Friday, October 22, 2010

Trip wrap-up......

Yes....all good things must come to an end and our fall-foliage trip was no exception. Here, in no particular order, are some of my favorite miscellaneous photos from the hundreds we took on the trip. Some were taken in Virginia and some in North Carolina. We have some excellent video, too....and maybe one day I'll put a trip video or two on my blog (during the cold winter months when I need something to life my spirits!) But....for now, I hope you enjoy these. Click on them to see them in greater detail...and if you click twice, you will see them even beetter. Thanks to all of you who followed along as I posted about our trip and made such kind comments about the photos. First....alpacas at a farm on the Blue Ridge Parkway! This next one is to show you that we were on some really steep roads. Click twice on the photo to read the sign. When you see signs like that, you know you are in some serious mountains! I tell you, it is often hard to keep your eyes on the road when seeing things like this along the way!

20 comments:

Gene Black said...

You are really making me want to take a "mountains" trip.

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow beautiful!!
So different from South East NC!

andsewon said...

Very pretty!! Black Mountain is quite the 'lift' too! I love being in the mts just hate the ride up and back down... hahaha!
Lola

Anonymous said...

I remember those roads and those switchbacks... OY!

Crispy said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Crispy

hetty said...

Fantastic photos! I love those mountains.

Kaye said...

Georgeous fall foliage pictures. Looks a lot like New England in the fall. NH has some beautiful mountains. Thanks for sharing!

Beth said...

We used to drive from Illinois to South Carolina to see Grandma (when I was a kid). I loved the trees and animals, the twists and turns, not so much. LOL
Trips are fun, but there is no place like home.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty foliage! We are seeing some colors in south Jersey too, but this is a strange year because of so little rain, plus we have a lot of oaks which don't give much color. Don't know what to expect this year.

Jocelyn said...

I agree. The fall foliage is breathtaking. I love the mountain scenery. Thanks for sharing about your trip.

Needled Mom said...

Beautiful pictures, Pat. What a great trip you had.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

What beautiful scenery! Love that last picture. My husband isn't big on scenery and clouds (I love cloud pictures) but is more interested in getting to our destination whatever that might be. That means he drives and I can look at all the scenery I want. Sometimes I make him pull over for a photo. Then again sometimes there's no place to do that. Some gorgeous views are just for memory. :-)

Unknown said...

Nothing more awesome than God's paintbrush at work in the spring & fall ... you captured it so beautifully. We are going to take a poke up your way this weekend.

Oh, you are going to LOVE Charleston & Savannah. Grab all the history you can off the internet, the plantations are everywhere & awesome ... history abounds which you can see by many of my writes ... I am so excited for you ... we can never get enough of the south. I'll post even more soon ...

Have a great weekend.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Unknown said...

yah, I can see my county sign in that picture, warning of the step climbs

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Bea u ti ful Pat!!

Gari in AL said...

I have enjoyed your trip. We have been to almost all the places you visited (including Mary Jo's) so I also got to relive several of our trips. Getting away and seeing other locations is really good for the soul, isn't it?

Winona said...

Pat, just beautiful pictures.Thanks for sharing with us. Winona

Val said...

Mountains are my favorite. I love the beach but if I had a choice it would be the mountains. I always read your blog but I need to comment more. I love it!!!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Pat, my favorite season is Fall...the colors and the smells. I don't think I will ever be able to move away from seasons. We shall see. These pics are wonderful. Steph

Denise :) said...

What spectacular views you had! I can certainly understand why it would be tough to keep your focus on the road! :)