Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Info about our daughter's CD


A few days back, Kaye commented on my blog and made reference to our daughter's CD. Many of those who read my blog ended up emailing me to ask questions, so I decided to devote this post to answering those questions and to giving you the information you requested. Our younger daughter is musically talented (voice and instrumental). We had a choir director where we used to live who has a music production company with his wife. He is still a choir director and also works with a small symphony orchestra...he composes music, etc. He has many contacts in the music industry in New York City and elsewhere. He has worked with our daughter for awhile helping her write and record a CD. While I must admit, it is "younger" music than we prefer, there are some songs I really like and it is quite fun to see this CD now in the "pre-order" status online. If you want to hear snippets (for free) of 3 of her songs, click HERE....and go down the ringtone page until you see Tarra Dei (her recording name) and the album cover pictured here and then click on the arrow right under her name on the album cover to hear each of the songs. You have to do each one separately. There is no charge to listen to them...the area to "buy" the ringtones is separate and off to the right. If you like what you hear (or think one of your children, grandkids, nieces, nephews, etc) would like to pre-order it, do a search on either Amazon.com or Target's website for Tarra Dei. (For any of you blog readers who are Pat Sloan groupies, you can get her some credit from Amazon if you order through Pat's blog......just go to her blog and do the Tarra Dei search on her Amazon icon there and then proceed to place your order.) The name of the CD is Loved and it will be available March 3. The songs will be on i-Tunes soon and I will update here when that happens. We are quite tickled pink about this, of course. Whether or not you want to buy it (and please don't mind my shamelessly promoting it here.....what parent wouldn't??), I appreciate the fact that so many of you contacted me to inquire about it after Kaye made mention of the CD in her comments here the other day and I hope you will have time to listen to some of the music on the ringtones webpage linked above. Who knows what may happen? Maybe someday, I'll be saying...."I knew her when...." LOL

15 comments:

Gene Black said...

I hope the songs will be available on iTunes OR by song from Amazon. I am gonna want the title song. (and maybe "Call Me") I want to be able to hear clips of all of them.
This is awesome!

Pat said...

GOOD point, Gene....I have just added a line to the original post that mentions i-Tunes....which will be involved soon with song put on there. Thanks for the feedback! PAT

Nancy said...

I listened and approve....great voice!

LINDA BYLSMA said...

I like all three! But especially Call Me. I can identify, I think any woman or girl can. How old is Kaye? Is she married? Is that her tatoo on the cover? Yes, I have a son . . . .

Susan said...

great songs.. very talented..
Hugs
Susan

Della said...

WOW! I'm impressed. She is gonna make it. Great talent.

Anonymous said...

She has a lovely voice, w-a-y more talented than what I heard on American Idol just last night!

Michelle said...

Wow...congratulations to your daughter! I'm sure she is excited and I KNOW you are a proud Momma! :)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Awesome news Pat! I just listened to the clips and I just love her voice. How exciting for her :^)

Needled Mom said...

That must be so exciting for everyone. I hope she will be wildly successful in her music endeavors.

quiltingnana said...

you have a right to be proud!!!

darcysmom said...

I have to agree with Barbara. Better than Idol. Now she has to try out for the show!

Val said...

Goodness, how have I missed this side of your daughter's life? She's terrific and has a beautiful voice, I went and listened to the 3 songs. Not my style but great and I hope she rises quickly to have her music in demand. I know you are so proud you could bust!! By all means, continue to toot her horn, you all deserve to!!
HUGS :-)

Gretchen said...

Congratulations for your daughter and you!!

Busy Little Quilter said...

That's awesome, Pat! I love her music!

Tell her congratulations for me! That would be so amazing to have a CD.