Thursday, January 1, 2009

Okay.....enter the big giveaway TODAY.....

Edited to add: This giveaway is now closed. The 2 winners' names as picked with a random # generator are: The Yellow Spoon (from Texas), who won first prize and num1rd (Paula...no blog...from Ohio), who won the second prize. I am waiting to hear their snail-mail addresses. If no reply within a reasonable amount of time, I'll draw new names for the prizes. Thanks, Debi for your great organizational skills with this fun giveaway event!

If you read last night's post here, you know the big Whirl Into Winter giveaway starts today. Debi (our contest organizer) had us post our "rules" yesterday so everyone could be ready to jump in and join today. We LOVE Debi!!! SO....re-read the rules from my post last night and then leave your comment here today if you are entering the fun. Be sure I can reach you on January 16 if you are the winner whose name I draw on January 15. AND...if you have a blog and post a link to THIS post on your blog, let me know you are doing that. Once I go and see that on your blog, I'll put your name into the drawing twice!

So..what are you waiting for? Re-read my December 31 evening message here for the rules (you know we all have rules and they need to be followed!!! I MUST have your little story as part of your comment or your entry isn't "valid".) Enter here and then click on that cute snowflake to enter LOTS of contests with LOTS of chances to win!!!

GOOD LUCK to all!

Edited to add: Since some have commented on my post LAST night, I will include them IF they commented on Jan. 1 THEIR time as well as count those who comment HERE on the Jan. 1 post. BUT..please be sure to tell me your favorite quilting project in your post in order for your comment to count. Thanks!

159 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is a Norman Rockwell "Four Freedoms" that I did for one of my sons for Christmas. The Quilter Sharon, did an awesome job on the quilting, and it was so nice I hated to part with it. My son really was pleased with it. as he collects Norman Rockwell plates and other memorabelia. NanaBarto@aol.com

Tangos Treasures said...

Good morning
My favorite was making my first quilt when I was seperated from my Ex. I started it in Oct 96 & finished it Jan 97. Machine pieced & hand quilted. I have it on my bed now. I entered it our show & won a second place ribbon it!
Jewel box is the pattern I used & did it all in jewel colors with a WOW background.
I'm going to put this up on my blog too!
Thank you for the chance to win your giveaway!!
Tango

quiltingnana said...

my favorite was a quilt that I made for a special friend, Rachael, as a retirement gift. The fabric had butterflies on it to symbolize freedom. The pattern was adapted from a book, Quiltmaker's Gift, that she gave me as a present. The colors were blue and gold to symbolize the college where we both worked. I enjoyed planning and making the quilt and thought about her a lot while I was making it. I keep a picture of her wrapped in the quilt and she often writes to me telling me she cuddles under the quilt when she reads.

Ruth said...

My favorite project was the three purses that I made for various blog swaps that I was in. I love making purses and go to my favorite quilt shop on the weekends to sew.

Lindabee said...

Happy New Year, Pat. May fav quilt project(s) are the two sampler quilts that I made in classes that I took. They are hand pieced, and I learned so much about piecing. One quilt was made from scraps purchased from Pat Sloan. Love them. I certainly have a link from my blog to yours.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is one I'm still working on - Angels for all Seasons by Lynda Howell. I purchased this online as a block-of-the-month, intending to make it for my mother, who loved angels so much. Two months after I started the program, my mom died. I put it all in a box and let it sit for 5 years. I pulled it out early in 2008 and began to work on it. The fused applique is nearly finished, and I hope to have it completed soon. cassanello at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilt I made was a flower basket I hand pieced and hand quilted. It was queen size and I had fun just picking out all kinds of florals as I came across something I liked. It now belongs to my daughter who uses it all the time and I love that. Sandi in AL

Nancy said...

My favorite quilt project was a row by row I did on Pat Sloans group. I have an absolutely beautiful House Quilt made by 5 members of my group. It hangs in the living room...

Sara said...

My favorite quilting project this year was making my daughter's quilt. The fact that it got completed and sent to her for Christmas made me feel great! It was a special project.

Anya said...

My favorite project was my Shakespeare in the Park quilt based on Judy Martin's pattern. Thanks for the chance to win!

crafty diane said...

My favorite quilting project has been the Alabama quilt I am working on for my brother.
May God richly bless you this New Year,
Diane

Vickie E said...

I've been quilting for over 10 years...it's tough to pick just one favorite. I will have to say it is a quilt I made for my oldest daughter, she's 7. When the little sister arrived she had her own quilts, but one day while hers was being laundered...my older daughter lent her quilt to the little one. Needless to say, my older daughter hasn't gotten her quilt back. So my joy is that both girls will have used the quilt and loved it.

