Tuesday, January 27, 2009

UFO's........*sigh*


I call them UFO's (Unfinished Objects).....others call them WIP's (works in progress). Whatever you call them, I think 99% of quilters HAVE them......right?? Well....this is just one of many I have. This one was started in a class taught by Barbara Barber from England. She calls it "Clamshells". I took the class at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in February of 2007. I really should try to work more on this soon. It's not even going to be big, so it's not like I have a lot more left to finish......but I just never kept going forward with it. Hopefully, I can remember how to do it now!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a very cute eye-catcher, Pat!

Kathy said...

Girl, I have TONS of UFOs. hehehehehe. I love the clamshells; you can get it finished!

Anonymous said...

I love the clamshells and the colors you are using. I have way too many UFO's, just like any quilter, but I'm working on them.

Needled Mom said...

Very pretty. I always enjoy Barbara Barber's projects. She is an inspiration for quilters.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

First, I love your term UFO's. I will have to adopt that term. And the clamshells are beautiful! You definitely should work on this one.
I hope all is well with you and yours.

Barb said...

Different, I saw a bedspread made from clam shells....but it was from the 70's. Have a ton of those projects.

Nanette Merrill said...

I love clamshells. THey are so fun. These are set rather darling too.

Myra said...

That is very intriguing! I can't tell from the photo, are the sections sewn down to each other, or is it kind of 3D?
Another thing for WIPs and UFOs is PHD (projects half done) I tell friends that I am working on my PHD! 8-)
Your Mini-Monthly Memories is a very cut little wall hanging...

Tonje said...

Very cute clamshells! Love the colours you've used.

Betsy said...

I like this. Is is hard??