Sunday, February 14, 2010

The best-laid plans.....


Well...no sewing yesterday as I finished one batch of medical typing and got yet another. I decided to do that one right away.....so maybe now I will have a few days with NO typing. Today we are going to NJ for the day to see our daughter and one of the granddaughters. I will be sure to take a couple of photos! We've not seen them since the week before Christmas when we were caught in a bad snowstorm up there, so I'm looking forward to seeing them. So...new sewing yesterday BUT a nice "present" came for me....let's call it my Valentine's gift to myself.....it came in this wild, neon pink envelope. (I didn't even know envelopes were available in that color!!!) It is the newest book from quilt designer, Judy Laquidara......"Weekend Quilts". Judy is a very gifted, creative individual and she has a blog that is a lot of fun. If you want to visit her blog, click HERE and tell her that Pat in Delaware sent you! She puts a lot of free patterns on her blog and is just a fun / funny person....and her blog is one I truly enjoy. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all of you!!!

19 comments:

Barb said...

I hope you have a fun time with your daughter and grand daughter....

Tangos Treasures said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!Nice gift you got for yourself!
Have fun in NJ!

Betsy said...

Pat have a safe and fun trip to your daughters. The book looks interesting. I will go and check oput her blog.

Unknown said...

Yes, I follow Judy and am looking forward to getting her new book too. Love the envelope it came in. Where in NJ are you going? That is where I was born and raised, my family still lives there. I hope you have a wonderful visit.

Crispy said...

Oooo nice looking book, wonder what you will make first. Enjoy your time with the grands!!

Crispy

Gene Black said...

Have a great time visiting.

I am interested to see what you will make from that book. I will be checking her website.

Unknown said...

have a great trip.......Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Just checked the site link you posted, Pat. I'm astounded by her "stash report"! It would take so much time for me to calculate something like that. It's always nice to have links for new ideas.

luv2quilt2 said...

Enjoy your visit with your daughter. I look forward to see what you will make from your new book.

The Other Barb said...

Nice present to yourself :) I had to laugh at the bright pink envelope. That's so neat! Have a nice day with your family.

andsewon said...

Have a fun day!!Safe travels!
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Hugs,
Lola

Jocelyn said...

I love reading Judy's blog. Life with her chickens has been interesting.

Rachel said...

Sometimes it's best to buy your own presents - at least you get what you want!

Happy Valentine's Day, Pat ♥ Have a great day with your daughter and granddaughter. Safe travels!

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

I like the idea of sending a Valentine's gift to myself. I will try that next year. :-) Judy is a very talented quilter and blogger. So, what project are you going to make?

Rhonda said...

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Sara said...

Have a good time with the "girls" - and I'm going to check out the blog - that book looks really good.

Beeshebags said...

Awwww you so tricked me...thought your new post was going to be about more pineapple ruler stuff....lol Well done at not being as predictable as I thought....hugs Naomi

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Tell me Pat, can you use your new Weekend Quilts book during the week, or do you have to wait for the weekend? It looks like fun. Hope you had a safe and fun trip to NJ.

Val said...

And I thought that I was the only lucky one! You will enjoy this I am sure. I am going to visit her blog. Happy Valentines Day.