Monday, February 16, 2009

Isn't this cute???



I spoke on Valentine's Day about the nice package from Sandi that included her pattern for her Turkish Rose pincushion. I took time to make it right away and love it. I think I will make more as gifts It's adorable, isn't it? And since I love doing handwork, this was a fun project for me to complete. (Oh....goodie...it's a completed project for February, too!!!) You can see it closer if you click on the photo and enlarge it. Sorry the photo is a bit blurry and a tiny bit on the dark side. The one I did with the flash washed the colors out...probably should have taken the photo in natural light, but I was too excited to wait until it was light outside.

13 comments:

Nancy said...

Cute pincushion. Don't you just love projects that are so quickly done? Such instant satisfaction....

Betsy said...

very nice. We can never have enough pincushions.

Debi said...

This is a cute pincushion. I also love your new background on your blog.

LINDA BYLSMA said...

Love the pincushion, Pat. I'm looking forward to being a part of Woolley Buddies. FYI, I downloaded that CDRom for the quilt blocks, and it REALLY messed up my computer. Had to make copies and get it off the system just to read blogs!!

Anonymous said...

Your pin cushion looks great. Going to make mine today.

Rachel said...

Oh that IS cute! Did it take long to make? My daughter and I made a couple of those strawberry pincushions from Martha Stewart last night. I think she's hooked now.

Sara said...

That did turn out really cute!!! You are making a lot of stuff...

Unknown said...

That is great, I love it. I hate to sound stupid, but what did you stuff it with?

andsewon said...

Oh I love that!!!!
Can never have to many pin holders!

Amy R said...

Love the pincushion Pat! Does Sandi have the Pattern on her blog or is it available on the Woolies group? Just too cute and yes, it looks like I too might be able to actually make it! Amy, in South Lyon, MI

Amy R said...

Love the pincushion Pat! Does Sandi have the Pattern on her blog or is it available on the Woolies group? Just too cute and yes, it looks like I too might be able to actually make it! Amy, in South Lyon, MI

Val said...

Darling pincushion and how fun to get a kit and make it yourself! Nice stitching too. I didn't get any sewing done today but did just rip out a sweater I was knitting for Ethan, grrrr. It was going to be HUGE, gggg.

Michelle said...

Cute! I have a obsession...err, collection of pincushions. :)