Katie Z. said...

My favorite quilt project was... an Irish chain quilt for my daughter Brigid.

Kim said...

I think my most favorite quilt to make was my first one. I was so excited and had no clue what I was doing. I did put your link on my blog Pat. Nice Blog you have.

Rhonda Martin said...

My favorite quilting project was a queen size quilt with matching pillows that I made for my niece's graduation gift. I used her school colors maroon and white and on every white square I transferred pictures of all her friends and her growing up together. I even managed to get her prom picture on the last square. The hard part was sneaking her pictures from her bedroom without her noticing them missing. But with a little help from a best friend we pulled it off. I poured all my love for her into that quilt and I don't think I will ever match it. It was a lot of work but also a lot of fun~! I added a link to your giveaway on my sidebar and posted about the Whirl into Winter on my blog. Thanks for Sharing and Happy New Year :)

Kathy said...

My favorite quilt to make was one I made in 2008. It was for my son. He called me everyday from Virginia (I live in Texas) to tell me how freezing he was -- LOL! I thought of him and my daughter-in-law with every stitch.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is a project that was made as a gift for a good friend. It is a quilt yet to be given to her upon her retirement....is in her colors (blue and white). She has often offered guidance to me when needed and I have come to value it. The pattern of the quilt is called Mariners Compass and since we live by the Atlantic Ocean in a shore community, this was perfect! I know she will love the quilt as much as I grew in creating it for her.

Betsy said...

my favorite quilting project was the picnic quilt and matching bag and pillows I made for my teenage daughter.

Terri S said...

My favorite is a queen-sized log cabin quilt that I made for my in-laws for their 50th wedding anniversary. They both passed away in the last couple of years and my sisters in-law gave the quilt back to me. I treasure it.

Rebecca said...

My favorite project was a lap quilt I made for myself.

CJ said...

Well the only quilt project that I started and finished in 2008 was a Lakeside Charm quilt for my daughter. She took it off to college with her. That would have to be my favorite.

GoldenThreads said...

Happy New Year Pat!

My very favorite quilt project, is my very first quilt. (Finished Nov. 2008)

Made with the Moda Portebello fabric line, the fabrics are just gorgeous.

Health & Happiness in 2009!
Tamara

medlegalanalysis@knology.net

Mel said...

My most favorite quilt project would have to be my Dear Jane, made over several years with some dear friends!

Happy New Year!!

Sue said...

I've literally finished hundreds of quilts so it's really hard to pick a favorite. One that comes to mind is the one I made for my brother in law and his wife. It was appliqued and embroidered and took me 450 hours. My brother in law said, of my sister in law opening it "there were tears."

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm only on my 2nd project...I just started quilting in October. So far, this project is my favorite. It's called Down the Road and it's really helped me improve my skills on getting the corners of the blocks to match up! I can honestly say that I'm really enjoying quilting!

lisbethw said...

hen i was working whith my thimbleberiies charmpack...
http://lisbethw.zoomin.se/P1593172

gag7949 said...

My favorite quilt is always the one I am working on. One I most recently completed is a scrappy 4-patch that has a color gradation from light to dark and I machine quilted it myself (What I consider the 'hard' part.) My granddaughter put some of the 4-patches on the design board so I completed those for her as a doll quilt. Now she wants to 'make a quilt' every time she visits. Thanks for this giveaway. Happy New Year! Gayle in TN

The Yellow Spoon said...

My favorite quilting project was my first one. I took a class and made a sampler quilt. I learned a lot, found out that quilt shop ladies are nice and knowledgeable, and it opened a up whole new world for me. At my mother's insistence, I name the quilt Bright Beginnings. It was indeed. =)

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

Hi Pat,
Okay, I am stumped. At any given moment the project I am working on is my favorite!!!......but if I have to name one, it would be a project that is done with 30's print fabrics that I only work on when I go to a summer retreat at Bonnie's Quilt Haven. When I am working on the quilts - which I hope to finish in this next year - I am always reminded of my Grandma, my Great Grandma, Aunt Marie, my mother and all the ladies of the church that quilted in the Ladies Aide group. :-)

Stacey said...

My first quilt was just finished. I am new to quilting so do not have any other experience.
Stacey
luv2knit@roadrunner.com

Val said...

Hi Pat! Fun times to start the New Year! I will put a mention on my blog today about your giveaway. I'd have to say my favorite quilting project was a scrap quilt I made while my husband was out of work about 7 years ago. It helped me tremendously to deal with that stress as we'd just bought a new home with a much larger mortgage facing us and he was no longer a youngster to start on a new career path. Quilting is very soothing and healing for me. Happy New Year to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilting project was 2 years ago when I made quilts for my 3 children. It was alot of work but well worth it and they loved their gifts.

www.welovequilting.com said...

