail....I know...I know...it looks messy as I tore open the envelope and dumped the contents on the floor to get a quick look at them. It's the 8 baggies of fabric along with the block pattern names selected for the no-sew red/white/blue block swap I entered. Kathleen who organized it (click HERE for her blog) kindly included a red/white/blue tissue pack cover. I am excited to start this project as I don't have any red/white/blue quilt....and have wanted one for awhile. One of the baggies of fabric came from England and another from Germany. What FUN!!!
Today I am going with my friend, Kathy, to meet up with Steph, a quilter from Maryland, and her mom (who also quilts). Click HERE for Steph's blog. We will have lunch and then we will take them to our favorite local quilt shop. I will try to remember to take some pictures for a blog post about our afternoon.
22 comments:
sounds like a great day Pat. enjoy yourself.
OOoh fun! Tell Steph I said hi!
Great mail. I love it.
Sounds like you are going to have a great time!! Say hello to Steph!
What a neat package! I was actually thinking about organizing a red white and blue block exchange. I may still do it.
Sounds like so much fun! Sure wish you were coming my way again this year..;-(
Lots of fun blocks for you to sew up!!
You will be in block sewing mode yet again!!
Lola
Wahoo treasures!!!
Have a fun day with your friends!!
Enjoy your day! Sounds wonderful!!
Sounds like a fun day -- have a good time. The no sew swap also sounds interesting. I may have to go see what this is all about.
sounds awesome, I hope you gals have a blast.
What fun!!
What fun!!
A quilter's field trip -- sounds like fun.
You have your work cut out for you!
Oh, have fun shopping!!
More block fun for you, Pat, and we will get to see more photos of blocks! Cool!
Love those little block packs. Looks like a lot of fun,Pat. Have fun at the quilt shop.
Have fun.....I wish I could come!!
I want to see what you come back with from the quilt store...hehehe
Looks like a lot of fun! Sounds like a great day!
That looks like great fun Pat! I've always wanted a patriotic quilt too!
I'm going to have to check out the no sew swaps! I think it sounds like a fun idea. I love patriotic quilts and I can't wait to see how yours turns out.
Oooo what fun!! Now get busy sewing so we can see the quilt :0)
Crispy
Post a Comment