Sunday, October 31, 2010

Bells and flowers........

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!


The medical typing got FINISHED yesterday around noon and I hope not to get hit with such a huge amount of it again anytime soon! After church today, I will spend the rest of the day getting ready for the Amish quilting trip that starts tomorrow....YAY!!! I am excited about it now! (I better dig out that bottomless Amish shopping bag.)


Here are a few images from my life this past week.......our bell choir after we played in church on Sunday. We practice one night a week and will now play one Sunday a month as well as at special holiday services. It's a lot of fun and our director is very good.Next is hubby lighting the candles on the cake for Linda at the birthday dinner....yummy peanut butter/chocolate cake made by Ruth (who is in the orange shirt taking a picture).
Linda blowing out the candles...yes, she did it all in one breath BUT there weren't as many candles on the cake as there were years she was celebrating! (If there were, she might have needed two breaths! LOL)And some of the remaining flowers in our yard, which won't be around much longer since an overnight freeze will hit here soon, I'm sure! The summer-blooming flowers were a bit sluggish this year with constant high temps day and night...but picked up a bit when we started to have some cool temps at night. I'm enjoying their last few blooms now.

20 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Yippie! Glad the typing is finished!
Enjoy the trip to PA!
Love the flower pictures!

Tudy said...

The flowers look beautiful. Mine have been gone for weeks now.

Gene Black said...

First WOW- you got all that typing finished! Excellent.

Now you can really enjoy the trip to Amish country. That bottomless bag will certainly be handy again! ha ha. The flowers are gorgeous.

Crispy said...

Have a lovely trip!! I loved seeing your flowers, all flowers are gone here :0(

Crispy

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope some of your flowers make it - they're so pretty!

Great job on getting the typing done! Now you just need to shop just as hard with your bottomless shopping bag.

Anonymous said...

Really pretty pictures! Hope you enjoy your trip at the perfect peak of the Fall season.

luv2quilt2 said...

Great job getting all the typing done. I know you'll enjoy your trip, and I can't wait to see what you bring home in the bag!

Beth said...

Happy you got all that typing done. Now you can get ready for FUN! Enjoy your shopping trip.
Your flowers look really pretty, it was good to see them in bloom so late.

Sherry said...

Yummy peanut butter/chocolate cake. It sounds so gook. Glad to hear your work is done for a bit.

Sandi Linn Andersen said...

The flowers are just gorgeous!!! Could you print them on fabric and make them into a quilt or fabric postcards? They are just beeeeautiful! So glad the medical typing is done! Now you can enjoy that Amish quilt trip and we will look forward to the endless goodies that you will put in that Amish bag. LOL!

Judy S. said...

That black-eyed Susan vine is beautiful, way healthier looking than mine is at the moment thanks to the rain and cool temps. Have fun in PA. How long have you been playing bells? One of my favorite things to hear.,,,

Denise :) said...

Hey Pat! What a fun post -- I love all your flowers! Happy Halloween to you!! :)

hetty said...

Enjoy that trip! I love your flower pictures. My garden is just about finished. We have already had a bit of frost.

Val said...

I am glad that you got your work done so you can enjoy your trip. That would be a dream of mine to go and visit where the Amish live. I cannot wait to see the pictures.

Unknown said...

funny now when I see a picture of Gary, I feel like "hey, I know him"....lol

Debi said...

Have fun and those flowers are so beautiful.

Nanette Merrill said...

The flowers are lovely. It is really the end isn't it. And a bell choir! Love it.

Pat's Place said...

Gorgeous flower pictures!! Thanks for sharing them!

Pat said...

Have a wonderful trip Pat. I'am sure you will enjoy it. Your flowers are beautiful. Wonderful photos of everything.
Happy Quilting!

Kathleen said...

So much color in your garden still. Very pretty pictures.