GIVEAWAY now closed....winner announced in a March 1 post on this blog. I am keeping this simple. My 100th post was last week, but I waited until today so I could find a special prize at the big quilt show yesterday in Virginia. I also really want to share this giveaway only with those who have been my regular blog readers....those who have supported me on a regular basis since I began this adventure and not have it won by someone who just surfs blogs for giveaways and then disappears after the giveaway is done. SO.....to that end, I would ask you to NOT be posting about this elsewhere...it will be just for those who find themselves already here without any prompting from elsewhere. (That also gives you...my regular reader...a better chance to win.....so SHHHHHHH!!!!) I will draw the winner early on Sunday evening (March 1) and will announce it after that name is drawn. To enter, all you need to do is comment on THIS post. Everyone gets one comment and one chance to win. Simple, right? For those of you who read daily and don't comment, now is the time to OPEN YOUR MOUTH. I know you are out there....mostly you just lurk and read, but lurking and not commenting will not get you in the giveaway. For those of you who do comment regularly, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. When I began this, I worried that I'd have no readers...and you have blessed me with your presence here on a continuous basis...and I hope you continue to stop by regularly. I've posted every day so far...can't guarantee I will continue with a daily posting, but I will post as often as I can. Before you comment...here is a photo of the prize (click to enlarge) with a description below it. I hope you like it!
The prize is a watercolor quilt kit to make this "Heart of Mine" designed by Shirley Gilmore forWhims Watercolor Quilts . The kit comes with all the 2" fabric squares to make the heart and the background. (You supply your own border fabric in a color of your choosing...this blue border is what they show in their sample.) Also included is the 2" water color fusible grid that makes the project so easy (and has it turn out so well). Finished size before the border is 9" x 9 ". There will also be some fat quarters and a couple of other goodies added to the prize package. I liked the sample of this watercolor quilt so much that I bought the same kit for me when I was at the MidAtlantic Quilt Festival yesterday! :) Okay...time to comment.....are you ready???
NOTE: edited to add....I have one comment already for which I have no way to contact the person (if that person wins), so be sure I can click on your name and contact you or put your email address in your comment. If not, I'd have to choose another winner.
36 comments:
Oh no, I don't like being first, first NEVER wins...!!! LOL
I read you every day. I can't believe it has been a year since you started this blog. Happy Blog-a-versary....
Getting to know you through this blog has been a real joy! The "Heart of Mine" is just beautiful.
I hope you have lots to share from your adventure yesterday.
Oh wow! I love that and Ihave wanted to try doing a "watercolor" quilt. I already have the border fabric in a blue very similar to what they show. Ha. I know making the first comment is always "risky" in a giveaway because the first one virtually never wins.
I will take my chances. Someone has to go first. (yeah, I am the guy that will get a plate and start filling it first while everyone is waiting for someone else to start. )
If I don't win, I may that to ask for the ordering info.
LOL...while I was typing away, two "someone elses" commented.
As Linda B said, we would love to hear about the quilt show adventure. I will be waiting for that blog post.
Good Morning! Can't believe I am up and running but I am. Happy Blog Anniversary! Thanks for getting me started on it, for helping me when I get stuck and just Thanks for all you do. I Love the packet and they say three is the charm, so count me in.
Just to clarify...I'm not at the one YEAR anniversary here...it's my 100th post.....one year anniversary won't be until November. So far, I've posted daily but I suspect that will taper off a bit. I had a goal of posting daily until the 100th and reached it...and thanks to you readers, it made it a LOT of fun and quite easy to do!
Pat I have always wanted to make a whims kit but could never afford them. They are rarely on sale.
Oh I hope I win. You did good at the show and your gift is very generous.
Did you get to see Bonnie?
Pat, you will be "watercolor quilt buddies" with whoever wins this kit. Congrats and thanks, your blog is a daily adventure!
Hello Pat! Are you home from the quilt show? How was it? Do you have lots of pictures to show us?
Congratulations on your 100th post! Wow - you have been posting daily! That's quite a feat. Of course I should know that because I read your blog daily haha.
This is a beautiful prize - is it really only a 9x9" quilt? Tiny, tiny pieces. Looks like a fun project!
Take care. ☺
Hi Pat, I know you had an awesome time at the quilt show yesterday and I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. Good for you for attaining your goal of posting 100 days in a row :^)
Happy 100th Posting and please enter me in your giveaway. The heart of Mine project is so pretty!
I hope that you had a wonderful time at the Quilt Festival. Are you going to post all about it so we can all be jealous? Did anyone recognize you????
The watercolor kit gift looks beautiful. I am sure it will be appreciated by whomever receives it.
