Saturday, October 9, 2010

An interesting lunch.....

Each Columbus Day weekend, in a beach town near to us, there is a gathering of MANY rescued greyhounds and their "people". I have come to know a few of them. Some of them arrive a few days ahead of time, so earlier this week, hubby and I met up with some of them for lunch. The weather wasn't so great that day, but we found one of the restaurants with a covered and heated patio and LARGE picnic tables. We enjoyed a nice lunch there and had a really fun time. It was hubby, me, all these people and all these dogs (some greyhounds and a few not). Now...tell me THAT wasn't an interesting way to eat lunch!!! (Yes...there were 12 dogs there!!!)Lucky us...we have a wonderful gal in the neighborhood who is willing to move in and house-sit for us so we can go away!!! That is terrific as we don't have to worry about mail piling up or plants going unwatered. So....we are taking advantage of this and will be going off for a few days to see some fall foliage down by my good quilting/blogging friend, Tonya!! We are going together to a HUGE fabric store in NC.......MaryJo's....can't wait! I hope to be able to post photos from NC...we will see what happens. I won't be online as much while we are away, though, so if I don't visit your blog over the next several days, you will know why.

22 comments:

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Mary Jo's is quite the experience! Let me know about that email I sent you.

Pat

Gene Black said...

So glad to hear that she can house sit for you. Even with a security system, I prefer for someone to be there.
I would hate for robbers to get my stash of fabric and chocolate.

Crispy said...

Have a wonderful trip Pat!! I hope you don't get fabric sensory overload LOL.

Crispy

Millie said...

Pat, have a wonderful and safe trip!

Joyful Quilter said...

I love greyhounds, when I retire I plan on getting one. I really like their friendly affectionate nature. Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

Pat...what day are you and Tonya heading to MJ's?

Rhonda said...

Hi Pat....sorry I've been away....doctors appts with mom....one of these days I'll get back to my machine.
Have fun shopping and visiting with friends.

Unknown said...

woohoo, heading to NC.....yippie, hip hip horray....look at them dogs, dang.......that's alot of tails wagging

Tangos Treasures said...

LOL looks like it was a fun lunch!!
NC to visit Tonya!! Yippiee hope you enjoy yourself & don't let Tonya get you into trouble!!!

Julia said...

Pat, have a wonderful and safe trip!
Shop till you drop!
Julia ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

Looking forward to hearing about your experience at MaryJos and with meeting Tanya. What city is MaryJos in?

Denise :) said...

Have a blast, Pat -- I'll look forward to hearing about your trip!! :)

Pat's Place said...

Have a great time!

Rachel said...

In Europe, people take their dogs right into the restaurants with them and nobody minds. Here, people get so uptight about animals around food, as if we don't have them in our own kitchens?

Looks like a fun lunch with all those pups! Hope you have a wonderful trip to NC and a great visit with Tonya! See ya when you get back...

Anonymous said...

The retired greys I've met are such gentle, sweet, low key dogs.

Have fun at Mary Jo's. Sounds like it's mischief in the making. Need help with bail money? Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

hetty said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip. Happy Shopping!

Beth said...

A doggie reunion! I love it. Have fun on your trip.

Stephanie Hughes said...

Have fun on the trip! I am jealous about the time you will have with Tonya and all the foilage. Love greyhounds! Steph

SheilaC said...

Have fun Pat! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Love the pic of all the greyhounds.
SheilaC

Unknown said...

wish I could meet the two of you in NC....you are going to have fun!

Dianne said...

Sounds like a fun fabric store to visit. Have fun.

Dianne said...

Sounds like a fun fabric store to visit. Have fun.