I guess my favorite quilt was the one I made from Jackie Robinson's Eureka pattern that was accepted at American Quilters Society Quilt Show in Nashville, Tennessee last year. I treasure it. It took me 5 months to complete and to me is so beautiful. I enjoyed making it so much and it gave me so much confidence.
It can be seen on my website as well as a really good pictures on my blog.
Thank you
Chris Wheeler
www.welovequilting.com
www.welovequilting.com/blog

Sherri said...

My most favorite quilt project is a toss-up between the hexagon quilt I am currently working on, and will be working on for years to come and the remake/repair of my great grandmother's fan quilt.
Sherri
http://walkerlady.blogspot.com/

Rita E in AZ said...

My favorite project was a jewel box quilt I made for my first granddaughter.
Rita E in AZ
requilt (at) yahoo (dot) com

Decor To Adore said...

I am new to quilting and believe my favorite project still lies ahead. :)

Great giveaway! Mine starts on Friday so please stop by.

I hope that the new year holds many wonderful possibilities for you.

Amy said...

My favorite quilting project was a patchwork quilt I made as a teenager. It's the only quilt I have made so far.
thanks

Harley Dee said...

Happy New Year! I can't give my favorite quilting project, because I've never quilted before! :) But I got a new sewing machine for Christmas, and I'm getting ready to dive into it headfirst :)

andsewon said...

Oh my I have had several favs over the years. One that comes to mind though is a red and white school house block quilt I made for my best bud for her to hang in her new log cabin over the loft rail.
I also love the scrappy baby/kid quilts I have made, some quilted by hand others tied.
Happy New year.
Lola

Terry said...

My favorite quilting project is the one I just finished. It's just a little Christmas wall hanging but it's the first quilt thing I've done start to finish since I got back into quilting. It's small but I love it! Now onto bigger and better projects! :0)

Needled Mom said...

Just one project???? Oh dear! I suppose it would have to be my first quilt of which I was so incredibly proud. Now I look at it and am thankful that I did not give it as a gift. I have come a loooooong way since then.

Debi said...

My favorite project is my Polka Dot Girls stitcheries which will become a quilt when finished.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilting projects was one of my rare FINISHED projects. I made a Noah's Ark quilt out of homespuns and flannels....needle turned applique ...and completed for my grandson BEFORE he turned 1! He is now nearly 5, and the quilt is no longer used, but many photos include that made with love quilt that was a combination of many quilt pattern pieces, die cuts and cookie cutters for images.

Anonymous said...

My favorite project was probably the very first quilt I made. I made it for my daughter when she was two and was made from scraps of all the little dresses I had made for her. She is now 27 years old and still loves it, I've had to replace the binding twice!

Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Pat! My favorite quilting project I've ever done was a scrappy quilt I made for a friend of mine -- I showed her the quilt in the book, and she helped me shop for the fabrics, lay it out, and shop for border fabrics, never knowing it was intended for her! I also had some co-conspirators -- one friend made me a label, and another one helped me find a fabulous backing for it! Sadly, I'm blogless, but I'll take my one entry -- and thank you ;-)

What is an Ostomy said...

My favorite quilt I made was a queen size applique quilt for my husband the pattern was various flowers by piece of cake. I hand quilted the entire quilt. I would love to win your giveaway.
crangellaw@yahoo.com
lqs-ohmy.blogspot.com

Lovie said...

Favorite quilt project - Grandmother Flower Garden. I had flower rounds from my grandmother and her mother (my great-grandmother). I felt honored to include their flowers into a quilt that was made for my mother. This quilt above all others means the most to me.

Ruby said...

One of my all time favorite quilts that I've finished is my Santa of the month quilt. I started it in 1998 and finished it in 2006. Thanks for entering me in your giveaway.

Gari in AL said...

This is easy. My favorite quilt project was a quilt called "Flight to Alabama." I made it while planning to move from FL to AL after having to evacuate 5 times (hurricaines). The quilt hangs in my bedroom and I love it: it is the only art quilt I have ever made.

Tina said...

My favorite quilt was one I did for my husband called winter blues a samplier in blue and white and a small dap of othe colors.

Pinky said...

My favorite quilt was one called Crossed Canoes I made for my son. It was all white and blue scraps and when held up your see large circles when there was no curved piecing. Does that make sense? :) Thanks for entering my name in your giveaway. karleen rtnkt@charter.net

Anonymous said...

My favourite quilt is Blessings Remembered, I fell love with an antique quilt and reproduced it in blue and cream. Love to be in the draw. Regards Lyn

Kritta22 said...

