I recently won the first prize on Pat G's blog and she sent me these 3 pretty fat quarters. Thanks, Pat!

I think I am going to take the easy way out and make a set of reversible, fall placemats with NO piecing. I'll use the fabrics below.....the apple fabric on one side....the gourd/pumpkin fabric on the other side and the green for the binding. I am not good at making multiples of the same thing, so I figure it will be easier for me to stick with this if I make them simple...and it can't get much simpler than this!!! LOL
22 comments:
Nice FQ win!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them and how your placemats turn out.
Congrats on the win! I'm sure you'll get your placemats completed quickly.
oh la la....can't wait to see the placemats.
I can't wait to see your placemats.
And isn't FREE fabric fun?
Sounds pretty!
Congratulations on the win!
I love getting presents and prizes in the mail! Can't wait to see your placemats!
nice combos, you will be able to use them till the Christmas season!
Congratulations on your win. I love that squash fabric!
Pretty fat quarters, Pat. I think your place mats will be perfect. Simple is often the best way to go. Look forward to seeing them.
The place mats don't need to be involved, the fabic alone will make them special. Love the prints!
Simple is good. Love the fabrics you've chosen for the placemats. Sometimes some fabrics are better when they are not pieced. When they are all "chopped up" you don't get the full effect of the design. The gourd/pumpkin fabric is really unique and perfect for this time of year!
Congrats on the win Pat...lovely fabrics. Hey, simple is wonderful. Place mats tend to get washed a lot so will hold up better :0)
Crispy
Congrats and I can't wait to see your placemats.
Fabric in the mail is my *favorite*! :)
Love the purple fabric in the center. Congrats on the win!
The apple and gourd fabric will make nice place mats. When your fabric is already screaming Fall why not use the design to your advantage?
What a clever idea! No need to cut up the beautiful fabric when it's perfect as is.
Nice win! Those placemats will be great. I love the gourd fabric!
Hey, congrats on the win. I love to get anything quilty in the mail.
Like the placemat idea. The fabrics will look really good left in 'big' pieces.
It's a happy day, when there is fun fabrics in the mail!
Congratulations. Placemats would be cute, but I'm confident anything you create would be great. You are so very talented.
SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com
Nice wins Pat!
Micki
what pretty, pretty fabric......I feel fabric shopping coming on.....
Post a Comment