Congratulations on your 100th blog. Daily entries are so difficult, if only time wise. It is nice to meet all the different folks from all over. They are a great bunch of people.
Congrats on your 100th post. Your blog is one that I look forward to reading every day. I actually scroll through all the other new posts and read yours first, then go back to everyone else's. Me being new in the "blog" world. You really took me under your wing and helped me tons. Thanks so much Pat for being a wondering "bloggin" friend. PS. I love the kit and love "fat boys" (quarters).
What a beautiful giveaway! Congratulations on your 100th post!
Congratulations on your 100th post! That little quilt kit is just beautiful - whoever wins will be very lucky! I enjoyed looking around your blog -- your post about the little project with *fabric manipulation* was really interesting! Thanks for sharing!
Congratulations on your 100th post! I've followed you from the very beginning and I think you are doing great! I love seeing your posts each and every day! :)
I've always wanted to try a watercolor quilt...nice prize!!
Congrats...I want to know what all you did at the quilt show...
I have never done a watercolor quilt...what a great chance this would be...and the fabric is GORGEOUS!
Finding your blog was like finding a friend...
Oh, what a gorgeous kit and generous giveaway. Congrats on your 100th post. I tuly enjoy reading your blog. (If I win, it will be the perfect birtdaypresent as my birthday is the day after your giveaway ends...)
STOP IT NOW! Tell everyone to stop leaving comments -- I'm going to win! LOL! Love that kit and congratulations on your 100 posts.
Incredible prize!!! You really know how to celebrate. Congrats on 100 posts, may there be many, many more.
Sue Cahill (sbonetsue at yahoo dot com)
Congratulations Pat! I hope you enjoyed the Quilt Show. I hope to get there next year. Thanks for offering the give-away!
Hey, you write every day and I read every day, that should mean I win, right?
Hi Pat. Congrats on your 100th post. I have enjoyed them all. That is a beautiful kit. You are so generous in everything you do. Want to hear all about the quilt show.
I, too, want to hear more about the quilt show Pat! Very beautiful kit you found, and the watercolors are always so soothing to look at. Keep up the great blog!
WOW !! You've posted EVERYDAY for 100 days in a row?!?!?!!!!! (and I thought I had alot to blab about!! I bow to you oh Queen of Chit Chat !!! (maybe there should be a tiara to go with that title! :)
.....what a fun (and GORGEOUS) prize!! (is that Quilt Festival the one in Williamsburg? ) Anywho .... I'd love to win it !!PLLLLLLLEEEEEEASE !!!!
I just found your blog and what a great place that you have created. Please enter me in your giveaway.
Oh I love it! Please enter me!
ebhcampbell@verizon.net
Congrats on your 100th post! Doesn't it go by fast??!!?? Hope you had a great time at the quilt show.
Wow thats lovely I'm still too scared to try it though
Wow, look at all the people who have commented. I only got 19 for my giveaway....you are doing good. Well..sign me up....my arm is raised and I am yelling 'PICK ME"...PICK ME!!!!
Sounds like you had an awesome time at the quilt show and you really didn't do much damage...you got alot of fun stuff and when you won that fat quater giveway...well...how exciting is that? PIKE ME111
I'm finally getting up and running and reading blogs. I love your give away but mostly I love the friendship we have made through our blogs.
Sounds like the show was wonderful.
Your blog and postings to my blog are good medicine for my recovery from knee surgery.
CONGRATS ON YOUR 100TH POSTING.
Have a quilty day,
Pat
Morning, Pat,
Jacob and I were up early this morning (I will need a nap after I get back from taking him home)so we checked our blog and my messages - and there you were. :-) Congrats on your 100th post!!! What a sweet little quilt that is! It would be fun to win the kit for it! Jacob is watching cartoons so I can take a few minutes and ready about your quilt show trip. By the way, you are one very good blogger to have posted everyday since you began blogging!!
I hope I'm counted as one of your followers. I love the quilt and would love to win. Congrats on your 100th post, it's quite an accomplishment!!
Val...a blogging pal...is having some trouble getting a comment posted, so I am doing it for her. She has tried and it's not shown up yet...so this is a "just in case" post on her behalf!!!
Hi Pat....I never did see you and looked for a shirt that read Got Fabric! LOL I did run into several people I hadn't seen in years! Hope I'm not too late for the drawing!
Congrats on 100 posts :)
I totally forgot to do one when I hit 100 so I am going to do 150...stay tuned, you might be the winner!!!
Your projects are always so awesome...keep up the great work.
Peggy
My posts keep getting lost in cyberspace! Here I go for the 3rd time, LOL. Great blog and congrats on reaching your 100th post Pat. I love the heart gift and so kewl you'll also have one to commemorate your milestone.
Post a Comment