I just started quilting this past Fall and love it. My favorite project so far has been my sister's quilt out of a Moda Jelly Roll!

Kritta22@hotmail.com

Thank you for such a great giveaway!

julieQ said...

Thank you for your generous heart! My favorite quilt as of late is my Carolina Crossroads!!

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilt project was the first quilt I ever made. And it was a biggy. I told my son he could give me a quilt pattern for xmas as I had just taken my first quilt class. you can imagine my surprise when I opened Debbie Field's BOOK, Spirit of the Northwoods, 12 block appliqued northwoods scenes. And he wanted a king size!!! But I did it & will treasure the memories always.
(tegens@charter.net)

QuiltNut Creations said...

my most favorite quilting project would be also my longest. my king-sized thangles quilt that took 22 months for me to make lol

thanx for the chance Pat!

paront1222@comcast.net said...

Hi Pat,
Thank you for entering my blog contest.
I am HOPING I can win yours :)
What's my favorite? Hmmmm...I think the one I made my mom. It was all 30's churn dash's with kona white and used a piano key border. Since Mom was born back then it only made sense to make that for her.
Peggy in NJ<--where it's lightly snowing today
paront1222@comcast.net

Cathi said...

Great giveaway!

My favourite project? I guess it was the king-size quilt using 1" hexagons and elongated hexagons which I hand pieced -- all in shabby chic fabrics. It took about 11 months to piece and turned out exactly as I had hoped.

Idaho Quilter said...

my favorite projest was French Roses quilt.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilting project was the sewing machine cover I made for my granddaughter on Dec. 23, 2008. She is eight years old, and I gave her her first sewing machine the next night - Christmas Eve. The cover I made was a pretty pastel pink and had tiny baby blue tulips on it. I also added a machine embroidery of a sewing machine to it. I guess I was really proud that she admired my sewing projects so much that she actually hoped to learn to sew! jwats925@charter.net

House of Mouse said...

My favorite quilt project was my first quilt (I used Mickey Mouse Fabric)and I made it for me.

free indeed said...

My favorite project was a kalidoscope I made years ago when I first took a quilting class. I made it in fall colors to reflect what naure was doing around me....I hang it up every fall. Enter me for the FQs and pattern +. Thanks.

Linda in PA said...

My favorite quilt project to date was making a flannel rag quilt for a new granddaughter born this past October. Thanks for entering me in your drawing.
lraetaylor@gmail.com

Corinna said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my giveaway Pat!
My favorite project is always the one I'm currently working on. When I'm finished it the next project becomes my favorite. :o)
I do have a special affection for the first quilt I made when I was about 8.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilting project so far was a redwork quilt called Peek-a-Bo from American Patchwork and Quilting. I made it for my nieces son. It is so cheerful and combined my love of handwork with quilting!
- Amy, South Lyon, MI

Anonymous said...

I'll try again Pat! Thanks for the email to the group.
I though since I was using my gmail log in, my email would come through! But alas, it didn't! Thanks again. . . amy, South Lyon, MI
arochster@gmail.com

Jo Anne said...

Hi, Pat. Enjoy your blog and all your comments on the Sloanie group. My favorite project this year was a block of the month that was floral applique on log cabin blocks.

Becky said...

My favorite quilt is called Blueberry Pie. The pattern is by Silver Thimble Quilt Company. It is in blue and white fabrics. Currently it lives in my son't room. He sleeps in it every night.

Thanks so much for participating in this giveaway

Guilitta said...

First I wish you a happy new year and please give my name to the give away box.

my favorite Quilt was a quilt for my friends to her wedding witch took place 30 years ago. I took pitures and dit it on fabric and thes didn´t know anything.

i hope you understand my bad englisch and excuse the mistakes.

Greeting Guilitta from Germany

Carrie P. said...

My favorite quilting project last year was tree skirt of fabric and wool. Now I will resolve to hand quilt it this year.

Anonymous said...

I learned to hand piece from an elderly lady friend back in 1989. I soon then moved overseas and missed her terribly so worked on a small purple flowered wall-hanging all done by hand as a gift to her. She passed away just a few short years ago and now this first quilt is hanging in my sewing room.

Jeanne said...

I loved making my Dear Jane quilt. It is still in top form, but this year I hope to begin quilting it.

tisme said...

My favorite quilting project is an embroidered full scene quilt that my Mom, Grandma, and I hand quilted. My grandmother has passed away since and I cherish that quilt.
Tisgingy@msn.com

Paula said...

My favorite quilting project of 2008 was Baby Strings...made for my dear niece!!! I sure fell in love with that little girl. Thanks for the opportunity to play!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Hi Pat! My favourite project I've ever made is actually several. They've all been gifts to my mum. She loves and appreciates the quilty gifts I make. The latest one for her was the Christmas Ornament Wallhaning seen on my blog.

