Monday, January 12, 2009

New readers......


One of the nice things about being in a giveaway is that your blog link gets "out there" and you get more readers. During the course of this giveaway, I have gotten some new readers (THANKS...and I hope you continue to read here). I have also met a couple of new bloggers who are looking for more readers. I have added a few to my list on the sidebar here. One gal, Rachel in Canada...see her picture in this post.....has a very nice blog called Not So Plain Jane and I'd like for you to go and check hers out by clicking here. Leave her a comment and go back and check her out every couple of days, okay? If you don't have a blog, I can't begin to tell you how discouraging it is to do this and not have anyone read it...as you so want to share your ideas and projects with others. If you DO have a blog, then try to recall how it was when you first began....and then go and give Rachel a "hello", and tell her I sent you, okay? (Also look over my blog list on the sidebar and see if there are ones that are new to you....and try to visit some of them bit-by-bit when you have time!) THANKS, loyal blog readers. You are the BEST!

9 comments:

LINDA BYLSMA said...

How kind of you to invite people to visit a new blogger! I need some more visitors and followers, so I hope some of your visitors will pay me a visit also.
Fiberfabrications. Linda B.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I just visited Rachel a couple of days ago for the first time! I'm off to check out the others and come visit me too!

Anonymous said...

Awww...Pat, this is very sweet of you! Being new to blogging is indeed a challenge. The desire to share is frustrating if it feels like no one is on the receiving end. Also, being "social" on the computer within any group often becomes cliquish, but with your open mind and generous attitude, we are reminded we can avoid that while making new friends who have the same interests. Thank you!
Also, thanks for adding my blog to your sidebar. Cheers everyone, and don't forget to leave even a one word comment if you visit someone's blog you enjoy. It takes only seconds, but goes a long heartwarming way for the blogger who learns there folks are out there receiving the sharing. I'm now off to visit "Not So Plain Jane"...lovely photo!

Rachel said...

Pat, YOU are the BEST!
Thanks for the "spotlight". I am enjoying hearing from your lovely friends and, now, my blog friends.

I always check the sidebars on people's blogs. If I like theirs, then chances are I'll like their "friends'" blogs. I now have a list of about a hundred I check in on. Very enjoyable!

Sara said...

I'm on my way to visit...always like to see what new bloggers are up to...

andsewon said...

I sure will....very pretty lady!!!
That is how I get around the blog land... I click on the shared balogs, such fun too!!
Hugs,
Lola

Tonje said...

How sweet of you! Half the fun of blogging is to read the comments you get, and to get to know new people.

I'm off to check that new blog out now....

Unknown said...

I too am new to blogging. I posted a "giveaway" after being so excited about the Whirl into winter giveaway. I actually entered all 60 of those drawings. However, after posting my giveaway more than a week ago, I had no comments. NOTHING. I was really disappointed. Just before reading this blog, I deleted my giveaway. I don't know how to get my name out there and get people coming to my blogspot. I should have become involved in the Whirl giveaway. Thanks so much, your blog touched me.

Busy Little Quilter said...

Pat, you're so sweet. I'm so glad you joined blogland. :)