Samantha R said...

My favorite quilt projects so far have been the 2 t-shirt quilts I made from my high school sports t-shirts and other shirts I got in high school. I love the memories I have with those quilts!
sras7508 at gmail dot com

BarefootThunder said...

my favorite quilting project is one I am currently working on, it does not have a name yet. I designed it for my mom based on a picture she showed me from a magazine.

Janice said...

My favourite project is always when I do a log cabin quilt. Can't get enough of them.

Linda T said...

My favourite quilting project was one of my first quilts that I made. It was to be a crib quilt for my oldest, but it ended up being quite small. It is all handquilted, and now has the greatest texture to it. I rebound it last year after I found out a really good method of binding.

Count me in on your giveaway!

kathipink said...

My favorite quilting project was a green quilt for our son.

Thanks for taking part in the giveaway. Happy New Year!

kathi

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

My favorite project so far would have to be the beautiful queen size quilt I made for our bed. I saw a picture of a quilt in a Moda U. ad in a magazine, but could not locate the pattern anywhere... so I figured out how to make the quilt from the pattern. This may not sound like much, but it was my first "real" quilt ever! And it turned out pretty great.

Very nice prize! Thank you for the opportunity to enter your draw.

Cindy
creativecards@shaw.ca

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Hi Pat, my favorite quilt I made was a wallhanging that is above my couch in the family room. It is by Jan Patek, very primitive...it depicts 3 children on a sled but I put 4 because the last one is an angel...we lost our first child, so have made him an angel on this quilt to watch over his siblings.
Happy New Year!!! Hugs, Mary

Kari said...

Hello.
I would have to say my favorite is from Pat Sloan's patterns. i cannot think of the exact name but I just love her fabrics and patterns. this one had a purple cone flower. Happy New Year!!! Thanks for the give away.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year
I just completed the Turning Twenty pattern using reclaimed shirtings and really enjoyed doing it.
I will add a link to you on my blog list

Lori Lynn said...

My favorite quilt project was one I made out of husband's old flannel shirts! Disappeared in a move and I was NOT happy!
I put a link to your giveaway on my blog!!

Unknown said...

I think my favorite project was my grandfather's lap blanket. It was the first thing I tried to quilt!

http://mommasez.blogspot.com/2008/12/quilting-we-will-go.html

la_rubicita at yahoo dot com

Kim D. said...

I would love to be entered into your drawing. My favorite quilt in my post is the Framed Four Patch I made for my brother and sis-inlaw this year for Christmas. Thanks for the opportunity to win the gifts.

Jenna Z said...

I have loved so far a quilt that I made for Project Linus. It was a very girly string quilt with a pink/purple/orange theme and lots of cutesy bug prints. The center strings were all solid purple and made zigzags across the quilt. It was so cheery, I was sure it would make anyone smile, even if they were in the hospital!
beastbunny at hotmail.com

Rachel said...

My favourite quilt was the "Charm Stars" I made for my daughter. I started collecting the fabrics for it when she was 2 or 3 and finally finished the quilt when she was 11. I know that sounds pathetic, but I had never made a quilt before in my life. In the time between starting and finishing, I completed many other projects. There are over 200 different fabrics in the quilt.
rachel21mac@gmail.com

Dandelion Quilts said...

My favorite project was a Amy Butler bag, I love her patterns.

Michelle said...

My favorite quilting project was a quilt I made years ago for my grandfather. He often told us stories of growing up on the farm and watching his mom quilt. Unfortunately he never ended up with one of her quilts so I made him a one. He cried when he opened the box and cherished the quilt until his passing. It now resides safely in my hope chest.

Codi said...

i would love to win this! my email is codiandtim@gmail.com and my blog is deathbydenim.blogspot.com
my favorite quilting project is one i'm working on now, with my wedding pictures. and i'll post a link to your blog on mine

valerie2350 said...

my favorite is the little quilt I made when I was pregnant and on bed rest.

Jeri said...

Hi Pat, I've been quilting for a LONG time, over 20 years. I fall in love with all my projects. I would guess that my favorite is my yet-to-be finished New York Beauty quilt. I made a lot of good friends online while we worked on the blocks for this quilt. I haven't quilted this one yet but I have wonderful memories of the ladies who were making quilts from this pattern.

simplestitches said...

Hi and Happy New Year,
my favourite quilt is the one that I use for my photo, see opposite. Love the colours.
cheers Julz

Anonymous said...

I don't do much quilting anymore. But I did make one for my New Great Nice and Nephew. They are both a year old now.

Janie

Anonymous said...

My fav project was my very first. I recycled old wool suits and skirts from a thrift store, designed my own pattern, used flannel for the backing and tied it to finish. I was making it for my bed, but my son liked it so much I gave it to him. :)
I would want a place to display quilts and other projects for picture taking purposes. I have a hard time finding the right lighting and/or space for pics now. Cute runner
myzbarb(at)yahoo(dot)com

Farmhouse Blessings said...

My favorite quilting project was the first little doll quilt that I made when I was just a girl. I still have it and is such a reminder of simpler days.

Thanks for such a nice giveaway.

Wishing you joy in the coming year,
Lea

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilt project was for a patchwork velvet quilt that I made with crochet edging. I love it still. Thanks so much for the chance.

http://babasfarmlife.blogspot.com/
djsloan1953@yahoo.com

Agneta quilts said...

I prefer making bags, so any of my gazillions of bags will do!

agnetaquiltar@gmail.com

laurie in maine said...

I made a Sampler Quilt with black background - very colorful blocks stand out against the black. Fussy pieced with set-in seams so it wouldn't be a standard row sampler. My aunt took one look at it and said, "Oh, it's a just a hodgepodge."
So I made a quilt label and named it "Not Just a Hodgepodge!" ;)

Fulvia said...

Thank you very much for the opportunity to participate in this giveaway.

doni said...

I love scrap quilts. My favorites include Pat Speth's Nickel quilts. They go together so easily and each one is different!

Warm winter wishes!

doni @ Oregon coast

shauna said...

My favorite quilt project is probably the first quilt I ever made. It's not very pretty, but, if I hadn't signed up for that class I would have never known how much satisfaction quilting would bring me.

Anonymous said...

my fave quilting project so far has been a baby blanket i made for a friend. it was so hard to part with it.

texan_michael(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

sewing_passion said...

I've never actually completed a quilt. I have made Ohio star quilt blocks and used these for pillows. I planned to do do a doll quilt for my niece last year, but didn't get to it (maybe this year!)

~Bren~ said...

My favorite project was the Sunbonnet Sue I just finished for my granddaughter. I hand appliqued and hand quilted it. It came out beautiful.

Lindsey said...

I'm going to attempt my first quilting project this year! A baby quilt made from my daughter's outgrown baby clothes - I'm so excited! Thanks for the chance to win, too. :-)

Lindsey
ladyufshalott at yahoo.com

cedar chest quilts said...

Making Log cabin quilts--I just love the way they go together. I'm also enjoy making 9 patches--but they don't end up in a finished quilt, somehow. Angie

Anonymous said...

Wow, so many projects and so hard to pick a favorite! Right now I'm working with a friend on "All Roads Lead to the Sea" -- my first real scenic full-size quilt. I think I'm enjoying that as much as anything in the past. It's hard, lots of little pieces, so here's hoping it comes out OK.
Thanks for the fun!
Barbara
bmooj125@gmail.com

Lynn Osborne said...

My favorite was a t-shirt quilt I made for my daughter for graduation. It included t-shirts from school, clubs, church, etc. Very sentimental! Thanks for the chance to win the fat quarters. LynnOsborne[at]verizon[dot]net

Anonymous said...

My favorite was a quilt I made as a silent auction item for my daughter's Physician Assistant Studies class to help fund supplies for their medical mission trip to Nicaragua. It was "Five Easy Pieces" that I did in fall colors & called Stepping into Autumn. It turned out very nice & raised $150 towards their trip.
Paula in OH (num1rd@yahoo.com)

Melinda said...

My favorite project is my Christmas quilt which is also my
Y2K quilt. It is made from 2000 one inch hexagons of Christmas fabrics. I love this quilt.

Joyce said...

My favorite quilt project was the bed size quilt I made for my best friend when she married her high school sweetheart nearly 25 years after high school.

Mattie said...

My favorite quilt is one that I did with the scraps of another quilt. I did a thimbleberry quilt by doing a block a month and had so many scraps left over I did a whole scrap quilt..my first...and my fav. Thanks for the great giveaway. Dusty911@telus.net

Briarose said...

My favourite quilting project by far is the anniversary quilt I made for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary. It was a signature quilt. What a treat it was to re-connect with family and friends, both new and old! Claire

5acre Designs said...

My favorite project to date is one I made for Terry Clothier Thompson's latest book, "Red, Green & Beyond." I designed it myself based upon an antique quilt. Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!

Kama said...

this looks great! i just took my first quilting class last night and can't wait to make a quilt!! i am making the quilt from the class for my 3 month old son.

Anonymous said...

My favorite quilt was the one of the first quilt for my nephew's first child. It was a sailboat quilt. They got married on the lake.

lrmart said...

My favorite is a crayon quilt I did for my parents. I gave each of the 4 kids, 9 grandkids and 5 greatgrandkids a 12" block to design the way they wanted with crayons. It turned out great.

Anonymous quilter said...

It was a dinasour quilt for my nephew
My first quilt actually.

MOMFOREVERANDEVER said...

a pink breast cancer quilt done by many Happy New Year! mrs.mommyyatgmaildotcom

Maxwells said...

My fav is a round robin I did with my family. I just think it is so neat that all my aunts, grannie and cousins are in it.
tonimax@gmail.com

rachel griffith said...

how is it that i didn't enter this yet???
i was pretty sure that i did, but i didn't see my name.
hahaha.
oh well.

let's see...my favortie quilt project without a doubt would have to be the irish quilt i made my best friend mandie for her 30th birthday.

yep...that's the one.

thanks for hosting a giveaway.
*fingers crossed*

grendelskin said...

Happy New Year and thank you for participating!

I am a brand-new quilter - only halfway through my first top - so I don't have a favorite yet. I have two...well, three...well, four...more in my immediate plans,and one of those may end up being my favorite!

Gretchen said...

Hi! What a great giveaway! My favorite project is the next new project haha! I love starting new projects with all the fun new fabric and steps. My favorite completed project is made from Moda's Vintage Reserve line and is the pattern "Strawberry Pie"

Fiber Babble said...

First off, can I just have you pick out all of my fabric from here on? What wonderfully yummy combinations you're offering!

Okay. My favorite quilting project. Ever? Probably Patti's Quilt. A goofy, super-simple rail fence and raw-edge applique quilt, but I love the fabrics. It's certainly not my most impressive quilt, it just makes me smile!

Tracy in SW WA
FiberBabble

Debra said...

My favorite is a flannel quilt I made for my hubby- he actually uses it!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

My favorite quilting project was the purple and green hearts paper pieced quilt I did for my friend Nancy's baby. http://www.hookedonneedles.com/2008/10/my-first-paper-piecing-quilt-project.html You can see it there if you like. I just love the border on it and the blocks were fun to do.

Nice giveaway!

MGM

Karen said...

Hi! Happy New Year to you! I am very happy to have found your blog, and will return to it later. I am just beginning to quilt after waiting YEARS to start, and am gathering more fabric, hints and tutorials. Hope to finish my first simple quilt this month!

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

My favorite quilting project was a Round Robin quilt that I designed. I finally got around to visiting you Pat--great blog!

Sequana said...

My favorite quilting project is one I just finished. It's a wool throw in primitive designs done by Sue Spargo. All applique, and took me a month.

Happy 2009!

Mistea said...

My favourite quilting project so far has to be the one I managed to finish in four weeks - it is a sampler quilt that I made for a friends wedding from the patterns recieved in a fabric frolic. Half the fun was visiting all the shops to get the pattern pieces and some fabric of course. You are another very generous blogger. Thanks Tracey

LINDA BYLSMA said...

My favorite project is one I'm working on now. it's a landscape quilt of our farm. Currently I'm working on the alpacas and people. Total free form.
Linda

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

My favorite project was a Noah's Ark quilt I made for my first grandchild.
lindanuts@yahoo.com

busylizzy said...

I think my favorite project was a 30's quilt that was part of a swap. 50 ladies each made 50 blocks. It's one of my favorites.

Mistea said...

Okay - my email address is misqtee@gmail.com thanks Tracey

Debbie said...

I have a lot of favorite quilts, Pat. One of them is one that I made with 99 family photos and my own hand-dyed fabrics and hand-dyed perle cotton that I big stitch quilted it with.
Have fun.
http://debbiesfiberwork.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

Favorite project is the quilted wall hanging I made my husband for Christmas. It is our little family tree with our kids names and birthdays on it.

Joan J said...

My favorite is my very first quilt, hand pieced and hand appliqued, then hand quilted. Learning to piece by hand gives you a good foundation for machine piecing.

Busy Little Quilter said...

Hmm. I, too, thought I posted, but,like Rachel, I didn't see my name. I bet you were wondering where I was!!!

Like so many others in the giveaway my favorite quilt is always the one I'm working on. Then there are some UFO's that I'm almost done with that are my favorites, too!

I guess my favorite quilt I have made is my Stars and Chains. It is made from nine patch blocks, Jacob's Ladder blocks, and snow balls. Each block is 6 inches square and the quilt is a large queen size. I have made two of these quilts, so I guess they're my favorite.

My next one would be my Christmas quilt I made for my dining room table. I made it this past Christmas.

Thanks for doing the giveaway!

Kelly J said...

My favorite quilt project is probably my applique fish wall hanging. I love fish and I used great fabrics for the fish.

Thanks for participating in this great giveaway!!

Kelly
jojomomx5@yahoo.com

MeetMeIntheGarden said...

Hi,
My very favorite quilting project was what i did last winter. I made 35 kids flannel quilts to give to Children's Hospital (CHOP). I gave through an organization called Quilts for Kids, Inc. here in PA. Linda gets fabric from all kinds of sources and has quilts made for sick hospitalized children. If anyone has time to donate, they will supply the cut fabric that just needs to be sewn into quilts. Her name is:
Linda Arye'
Founding President
Quilts For Kids, Inc.
11 Effingham Road
Yardley, Pa. 19067
215-295-5484
She was profusely grateful for the quilts I sent (35 into 2 big boxes)...for her organization to distribute to CHOP.
If anyone has fabric that they no longer need, that would be appropriate, I am sure she would be ever so grateful. They also take donations to help with the shipping.
Thank you for your give-a-way and God Bless.
Carol
ps..I read about Linda Ayre in one of my national magazines. (Sorry, I can't remember which one.) Her idea of making quilts for sick kids was born when she saw so much fabric (samples, discontinued, etc.) just being thrown away in the trash. She took this fabric and turned it into quilts..for hospitalized kids.

Michelle said...

Hey Pat! My favorite quilting project of all time is probably a sampler/scrappy BOM that was offered online about 6-7 years ago. I just love it! It's been a family favorite ever since. My only regret is that it's only a double size and doesn't fit our queen bed.

maggie said...

My favorite was Country roads Sampler that I made for my middle daughter. Each block is appliqued and I really love it. I've said I would do one for me but to now I haven't managed it.

Sue D said...

My favorite quilting project was a doll quilt and pillow for my granddaughter--she loved it.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Crochet-n-Quilt said...

My favorite quilting project so far is probably my first quilt. I completed a quilt and found another hobby.

Julia said...

My favourite has to be my first ever quilt that I completed last year - not absolutely perfect, but all my own work!!

Thanks

Regards Julia :0)

Theresa N. said...

My favorite was a baby quilt for my grandaughter done in cross stitch.
Theresa N
weceno(at)yahoo(dot)com

Kathy ~~~ said...

My favorite quilting project is a bag with lots of pockets.

Dee said...

My favorite project is a cat quilt I made out of batiks with a fish boarder. Thank you for the opportunity. Dee - jessibir@hickorytech.net

Willow Lake Stitches said...

My favorite quilting project is this one. After I first got my quilting machine, I was eager to take my son ( who was in the Army and was soon to deploy on his first tour of Iraq ) to the quilt store and pick out fabrics for a quilt I would make him to take with. Here I was, eager to buy the nice manly fabrics and ready to piece AND quilt. . . and what he wanted was a wholecloth quilt made out of ripstop nylon ! He picked out a desert camoflage for one side and a tan for the other. I got to stitch in what ever I wanted. . . stars and stripes, " Our Hero" and a stay safe and we love you message. I loved making this quilt, it was king sized so he could wrap up in it when he was cold, he said it did keep him warm on those cold nights in winter, and the ripstop nylon was easy to keep clean from the sand. It helped me deal with his absence and knowing he was in harms way, by letting me "do" something for him. It was the best quilt I made. I even taught his wife how to do some of the quilting so she could share in this and my friends helped me trim it out as it was so large and hard to handle. It was with him for 2 tours in Iraq and he and the quilt are now safely home.

Thanks for the great giveaway. . . I enjoyed your blog. .

Beth in ND

Quiltmoose - Dagmar said...

My favorite project last year has been a little New Zealand quilt I made for my daughter while she was away in NZ for a school term.

Thanks for offering those wonderful prizes! Please count me in your drawing!

Dagmar from Germany

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

I made a lovely patchwork quilt with oriental inspired fabric and loved it!

mommyhoodisthankless{AT}gmail.com

Lynn said...

My favorite project this year was a baby quilt I made for one of my friend's from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting.

Tonje said...

My favourite quilting project was a Christmas tree skirt that I made for my parents this Christmas.

Have a great day!

Deb said...

My favorite project was a surprise quilt I made for my mom over 20 years ago. She never knew I was taking a class! Now my daughter owns the quilt and loves it.

Simone de Klerk said...

My favorite project was Magical Christmas by Lynette Anderson. It was so fun to make many many nights working on it!

Susan said...

My favorite quilt is my burgandy quilt I made for my king size bed. it is called "no borders" and it has a ribbon like edge and about a billion pieces hahahaha..
thanks
Susann (only1949@yahoo.com)